Since v3, when I plug in my headphones, it wont open/start playing

pote

When I plug in my aux/headphones, the app wont start automatically.  I have the Headset/Bluetooth setting "Resume on Wired Headset" set on. What am I missing? Phone is an LGv20, Android 8, if that matters.  Any help will be appreciated

I've just tried it, and in my case, its working just fine if the app is on screen. (oneplus5 oos8.1)

Indeed, it wont work its in background. 

But did the V2 was working like that? can't recall.

All I know, is I also have issue with button input. Let say I'm on the radioFM app , and I need to change the FM station with remote, Poweramp starts... and Poweramp is closed/paused. v2 didnt do that.

14 minutes ago, overdose said:

I've just tried it, and in my case, its working just fine if the app is on screen. (oneplus5 oos8.1)

Indeed, it wont work its in background. 

But did the V2 was working like that? can't recall.

The V2 worked from the background if the track was paused, not stopped in my case.

Ok, I found that the update disabled the Settings, Extensions, Smart Settings for headphones. I was set to Poweramp, but not enabled. Working now. Dont know how to rebove the bug tag, but it's not warranted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 4:30 PM, pote said:

Ok, I found that the update disabled the Settings, Extensions, Smart Settings for headphones. I was set to Poweramp, but not enabled. Working now. Dont know how to rebove the bug tag, but it's not warranted.

I'm probably being dense, but I can't find the Extensions sub-menu under Settings.  Can you elaborate, pote?  This is the only issue I've had with v3.  Although it takes a little while to get used to, I love it.

Edit: ignore below, I'm an idiot and only just found the proper thread that explains this issue (https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15531-auto-resume-not-function-every-time-after-update-to-v3).

My apologies, but *bump*

This is the only problem/complaint I have with v3.  Previously whenever I plugged in my headphones Poweramp would start playing immediately.  Now it seems to be random whether it plays or not.  Seems to be a 50/50 shot, but when it doesn't start playing it doesn't seem to matter if I re-insert the headphones.  I have "Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Resume On Wired Headset" enabled.  Seems like pote found a solution, but I don't have the same menu options as him (I'm guessing he was looking in the settings of his phone rather than the settings of Poweramp).

I don't have the Battery Saver feature of Android enabled but I do have Adaptive Battery enabled.  This issue seems to happen regardless of battery level.

I have a Pixel XL.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Archived