Playlist songs all gone after sd card unmount

The only way to ensure you do not lose your playlists in Poweramp (or android for that matter)when removing your sdcard whilst the device is switched on,  is to export them as .m3u8 playlists. Poweramp has this functionality,

Settings, Libary, Export Poweramp Playlists. Third party apps such as New Playlist Manager also offer this functionality.

I use *.m3u playlists and haven't had this problem. I keep my playlists on the SD card. This way if I remove the card the playlists are not available to be manipulated by PA. When I put the card back in the phone and do a full rescan, voila - playlist(s) intact.

23 hours ago, maxmp said:

What playlists (file based or just created in Poweramp)? Do they actually exist but empty?

This is improved for next build (less chance for removed storages to cause tracks to disappear).

just created in Poweramp

ok, i can export the playlist and import them later if they disappear but what about other lists like top rated songs, recently played, recently added?

Rescan will not do it. When you remove your sdcard whilst the device is switched on, tracks are effectively removed so the database is cleaned up, including recently played etc. However, you can create playlists of these categories too. Just go to such a category, long tap brings up the menu with a "all" tickbox and add playlist.

Archived