Read First: Poweramp v3 is now the official version of the product, with new features and a new user-interface

andrewilley

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi.

Some time ago I bought the full version of the program.
V3 works great on the phone. The problem appeared when trying to install on a multimedia station in a car. From Google Play, I only see version V2. I can install the V3 version only from the apk file.

After installing Poweramp V3 from the apk file, Google Play continues to show the need to install the V2 version.
How to deal with this ?

Head Unit:

Android: 8.1

CPU: Intel Airmont eight-core 1.8GHz SC9853i 64-bit

GPU: Dual core Arm Mali-T820.
RAM: LPDDR4 4GB 
Flash: Samsung 32GB
Res: 1024x600

It's because you have an Intel chipset, PA v3 is not optimised for Intel devices any more so Google will want to install v2 by default (which did have an Intel-specific version).

However the v3 versions from the website here will work fine on your device, and the Play Store unlocker will continue to work fine as long as you install from Google first and then install the newer APK.

Andre

57 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

It's because you have an Intel chipset, PA v3 is not optimised for Intel devices any more so Google will want to install v2 by default (which did have an Intel-specific version).

However the v3 versions from the website here will work fine on your device, and the Play Store unlocker will continue to work fine as long as you install from Google first and then install the newer APK.

Andre

Hi Andre, thank you for your answer.

Now it is clear.

I confirm that apk from the website works fine. Unlocker from Play Store works too.

Some small discomfort is that Play Store still wants to install the old version for a new one :)

Thanks again for the quick response.

PS.

Can you just answer me why the Poweramp V3 is not officially in the Play Store if it works properly on Intel chipsets?

At least I do not see any problems on the Intel device.

29 minutes ago, Zmylna said:

Can you just answer me why the Poweramp V3 is not officially in the Play Store if it works properly on Intel chipsets?

I assume it's a historical thing in the way these things are flagged, but I don't know for sure. Most modern Intel devices don't seem to need specific builds though, and Intel are moving out of the mobile-device chip market anyway (hence no specifically developed PA code for them now).

Andre

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, sphinx780 said:

Moving to a new device. Where do I find my album artwork in my current device on the newest release?

Album artwork should be embedded in your music files ideally, but if you want to copy over any downloaded artwork you would need to copy over the contents of the relevant folders in /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ from the old device to the new one.

Andre 

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2019 at 11:56 PM, flyingdutchman said:

@mikep47, i have worked closely in terms of maximizing the layout with users who have an auto tablet so perhaps my skin meets your requirement

Thank you for the tip. I gave Big Yaps a try for a couple of days but the rest of the changes to the interface were just too much, with no way to get back to the old views and text sizes. Went back to trusty old V2. Hoping the endless license checks are a thing of the past with the uni build as well. 

در تاریخ ۱۳۹۷/۷/۲۸ در ساعت 12:00 ، SpasilliumNexus گفت:

با تشکر از شما برای این! چند تنظیم از پیش تنظیم شده با تنظیم پیش فرض در Poweramp v3 می توانید.

این برنامه را برای شما مهیا کرده است تا بتوانید خودتان را واضحک کنید و در برنامه خود را محدود کنید.

Archived