Read First: Poweramp v3 is now the official version of the product, with new features and a new user-interface

andrewilley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's up with the queue options? when it starts immediately, it's pretty much dumb and i have no idea why is that even an option. if i turn that option off, it still plays STRAIGHT OFF when i add the album to the queue and moreover when i listen to the track that got cut off again it doesn't start the queue after it's done playing now. why can't it just be like before, you play an album, you add somw to the queue and they start playing only after the first one is over? why overcomplicate stuff

On 12/29/2018 at 1:23 PM, doomjitsu said:

. why can't it just be like before, you play an album, you add somw to the queue and they start playing only after the first one is over? 

Disable Settings > Library > Queue > Start Playing Queue Immediately

That does the trick for me.

11302018143620.jpg

5 hours ago, DoctaSoul said:

Create an option to have more than one queue.  And create an option button to play a song next and so on and so on.  Please!  Thank you.

As has been said elsewhere, that then becomes a Playlist not a queue, and they are already supported.

You can move items up and down in both the Queue and in Playlists by the way. There isn't a specific quick "move to front of queue" command though, so if you have a lot of items in the queue (which is not really what it is intended for) then you might have a bit of dragging to do.

Andre

On 12/30/2018 at 4:37 PM, blaubär said:

Disable Settings > Library > Queue > Start Playing Queue Immediately

That does the trick for me.

11302018143620.jpg

well, i don't need it to play after the current track and i don't need it to play immediately. those seem like the only options and that's how it's been in my app

31 minutes ago, doomjitsu said:

well, i don't need it to play after the current track and i don't need it to play immediately. those seem like the only options and that's how it's been in my app

Those are the only two options at the moment. I think Max plans to restore the old v2 Play After Current List option at some point though.

Andre

License validation of v3 version... 

Hello guys. 

I purchased for a friend of mine Poweramp v2 not long ago via Google Play. This person doesn't use Internet and is elderly person, so I activated the v2 and she used it offline w/o problems. 

After upgrade to v3 it looks like v3 needs permanent Internet to validate license (every day?)... 

As my friend doesn't have Internet at all, I validated the license several times w giving her Wlan-Hotspot, however the message abt license comes every time she's offline for some time, so is it possible to make a solution for the problem? 

After correct validation is it possible to disable the validation as unnecessary (the person is always offline)... 

I myself use Internet everyday permanently, so I don't see that message, but people w/o such usage... 

3 hours ago, Olexijll said:

After correct validation is it possible to disable the validation as unnecessary (the person is always offline)... 

It is not possible to 100% guarantee that an app licensed in the way that PA works will never need to re-validate. In theory once it has been validated (within 24-48 hours of installation) it should never need to be checked again in normal use, but in the real world that often doesn't seem to be the case. For more details, please see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required .

Andre 

I have been using this for a few years now on an android head unit in the car. my couple of issues are as follows since the update

I load up a usb drive with a few gig of albums and play them via shuffle all, this worked a treat for a very long time, now however when i start the car up Poweramp forgets this choice and only shuffles the album folder it was currently playing the track from. It does not matter how many times i tell it to do this by selecting play all songs shuffle it reverts, it will remember for that time only. restart the car and back it goes.

The next bug is the irritating starting up full screen over the top of my head unit gui, i have to close it each time.

4 hours ago, Bluetac said:

It does not matter how many times i tell it to do this by selecting play all songs shuffle it reverts, it will remember for that time only. restart the car and back it goes.

Presumably your device is shutting down without allowing Poweramp to save its current configuration cleanly first. Try going into the All Songs list and tapping on the first song to start playback. Then set the player-screen Shuffle icon to 'All Songs'. Then pause/stop playback and exit and close the app, which should set that as the current configuration. See if that then restores when you next start the device fron cold. 

Andre

On 1/9/2019 at 3:43 PM, andrewilley said:

Presumably your device is shutting down without allowing Poweramp to save its current configuration cleanly first. Try going into the All Songs list and tapping on the first song to start playback. Then set the player-screen Shuffle icon to 'All Songs'. Then pause/stop playback and exit and close the app, which should set that as the current configuration. See if that then restores when you next start the device fron cold. 

Andre

Hi Andre

I have tried since setting the shuffle a number of times and closing Poweramp back down then restart it back up to no avail, the second the the ignition is turned off and left till the next day it reverts to just shuffling the artist folder and not the  entire library . V2 worked just fine no matter how long it was left for.

I have just had an update come through today from play for the unlocker so i will see how it goes after that, I Appreciate the quick reply thank you

@maxmp Thank you

In my opinion, I believe that the process of changing the application interface would be completely with the redesign of the icons on the main screen, with cleaner icons and vivid colors.

It's just a suggestion.  Thanks for the huge job.

20190111_175311.jpg

Something like that:

20190111_180348.jpg

• 1 month later...

I love the new interface. I'm on a Minix Android box, linked to my Denon system and using an Air remote.

In the previous version I could set the key presses to send a track to the queue with a single press, but can't seem to find this option now. I have to long press and then select add to queue. Has this the button press configuration been removed, or have I just not found it? Hope it's not gone, it was a quick way to create the queue.

1 minute ago, Rick47 said:

In the previous version I could set the key presses to send a track to the queue with a single press,

I think you probably mean Settings > Library > List > List Item Click Action > and set to "Enqueue and stay in the list".

Andre

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Hivi said:

Hi, old version have option for full screen and in v3 I can't find that option. Can somebody help me

It is always full-screen, most apps are. Do you mean that you want to hide the Android Status Bar at the top of the screen? If so, that is in Settings > Look and Feel. Or do you want to see Visualisation Full-screen without the controls/album art? If so, tap on the Visualisation icon on the left (just below the album art).

Andre

Archived