Not Pulling All Music Files

Envelo

Not a lot to go on there to be honest.

What solutions have you tried, what version of Poweramp/device/ROM do you have, is there any consistency about what files are missing (same file type or filenames, locations, lengths, etc?). Are you using CUE files or just plain one-song audio files?

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Not a lot to go on there to be honest.

What solutions have you tried, what version of Poweramp/device/ROM do you have, is there any consistency about what files are missing (same file type or filenames, locations, lengths, etc?). Are you using CUE files or just plain one-song audio files?

Andre

I have the latest version of Poweramp v3. I've tried don't ignore short tracks, and include/exlude cue files. I've made sure each individual file is selected and it still won't pull. Some of the files are just standard 320 mp3,some are FLAC and a few are CUE. I had no problems with Poweramp v2. Problem started after the update. 

- ensure music folders (or just whole storage(s)) are selected in settings / Library / Music folders and hit Full Rescan on the bottom

- rarely some files have incorrect duration specified in them and get filtered by settings / Library / Ignore short tracks options

33 minutes ago, maxmp said:

- ensure music folders (or just whole storage(s)) are selected in settings / Library / Music folders and hit Full Rescan on the bottom

- rarely some files have incorrect duration specified in them and get filtered by settings / Library / Ignore short tracks options

I have the ignore option set to "Don't Ignore". I have ensured that each artist folder was selected, still will not pull some files. Selecting the entire storage only pulls the audio files from the games I have my device. 

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

The problem even occurs now with the legacy version 

8 hours ago, Envelo said:

The problem even occurs now with the legacy version 

Then it is most likely an issue with reading your file system and/or some of the files. Can you identify any specific files which don't get scanned in? What happens if you launch one of them in PA from a File Explorer app rather than looking for them in PA's Library (have a look at Tags/Info and see if anything looks strange).

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Then it is most likely an issue with reading your file system and/or some of the files. Can you identify any specific files which don't get scanned in? What happens if you launch one of them in PA from a File Explorer app rather than looking for them in PA's Library (have a look at Tags/Info and see if anything looks strange).

Andre

The files are FLAC CUE which is strange because similar files got pulled. PA will play the missing if I select them at the source folder just won't add them to the library. 

It will be the CUE element that's causing the problem I suspect. If you don't have any CUE files (just rename a couple to .CUX for test purposes) do the large master FLAC audio files show in PA as single tracks? Are the CUE files in the same storage locations as their accompanying FLAC files?

And you say you have already tried disabling the Settings > Library > Scanner > "Parse CUE Files" option, and also Settings > Library > Lists > "Show CUE disc image files"?

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

It will be the CUE element that's causing the problem I suspect. If you don't have any CUE files (just rename a couple to .CUX for test purposes) do the large master FLAC audio files show in PA as single tracks? Are the CUE files in the same storage locations as their accompanying FLAC files?

And you say you have already tried disabling the Settings > Library > Scanner > "Parse CUE Files" option, and also Settings > Library > Lists > "Show CUE disc image files"?

Andre

I have other FLAC CUE files that pulled. I removed the source for one of them then put it back on my SD card and it pulled. 

10 hours ago, Envelo said:

I have other FLAC CUE files that pulled. I removed the source for one of them then put it back on my SD card and it pulled. 

So the problem seems to be with specific CUE files then (if the FLACs will show without their matching CUE files). Anything odd with the contents of any of them (special characters, absolute paths to files, etc)?

Andre

Archived