AAC tags not being read on v3

choppedartisan

Damn it dev, this crap works now! I am beyond glad to be able to use PA as intended. 

I wasn't checking on replies to this thread. I am very pleasantly surprised, @maxmp @andrewilley.

Now that everything works great. I would love to see PA work with synchronized lyrics files, not just non-sync lyrics tags. I have a ton of those files from using Minilyrics on Windows. Not a necessity, though. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, choppedartisan said:

Damn it dev, this crap works now! I am beyond glad to be able to use PA as intended. 

I wasn't checking on replies to this thread. I am very pleasantly surprised, @maxmp @andrewilley.

Now that everything works great. I would love to see PA work with synchronized lyrics files, not just non-sync lyrics tags. I have a ton of those files from using Minilyrics on Windows. Not a necessity, though. 

Max is gradually tackling all the weird and wonderful variations on tagging formats that are turning up in the wild. If anyone else still has issues, uploading samples will help him to develop workarounds (usually for whatever Apple has done this time :) )

Andre

• 1 year later...

These are .mp4 files with AAC encoded audio, so the .mp3 extension is not correct, the file extension should be .mp4.

kea@linchpin:~$ file 1543452493_NenjukkulPeidhidum.mp3
1543452493_NenjukkulPeidhidum.mp3: ISO Media, MP4 v2 [ISO 14496-14]

The mp4 tags are read by mediainfo, but I'm not sure if PA is supposed to be able to read these tags.

Archived