Poweramp
Pula

Current playlist | feature request

We need a queue like list to be shown somewhere to see, what songs are gonna play next... Not that weird queue system.

Library > Queue shows you the complete list of queued songs, and you can remove songs or re-order them from there too.

Andre

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Library > Queue shows you the complete list of queued songs, and you can remove songs or re-order them from there too.

Andre

Not what I mean

8 hours ago, Pula said:

Not what I mean

I answered what you asked, so what did you actually mean then? If you still care anyway.

Andre

A queue is supposed to be essentially a "now playing" list. If you are playing a playlist, the queue should be that playlist, and if you were to start playing an album, the queue should change to that album. If u have a samsung, Samsung Music is a great example of how a queue should be, and also shows the queue on the Player UI— which I believe is what Pula was initially requested, correct me of I'm wrong.

The current queue in Poweramp doesn't really serve much of a purpose when you compare it to a playlist, but a playlist doesn't serve the all the same functions as a "now playing" list would.

Is this all making sense? I'm not 100% sure if I explained it very well or not.

Google Play Music also uses a queue similar to Samsung Music I believe. I attached a screenshot of Google explaining how to add songs to it's queue, the main thing I want you to get from it is:

"You can quickly add... music to your Google Play Music Queuethe list of songs you'll be listening to next."

Screenshot_2018-12-16-16-03-25.png

20 minutes ago, fyourself said:

A queue is supposed to be essentially a "now playing" list.

No, the Queue in Poweramp is a way to temporarily interrupt and break away from your regular playback mode (which could be listening to an Artist, a Folder, an Album, or a Playlist for example) in order to line up - or "enqueue" - a few different tracks of your choice, which could just be one random song, or a whole album, etc. Once those few special queued items are all finished, playback will resume in your regular listening mode exactly where you left off. It is not a Google or Samsung queue which is their main method of playback.

Andre

Ok, I understand. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't the functionality of Poweramp's queue be added to a queue such as Samsung Music's by simply adding a "Play Next" option when selecting songs, etc. to be added to queue?

You can already tell Poweramp whether you want an enqueued item (or items) to start playing immediately, or to finish playing the current song before starting the queue. See Settings >Library > Queue > Start Playing Queue Immediately.

Andre