Current playlist | feature request

Pula

A queue is supposed to be essentially a "now playing" list. If you are playing a playlist, the queue should be that playlist, and if you were to start playing an album, the queue should change to that album. If u have a samsung, Samsung Music is a great example of how a queue should be, and also shows the queue on the Player UI— which I believe is what Pula was initially requested, correct me of I'm wrong.

The current queue in Poweramp doesn't really serve much of a purpose when you compare it to a playlist, but a playlist doesn't serve the all the same functions as a "now playing" list would.

Is this all making sense? I'm not 100% sure if I explained it very well or not.

Google Play Music also uses a queue similar to Samsung Music I believe. I attached a screenshot of Google explaining how to add songs to it's queue, the main thing I want you to get from it is:

"You can quickly add... music to your Google Play Music Queuethe list of songs you'll be listening to next."

Screenshot_2018-12-16-16-03-25.png

20 minutes ago, fyourself said:

A queue is supposed to be essentially a "now playing" list.

No, the Queue in Poweramp is a way to temporarily interrupt and break away from your regular playback mode (which could be listening to an Artist, a Folder, an Album, or a Playlist for example) in order to line up - or "enqueue" - a few different tracks of your choice, which could just be one random song, or a whole album, etc. Once those few special queued items are all finished, playback will resume in your regular listening mode exactly where you left off. It is not a Google or Samsung queue which is their main method of playback.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Archived