Smart playlists

martinkem

If i may I would love to see a smart playlist feature added to Poweramp just like Rocket Player has. Smart playlists would allow one to make playlists that can generate its own content e.g. A playlist of songs created in 2018 or one with songs that are rated 4 stars or more (side suggestion: read ratings in the id3 tags) 

• 5 months later...
On 12/13/2018 at 12:10 AM, flyingdutchman said:

You may find what you are looking for with New Playlist Manager. With the latest version of Poweramp you will be able to create Poweramp playlists by building your own query.

Does your New Playlist Manager include the ability to use multiple ID3v2.3 tags for playlist generation; ie; TBPM + TCON + TYER? And does TCON support specifying multiple Genres; ie; "Pop;Folk/Rock;Bluegrass"?

@w3wilkes

1. Although my app does not split multiple genres, you can easily create playlists by using the "contains" operator when using the "smart playlist" option.

For example, tag genre holds Metal/Heavy Metal/Headbanging, you can build a query that asks for genre contains "Heavy Metal".

2. TBPM, beats per minute,  can be set using my IDV3.2 tag editor but as it is not held in either the android nor Poweramp database, you cannot run queries on this. 

3. TYER, year , the year tag is available  to be used in queries.

4. TCON, content type, not sure what is held here. I did notice he genre tag has contentype eg (9) which my app then translates against the published list to show "Metal" as an example.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that your app could be used to generate exercise sets using BPM and include more than one Genre and maybe add a year range, but it sounds like it won't meet my needs. I currently do these type playlists on my PC and transfer them to my phone. 

It is frustrating that some tags are not available in media databases such as android and Poweramp. I have also regular  requests for the comment tag but again, not available. Max could easily add some of these. (and populate them when scanning music).

As for my app. I intend to create my own media database for these tags so you can run queries like you requested. However, this is planned for the future.

Archived