imetral

Album Art Image Quality

Poweramp uses 512x152 and 1024x1024 (HD) textures, and downloads images up to 1024x1024 (normal) and 2048x2048 (hi-res). All the options are available in settings / Album Art, but if you have device with limited per-app memory settings, low-res screen, or older Androids (5/6), you better avoid enabling HD / 24bit album art as it will waste memory and push other images out of cache.

35 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp uses 512x152 and 1024x1024 (HD) textures, and downloads images up to 1024x1024 (normal) and 2048x2048 (hi-res). All the options are available in settings / Album Art, but if you have device with limited per-app memory settings, low-res screen, or older Androids (5/6), you better avoid enabling HD / 24bit album art as it will waste memory and push other images out of cache.

damn, alright. something must be up with my phone then bc i use upwards of 3000x3000 images and the artwork and text on the artwork especially looks softened. thanks for the quick reply.

Btw 3kx3k will take (if Poweramp would not downscale them) 72mb (3000x3000x4 and finally x2 - don't ask - because this is Android:-) ) in RAM.  On some devices Poweramp is limited to 192-256mb.

I agree that 3000x3000 is probably wildly excessive, that must be making the file sizes a lot larger than necessary for no practical advantage that I can think of. Cover images are mostly used for thumbnails or displayed no wider than about 4 inches even on a large phone, or 6 or 7 inches on a tablet. Even on a large PC screen, 3000 pixel images are not necessary nor displayable.

Andre

I Used to have large artworks embedded in my music too, but found this useful website:

https://www269.lunapic.com/editor/

Just upload your artwork and select scale image and scale it to 600x600 or whatever you like,It doesn't reduce quality at all, also you can edit your artwork, I always saturate colors a bit, brighten the darker ones etc... But that's up to you.

2 hours ago, Abolfazl Ghorbani said:

I Used to have large artworks embedded in my music too, but found this useful website:

https://www269.lunapic.com/editor/

Just upload your artwork and select scale image and scale it to 600x600 or whatever you like,It doesn't reduce quality at all, also you can edit your artwork, I always saturate colors a bit, brighten the darker ones etc... But that's up to you.

i usually just use Photoshop, i had no idea that site existed.