Poweramp Build 814

maxmp

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Max,

Thanks for the v3 update, it's refreshing..love the new tempo feature and the wave seekbar is brilliant!  However please bring back the Crossfade option while manually seeking. When next is hit twice, Crossfade stops. This used to not happen in v2 and really loved the smooth transition. Or maybe the seek length can be increased. 

Really looking forward to getting this back.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:56 PM, maxmp said:

I did it already and there is no any issues with Hi-Res (S9+, Exynos variant).

Dear Max, I have also installed stable version but on my phone I just can't seem to have wired/aux on hi res audio

I don't get it, could you please help

13 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Mvensjip Unfortunately I don't have exactly your device on hands so I can't comment on this. My tested device is S9+ Exynos (SM-G965F) @  PPR1.180610.011.G965FXXU2ZRKA

Screenshot_20181225-230943_Poweramp.jpg

This is so weird and frustrating as I only use wired headphones to listen to music,  I really don't get what is the issue, I have tried it all, reset the device,  reset the app, reinstalling I really don't get it

Also I noticed that on your screenshot it says variant: Samsung UHQA PCM

On mine it says: USB DAC/BT only

I'm sorry for constantly bothering with this, but could you maybe find a solution for me please ?

Also I am on galaxy S9+ Exynos

SM-G965F firmware version G965FXXU2CRLI

Screenshot_20181225-212337_Poweramp.jpg

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

In your case it looks like modified ROM (uhqa is removed from build props - don't ask me why as I don't publish these ROMs :-)

You are on a Pie Beta, you should try upgrading to the official Pie rom thats when Poweramp doesnt detect Samsung UHQA

Also,i never installed a custom rom.

I'm sure other people already pointed this out but more times than not, the new playing bar on the bottom will show a different song that the one that is actually playing.

Sometimes it will fix itself when tapping on it but not always.

Thanks !

48 minutes ago, CypherMK said:

Screenshot_20181226-143435.png

So this music player feeds 192 kHz to the DAC - do you have any information as to what the DAC can process and does output ?

If Poweramp tells us that the device decides , and I understand that to be the DAC, then either Poweramp knows something that the other player doesn't,  or it's the other way round.

Does anybody know that ? Would it be possible to obtain other and/or more information from the DAC than Poweramp does?

Hi, I have latest v2 from Google Play installed rn and I can't wait for the update. I've tried downloading the apk from this thread, but installation fails.

Poweramp-v3-build-814-uni.apk

My device is asus zenfone 2 (Android 6, x86 intel processor). Is there something I'm doing wrong? Will I at least get the update from Google Play eventually?

Any help would be appreciated :)

После обновления до android 9.0 в honor v10 при использовании аудиовыхода OpenSL ES HI-RES выход для проводной гарнитуры при включённом DVC сильно падает громкость. На Android 8 звук усиливался. 

On 12/20/2018 at 10:05 PM, zaq1wsx said:

I've been having this problem as well. I've tried to replicate the issue but haven't had much luck getting it to happen consistently.

What I've noticed is that usually it happens after I leave the songs paused for some time. For exemple, when i'm at work, someone calls me, I pause it, and when I come back to it like 15~20 min latter the song is registered twice, even if I've listen to less than half of the song. There are times where it doesn't duplicate even after long pauses. And then there are times that even without pause it register more than one time, for no reason at all.

this is the only issue i have with PA... thought it was my phone or something else
is hard to explain how it happens to Max, because i can't reproduce this bug everytime i try to ! it just happens lol

hopefully this will get a fix soon or later

On 12/12/2018 at 4:20 AM, Larry's Laundromat said:

Good to see proactivity in Poweramp's development but can't say i'm happy with the departure towards style over function and simplicity.

I appreciated the previous plain jane interfaces which I found to be both intuitive and logical to use.  The track shuttle function, for example, is too unconventional and not even something  adopted by sound editing software currently in the market.

And is there a way to turn off the animations? Eerily feels like MS Excel.

At the end of the day, entertainment is suppose to come from the music, not boom pow visuals and animations. But that's my own engineering philosophy.

I completely agree. I was quite happy with the simplicity of the previous version. Don't guild the lily. Sometimes less is more!

On 12/24/2018 at 11:29 AM, blaubär said:

The queue shuffles, if you don't disable this. Some users wanted it that way, and now we've got the option.

11242018112633.jpg

I always have Ignore Shuffle on (and Start Playing Queue Immediately). But somehow after an update they were switched off again.

But.. I set it up like that again and it still ignores the settings. v3 has been a constant annoyance when it comes to the shuffle and queue functions. 

17 minutes ago, mirel said:

I set it up like that again and it still ignores the settings.

So you habe activated "Ignore Shuffle" and "Start playing queue immmediately", but Poweramp starts the queue after the current song, not immediately, and then shuffles it? Complete un- and re-install and complete rescan don't help ?

On 12/25/2018 at 4:49 PM, blaubär said:

First tell Poweramp where your music folders are : Settings > Library > Music Folders

If necessary do a rescan or a full rescan, both from Settings > Library

Hey Blaubär, thanks you've solved all my issues! Got the previous/next buttons, I was able to exclude all the whatsapp speechthings, and the list is smaller (I could swear I have tried compact more than once...). As for the music not being found I would like to clarify that Im fairly sure it's not a Poweramp issue. If you google for the issue more people have this with several players (which some can resolve by deleting a .nomedia file, but that didnt help me, alas).

Thanks again for making the player great again! 

Archived