Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp Build 814

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, dumahim said:

Getting something similar on HTC 10.  If I skip songs quickly, the progress bar will move a bit but the timer stays at 0 and there's no audio.  Have to pause/play to get it to work again.

Same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build 814:
• translation updates - big thanks to all our Crowdin translators!
• bug fixes and stability improvements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just updated to MIUI 10.1.3.0 with AndroidPie and the audio now stutters when in background. I have no battery optimisation restrictions for Poweramp. This didn't happen before on Oreo. Can you please check this out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no such issue on my miui 10 @ pie devices, you may need to reset your audio output settings to defaults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still having an irritating bug on the search menu.

 

When I press the space-bar the cursor will move forward a space and then go back. Meaning I can't type properly. So searching for a song has become a pain. 

 

Is anyone else having this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fifamaniac said:

I have unexpected stops and music's starting at the middle... 

What PA version, Android version, device, file details, etc?

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mostafa Talaat said:

My queue is always empty in the library

Have to tried adding anything to it (via long-press on a song file)? Otherwise, yes, it will be empty until you choose to use it.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like others - I still get the occasional "judder" in the music - very similar in some ways to the effect I get when gapless fails a very small blip in the sound.  Not enough to perceive as silence, but enough to notice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxmp I have a request can you please add an option to disable (completely disappeared) those buttons. Because it interferes with wave seek bar my touch is not registered properly I have to touch on the edges (very left/ very right) every time to register my touch properly.

I found this dual bar option super useful that's why I only use this but because of the touch issue seeking is not that enjoyable like your default waveseek option.

Thanks for the update 🙏

 

IMG_20181214_165044.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prosenjit said:

I found this dual bar option super useful that's why I only use this but because of the touch issue seeking is not that enjoyable like your default waveseek option.

If you disable Pro Buttons mode you will just get a central play/pause button covering the waveseek bar. Track changes can be done by left/right gesture on the cover artwork. You will lose next/prev list control of course, but that's what you were asking for in the first place. 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

I see multiple people requesting these two things each update on V3 and we're struggling to explain what it is we're missing since the upgrade from V2 to V3. Since I have V2 build 709 on one device and V3 build 813 on another, I took some screen shots for comparison with a small sample library that has the exact same files on both devices. Note I do have the option: "Show Album Artist Tag instead of Artist tag" turned on for V3)

Let me just say first, I think Poweramp is grouping albums perfectly fine.

1. This is Library/Artists/2pac in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Notice in V2 the album artists tags are shown instead of artists tag making it clearly distinguishable what albums are Various Artists or side projects. V3 looks like one artist across the board because you can only see artist tag when viewing albums. Also V3 picks the last song artist name to display under the album that should say "Various Artists". In most instances it makes it look like a soundtrack or compilation is by one artist. This is a major bug for me and others that carries over into multiple categories.
1806770917_v2ScreenshotArtists.thumb.jpg.5195b827ded8062dba7a658ed44f7d24.jpg1656305755_v3ScreenshotArtists.thumb.jpg.b0eab4c9400b1b31da96866575049849.jpg

 

2. This is Library/Genre/Hip Hop in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Same issues as the category before.
177619237_v2ScreenshotGenre.thumb.jpg.d04041c6aa201f130c708e132d20a06e.jpg532583879_v3ScreenshotGenre.thumb.jpg.283891296b24e714c34e69c62a1e1894.jpg

 

3. This is Library/Albums in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Again it has the same issues as the other two categories.
401560275_v2Screenshotalbums.thumb.jpg.ca536e9cc2e9669a1053a36703e8828d.jpg1078333563_v3ScreenshotAlbums.thumb.jpg.bf78972d2d6f55fe1109408e19c80b98.jpg

 

4. Besides being able to clearly see the album artist tag in these three categories above, you could also sort by album artist tag. This is not one I ever used but this is the other feature people are requesting.

662874307_v2ScreenshotSorting.thumb.jpg.27cad3dd1020c9d9212c0c25b7e1873a.jpg

 

The problem with using Album Artists category and Albums by Album Artists category as a substitute is they only work for Various Artists albums. Otherwise if you have your library tagged a little more advanced like some of us do it scatters albums all over the place by breaking apart one artist into many different ones and will be largely separated depending on the size of your library. It also removes artists songs from where they should be. For example some 2pac songs from compilations would no longer be in 2pac, they would now be separated and listed as Various Artists.
785742496_v3ScreenshotAlbumArtists.thumb.jpg.4c189a64141b1405e333fd2cba42e37a.jpg

 

Another problem with Artists category and Genre category is they break the albums into multiple pieces that make it look like you have multiple albums by the same artist by not being able to see that album artist tag. It wouldn't be bothersome if you were able to see that there's a artist difference like V2 shows and not look like a bunch of discrepancies or errors in the app. These being the two most popular categories makes this a problem for a lot of people.

Screenshot_2018-12-13-20-38-24.thumb.jpg.ea2df50f90257b64f910a67f8190b5dc.jpgScreenshot_20181211-180820.jpg.8c29d34038198c99212d73aef1ae2852.thumb.jpg.d60a5619ce46728796e4d2646c219ced.jpg

 

The sorting was probably removed on purpose to hide the Unknown Artist bug. I get that part. But can't the "Show Album Artist tag over Artist tag (If Exists)" apply when viewing albums too? That shouldn't affect grouping or sorting?

 

Wow, thanks a lot for your effort! Yes I was specifically requesting that Sort by Album Artist option, and would like the albums view to show Album Artist, but have the tracks list to show Artist. That's how they're shown in v2.

@maxmp are you able to accommodate this please? Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maxmp said:

There is no such issue on my miui 10 @ pie devices, you may need to reset your audio output settings to defaults.

I just did as you suggested and there's no improvement, unfortunately. Audio stutters and it didn't before. I wish I could downgrade to Oreo but that's not possible.

I have MIUI 10 stable on Pocophone F1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Have to tried adding anything to it (via long-press on a song file)? Otherwise, yes, it will be empty until you choose to use it.

Andre

It worked , i thought the queue shows everything playing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mostafa Talaat said:

It worked , i thought the queue shows everything playing.

No, the queue is simply a way to 'break away' from your normal chosen playback method (albums, folders, artists, all songs, etc) to play a few specific chosen tracks before returning to your normal playback mode afterwards.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anca2604 said:

I just did as you suggested and there's no improvement, unfortunately. Audio stutters and it didn't before. I wish I could downgrade to Oreo but that's not possible.

I have MIUI 10 stable on Pocophone F1. 

So I have reinstalled the app and this seems to have fixed the issue for now. I didn't import the previous settings, so this must have helped, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

I see multiple people requesting these two things each update on V3 and we're struggling to explain what it is we're missing since the upgrade from V2 to V3. Since I have V2 build 709 on one device and V3 build 813 on another, I took some screen shots for comparison with a small sample library that has the exact same files on both devices. Note I do have the option: "Show Album Artist Tag instead of Artist tag" turned on for V3)

Let me just say first, I think Poweramp is grouping albums perfectly fine.

1. This is Library/Artists/2pac in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Notice in V2 the album artists tags are shown instead of artists tag making it clearly distinguishable what albums are Various Artists or side projects. V3 looks like one artist across the board because you can only see artist tag when viewing albums. Also V3 picks the last song artist name to display under the album that should say "Various Artists". In most instances it makes it look like a soundtrack or compilation is by one artist. This is a major bug for me and others that carries over into multiple categories.
1806770917_v2ScreenshotArtists.thumb.jpg.5195b827ded8062dba7a658ed44f7d24.jpg1656305755_v3ScreenshotArtists.thumb.jpg.b0eab4c9400b1b31da96866575049849.jpg

 

2. This is Library/Genre/Hip Hop in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Same issues as the category before.
177619237_v2ScreenshotGenre.thumb.jpg.d04041c6aa201f130c708e132d20a06e.jpg532583879_v3ScreenshotGenre.thumb.jpg.283891296b24e714c34e69c62a1e1894.jpg

 

3. This is Library/Albums in V2 (left) and V3 (right). Again it has the same issues as the other two categories.
401560275_v2Screenshotalbums.thumb.jpg.ca536e9cc2e9669a1053a36703e8828d.jpg1078333563_v3ScreenshotAlbums.thumb.jpg.bf78972d2d6f55fe1109408e19c80b98.jpg

 

4. Besides being able to clearly see the album artist tag in these three categories above, you could also sort by album artist tag. This is not one I ever used but this is the other feature people are requesting.

662874307_v2ScreenshotSorting.thumb.jpg.27cad3dd1020c9d9212c0c25b7e1873a.jpg

 

The problem with using Album Artists category and Albums by Album Artists category as a substitute is they only work for Various Artists albums. Otherwise if you have your library tagged a little more advanced like some of us do it scatters albums all over the place by breaking apart one artist into many different ones and will be largely separated depending on the size of your library. It also removes artists songs from where they should be. For example some 2pac songs from compilations would no longer be in 2pac, they would now be separated and listed as Various Artists.
785742496_v3ScreenshotAlbumArtists.thumb.jpg.4c189a64141b1405e333fd2cba42e37a.jpg

 

Another problem with Artists category and Genre category is they break the albums into multiple pieces that make it look like you have multiple albums by the same artist by not being able to see that album artist tag. It wouldn't be bothersome if you were able to see that there's a artist difference like V2 shows and not look like a bunch of discrepancies or errors in the app. These being the two most popular categories makes this a problem for a lot of people.

Screenshot_2018-12-13-20-38-24.thumb.jpg.ea2df50f90257b64f910a67f8190b5dc.jpgScreenshot_20181211-180820.jpg.8c29d34038198c99212d73aef1ae2852.thumb.jpg.d60a5619ce46728796e4d2646c219ced.jpg

 

The sorting was probably removed on purpose to hide the Unknown Artist bug. I get that part. But can't the "Show Album Artist tag over Artist tag (If Exists)" apply when viewing albums too? That shouldn't affect grouping or sorting?

 

Thanks, man!

 

3 hours ago, tukanglistrik said:

Wow, thanks a lot for your effort! Yes I was specifically requesting that Sort by Album Artist option, and would like the albums view to show Album Artist, but have the tracks list to show Artist. That's how they're shown in v2.

@maxmp are you able to accommodate this please? Many thanks!

We need this! For those of us who use Album Artists category (library), the pain of modifying an Album's tag thru PC by changing the Album Artists into "Various Artists" in order not for the songs to be scattered and consolidate them to one "Album", when it should have been as is - Artists. @maxmp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi maxmp

I can only choose between OpenSL ES Output and Audiotrack Output. Where is the hi res output?

 

I also have a feature request. Maybe it is already possible but I don't see it.

Would it be possible to add an option, when the queue list has finished, the songs get removed from that list? 

And is it possible, when I shuffle all my songs, to see the whole playlist in the shuffled order they are going to be played with? And also be able to rearrange them if needed.

Thank you.

 

Oh yeah, I have a pixel 2 XL with a Hidizs sonata HD DAC cable II

Screenshot_20181208-215154.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tukanglistrik said:

Wow, thanks a lot for your effort! Yes I was specifically requesting that Sort by Album Artist option, and would like the albums view to show Album Artist, but have the tracks list to show Artist. That's how they're shown in v2.

@maxmp are you able to accommodate this please? Many thanks!

Switching back to artist tag for the track list was one of the things I didn't care for in V2 but I can see why that is important if you have a compilation album with a Various Artists type tag. I actually really like having the option @maxmp added to V3, being able to see Album Artist tag instead of artist tag when viewing songs because I mostly use album artist tag to view multiple bands grouped by one artist tag. I like that I can see that tag when playing music and looking through playlists.

I think the way we all win is if maxmp leaves that option he added alone and then either made it a standard like V2 to see Album artist tag when viewing albums or added it as an additional option. Maybe he can do a "If Exists". From the responses I've seen, I'm not sure the sorting option is an easy change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think when you increase the buffer to 100ms in the direct hd output it improves the voice in the songs. Is realy?

Screenshot_20181214-201227.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NetoPinheiro said:

I've just updated from 813, and even after a clean install the same problem, the sound is crackling, nothing strong but with good years... :$

 

Funny my sound on my laptop started crackling when watching shows on Netflix or Youtube or MSNBC and then i get on my tablet to play something, I think it was on Poweramp and it did the same thing.  I was like what the heck.   I think a Chrome Browser update for the computer must have did something.   It followed me to my tablet.  I haven't noticed Poweramp doing that on my phone and i had music playing a lot today.   But the bug where the music quits putting out sound happened again on my phone and my tablet.   Yesterday i was playing nature sounds on my tablet and then when i woke up it showed it was playing but there was no sound.   Today i was listening to music on my phone and when it changed songs the sound went off.   The progress bar was still moving.   time was still ticking.   I had to turn off my bluetooth speaker and back on again.   This bug has been around for several versions.   I can't believe there's so many bugs on V3.   Was V2 this bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Absinthequ thanks for detailed request. Note that this is not a "bug" in Poweramp v3 - it was intended to show artist everywhere and album artist in appropriate category.
(Actually there is a related bug in build 70x alphas (while it displays album artist tag, it won't properly sort by it, or add to queue/playlists with proper sorting, etc.)).

I extended Album Artist Label option to Albums as well, including sorting "by artist" everywhere - this is in the next build 815 (PM me if you want to test it a bit earlier).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Absinthequ thanks for detailed request. Note that this is not a "bug" in Poweramp v3 - it was intended to show artist everywhere and album artist in appropriate category.
(Actually there is a related bug in build 70x alphas (while it displays album artist tag, it won't properly sort by it, or add to queue/playlists with proper sorting, etc.)).

I extended Album Artist Label option to Albums as well, including sorting "by artist" everywhere - this is in the next build 815 (PM me if you want to test it a bit earlier).

Woohoo...thanks @maxmp for adding this (finally)! And thanks @Absinthequ for your detailed screenshots too. Can't wait to see the next build! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×