Scrobbling problems

Zelda7

Hi !

My Poweramp has been updated to V3, doesn't seem very good (I hate the skins/interface) but I guess I'll get used to it.

However, something really bothers me: with this new version, the scrobbling with lastfm seem to SUCK a lot. I activated it as usual, using the lastfm app, but hell, it almost doesn't scrobble anything, sometimes I see the lastfm icon on top screen saying the song will be scrobbled, but it just disappears on the next songs. Listened to an album just now and just one track out of 10 have been scrobbled.

This is awful, did anyone has the same problem with the new version ?

I've been experiencing this recently, but with the previous version of Poweramp as well. Most of the time I'll see the last.fm symbol appear briefly in my status bar then disappear, sometimes (rarely) it will persist for the song's duration and I'll get a successful scrobble.

I suspect the problem is something to do with the Last.fm app, as I've seen the same problem scrobbling from Spotify playback as well. Spotify will also scrobble on its own, so I should see double scrobbles - I only get one per track though, and zero when I turn off Spotify's scrobbling feature.

I get pretty much 100% scrobble coverage from the Simple Last.fm Scrobbler app though - have you tried that one?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the same problems as well. To me the ability to scrobble properly is the priority #1 of a music player after it actually manages to play the files. Missed tracks, no scrobbling, every other track skips, wrong now playing info. Nothing is working consistently. Official LastFM scrobbler, Scroball, Simple LastFM all fail in a way or another to the point of utter frustration.

However I managed to solve all my problems by reverting back to the V2 legacy version of Poweramp as its not broken when using Simple LastFM scrobbler and I've had zero issues since. Too bad I can't enjoy the pretty new UI but I'll take actual functionality over UI any day of the week.

• 2 weeks later...

After much trial and error i found this forum.
Had the same problem, 1 or 2 tracks per album were scrobbled. I thought it was my new phone.
Uninstalled v3 and installed latest v2 and everything is scrobbling again.

Too bad this issue isn't solved yet, but at least there's a work-around.

I am getting multiple scrobbles of the last song I played. Right now I am looking at my scrobbles and one song for example is listed 13 times within a time span of 14 hours. I noticed this after using version 3 for a while, so now my scrobbling history is a mess. I'm using Simple Last.fm Scrobbler. From what I can tell, this started happening on 17th December 2018.

29 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Most people find it best to turn all Scrobbling features in Poweramp off and leave it to the LastFM app to detect and log playback.

Andre

I'll have to give that a go, thanks. I downgraded to v2, and that seemed to solve the scrobbling problem, but I really like v3. The LastFM app seemed kind of bulky to me so I've preferred Simple Last.fm Scrobbler.

Archived