Request: Please allow custom playlist covers

chongbcoolin

Currently the 1st available playlist track with embedded album art is selected, otherwise some track is selected and album art search is initiated based on tags. I'm adding a minor change here so "some track " will be the exactly 1st track in a playlist.

19 hours ago, maxmp said:

Currently the 1st available playlist track with embedded album art is selected, otherwise some track is selected and album art search is initiated based on tags. I'm adding a minor change here so "some track " will be the exactly 1st track in a playlist.

Ok. I understand the embedding part. Can you elaborate on the minor change you're adding?

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Perhaps playlists could also look for a <same_name_as_playlist>.jpg file (in the same folder as the playlist) and if found use that as artwork for the playlist? 

Andre

That could work too. I figured there could be a way of applying the Album Art options to the Playlist. By that I mean the option to auto search the internet for an image or choose one from your gallery could work the same for the playlists.

There are plans to add image selection for playlists (like it's possible e.g. for Artists).
Currently there is no UI for selecting album art from one of existing tracks in the list (current UI searches in the internet, but we can't search by playlist name).

• 3 months later...

I second the motion for {playlistName}.jpg.  Since this is inside the '/playlist' folder, there's little chance of collision.

Further, we could also "invent" directives to override.  In M3U, #EXTIMG could point to the playlist image.  For WPL, <image>xxxxx.jpg</image> could do the same.

Archived