Poweramp Build 812

maxmp

18 hours ago, komiromibu30 said:

I'll have to see if i can change the way i move threw a song back to the bar. I like clicking the middle of the song bar to skip to the middle on some songs. The new look has you pull sideways to move along the song.

The thumbs up or down doesn't make you feel like you have to really think about how much you like it. You just do or don't. 

1) It's optional, enable "Static Seekbar" in the Settings > Look and Feel > Skins section if you prefer the old full-width seeking method. Some third-party skins even support both modes being available on the same screen, giving you the best of both worlds.

2) Some people have commented that a Thumbs system is a bit pointless in an app where can only access local songs that you have chosen to manually install. Why would you bother keeping any song on your device that you think is a "thumbs down" item? It makes lots of sense where you are being presented with random external music (streaming services, spotify, etc) but not so much on your own music collection where a "good > better > best" system is more appropriate than a "good / bad" one. Anyway, it's optional, so you can use it either way. 

Andre

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/7/2018 at 3:45 AM, maxmp said:

@AllCoreListener per track presets can be mass assigned to current played (sub)category songs, e.g. album, folder, playlist, etc. (Though assignment is still per actual song file, not per caregory or playlist entry - preset will be applied for the song no matter what category it played later from.)

As for playlists, Poweramp can see its exported playlists provided that their parent folder is in selected Music Folders (and playlist songs are within such folders too).

Oh okay, thanks!

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

1) It's optional, enable "Static Seekbar" in the Settings > Look and Feel > Skins section if you prefer the old full-width seeking method. Some third-party skins even support both modes being available on the same screen, giving you the best of both worlds.

2) Some people have commented that a Thumbs system is a bit pointless in an app where can only access local songs that you have chosen to manually install. Why would you bother keeping any song on your device that you think is a "thumbs down" item? It makes lots of sense where you are being presented with random external music (streaming services, spotify, etc) but not so much on your own music collection where a "good > better > best" system is more appropriate than a "good / bad" one. Anyway, it's optional, so you can use it either way. 

Andre

For me just skipping a bad song is skipping a bad song and just as easy. I listen to mostly just going to all songs and tapping shuffle, and if I hear a bad song, then just skip it. Not hard. Do not need any rating for it.

Poweramp v3 just landed on my phone - loving the updates for the most part, but I have one question. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the wave bar? I preferred the old linear progress bar in v2 and find the wave bar a bit distracting, especially as I have the pro buttons turned on so that I can quickly change category (something I do a lot) so they cover most of the wave bar.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Paul Heasman said:

A minor bug that I've noticed on the last two releases is that after the last song in a folder/list has finished, about half a second of the beginning of the last track will play instead of completely stopping.

Yes, this happens quite often. The last track starts again, the wavebar moves a bit hither and thither, the time displayed typically stays zero, visualization doesn't show anything. After some seconds it stops. Or it keeps playing. 🙂

13 hours ago, blaubär said:

Ok, thank you, got it.

You say you are on the android pie one UI beta test with your S9+ - is there anybody here who uses an s9+ and is not on this beta test ? Does high res work there ?

It would seem that Samsung hasn't yet implemented its UHQA ( ultra high quality audio ) for the pie beta test.

Can you look into the smartphone settings whether there is an UHQ upscaler option ?

119201881114.jpg

It is present but non clickable 

Screenshot_20181209-213510_SoundAlive.jpg

Hi

I'm kinda new to this, so I was hoping someone here could answer a couple of questions. 

1. What is float32 sample format, and should I use it?

2. What function does DVC really have, and do I need it?

I have a Galaxy s9+. I have so far set audio up with hi-res, no dithering and no equ/tone. All files are loseless FLAC.

Tnx for any advice.

6 hours ago, returnofthem said:

Poweramp v3 just landed on my phone - loving the updates for the most part, but I have one question. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the wave bar? I preferred the old linear progress bar in v2 and find the wave bar a bit distracting, especially as I have the pro buttons turned on so that I can quickly change category (something I do a lot) so they cover most of the wave bar.

Thanks!

It's a skinnable element. You can get the functionality back simply by enabling  "Static Seekbar" in Settings > Look and Feel > Skin, but the original 'thin-bar' look currently needs a third-party skin, such as:

Andre

10 hours ago, Mvensjip said:

It is present but non clickable 

So UHQ doesn't work ( I presume you had your headphones connected ) .

It seems that high res output via wired headphones goes that way on Samsung, so that would explain why it doesn't work.

1182018142458.jpg.ea80e0cda383bd2c7c8f808af7d9588f.jpg

19 hours ago, Paul Heasman said:

A minor bug that I've noticed on the last two releases is that after the last song in a folder/list has finished, about half a second of the beginning of the last track will play instead of completely stopping.

I've also experienced this. In case it helps I have normal output on and HiRes output off.

Firstly, thank you @maxmp for bring Poweramp back from the dead, very nice surprise to see and loving the refreshed UI.

I have one slight niggle though, I am finding the corner rounding-off on the album art to be a little bit too aggressive making some art look a bit weird, would it be possible to add an option to turn this off or reduce the effect?

Thanks! 

58 minutes ago, mikeziggy said:

I have one slight niggle though, I am finding the corner rounding-off on the album art to be a little bit too aggressive making some art look a bit weird, would it be possible to add an option to turn this off or reduce the effect?

This is already supported via skins, such as

Andre

3 hours ago, kunal6545 said:

My unlocked can't verify license after last update can anyone help

Try an uninstall of the app and unlocker, then put them back one by one. If that does not work (and you have checked the FAQs too) please contact poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com with your details.

Andre

Hey Devs,

The v3 of the player is as awesome as it gets so far! Use the player every day. However, since a couple of updates ago the "first-letter-selection" option (right side of the screen) is only available if scrolling through playlists/folders and it is not there on the Now Playing screen. Is this a bug or did you do that intentionally? I really liked the ability to quickly scroll to my desired song in the Now Playing screen using the first letter of the artist/song. 

Thanks in advance.

Paul

1 hour ago, Paskolinis said:

I really liked the ability to quickly scroll to my desired song in the Now Playing screen using the first letter of the artist/song. 

Erm, there is no "Now Playing" list screen and never has been, what screen are you referring to?

Andre

Archived