Poweramp Build 812

maxmp

8 hours ago, lightspectra said:

Just upgraded to v3, just one question: is there a way to go immediately to my music folder when I press the library button on the bottom left? This is what I get in the attached picture, but I want to automatically go into that "Music" folder without having to tap it.

Screenshot_20181207-100740_Poweramp.jpg

Settings/Library/Music Folders/  and you have to uncheck "music" folder, but checkmark every sub folder inside of it. This will make it so you don't have to click the "music" folder, but then you have to go back each time you add or rename a folder in this directory and manually checkmark them or they won't show up. However if you add or rename subfolders inside of folders you already have checkmarked they will automatically show up.

Then go to Settings/Library/Lists/Library List Options/    and long press Folders Hierarchy. This will take you directly there with one click of that bottom left button.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@maxmp

I just tested OPUS + CUE files again, the timing is still off on these. The tracks basically start a bit too late. Also, the waveform display looks very different compared to AAC or lossless. You might add it to your to-do list. If you need test files let me know.

5 hours ago, rsdpn said:

Disconnecting the headset while music is playing is a very common use case. It also sometimes happens accidentally. This is why most apps auto-pause the audio when this happens. However, just about any Android music player I've used handles this by keeping a notification going, so that playback can be quickly resumed once the headset is reconnected. Only Poweramp doesn't do this.

Not entirely true.  As soon as "other" players pause (at least Google Play Music), they replace foreground notification to usual one (this can be verified  via swiping notification away, only normal, non foreground notification can be swiped away).

As soon as they replace notification, they are eligible to task killing the same way any other background process is, so they may play on headset insertion by same chance Poweramp has (Android 8+ usually gives 1 minute for such processes). Only "foreground" non-swipeable notification keeps background service around on modern Androids.

Nevertheless, I will add support for this use case - keeping foreground notification with the foreground notification.

1 hour ago, djdarko said:

@maxmp

I just tested OPUS + CUE files again, the timing is still off on these. The tracks basically start a bit too late. Also, the waveform display looks very different compared to AAC or lossless. You might add it to your to-do list. If you need test files let me know.

I need exactly those opus + cue for testing - can I have those please?

4 hours ago, Mvensjip said:

I am reposting, not trying to be annoying just hoping for am answer

Could you repeat what exactly the problem is ? From your original post I surmise it might be an unexpected low sampling rate ? What do the settings for the high res device show ? Did you select a sampling rate there ?

118201895810.jpg

12 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

Settings/Library/Music Folders/  and you have to uncheck "music" folder, but checkmark every sub folder inside of it. This will make it so you don't have to click the "music" folder, but then you have to go back each time you add or rename a folder in this directory and manually checkmark them or they won't show up. However if you add or rename subfolders inside of folders you already have checkmarked they will automatically show up.

This solves one problem I have with Folder Hierarchy, thanks!

However I still have another problem with Folder Hierarchy. I have my albums as individual folders and so prefer to have them shown as Grid (2 albums per row). However after I open the album, the songs are also shown as Grid too. When I change that to List - Compact view, the albums view also changes to compact view too. Do you know if there's a way to get around this? This doesn't happen in Folder view.

Back to Gapless - I did what I did on the last release, and got the same, initial, results - perfect playback on music I've not played in a while.  But occasionally a small glitch.  I'l know more when I;m back at work and listening to it all day

7 hours ago, blaubär said:

Could you repeat what exactly the problem is ? From your original post I surmise it might be an unexpected low sampling rate ? What do the settings for the high res device show ? Did you select a sampling rate there ?

118201895810.jpg

Hi,

The problem is when I open "OpenSL ES Hi-Res Output" I don't have the "wired Headset/AUX" tab, it disappeared so I can't change those settings but none of the other options are enabled for wired playback, this is the best way I can explain it

So it makes me think the Hi-Res output might be broken on the S9+ with android pie rom

21 minutes ago, eserim said:

Back to Gapless - I did what I did on the last release, and got the same, initial, results - perfect playback on music I've not played in a while.  But occasionally a small glitch.  I'l know more when I;m back at work and listening to it all day

Same here, although it got slightly better for me in this release somehow. It's still an issue that pops up in about 40% of the song transitions now. Used to be around 80% for me

Awesome new update. The whole look and feel of Poweramp changed. Messing with the visualizations now.  Thank you for the great update all! I'll have to see if i can change the way i move threw a song back to the bar. I like clicking the middle of the song bar to skip to the middle on some songs. The new look has you pull sideways to move along the song. The thumbs up icon is a better way of selecting songs you like in my opinion then the 5 stars. Stars seem more like rating which ones you like better then others you like. Like a rating system for your music you can set up. The thumbs up or down doesn't make you feel like you have to really think about how much you like it. You just do or don't. 

2 hours ago, blaubär said:

Could you give us a screenshot?

1182018142458.jpg

IMG_20181201_170341.thumb.jpg.210b5dfe76a3473a375357fbc100f5e6.jpgI am currently on the android Pie one UI beta for the S9+

Poweramp has always worked very fine for me but I've encountered this weird issue, it looks like Hi Res audio is broken but in player menu it says playing in Hi-Res

9 minutes ago, Mvensjip said:

IMG_20181201_170341.thumb.jpg.210b5dfe76a3473a375357fbc100f5e6.jpgI am currently on the android Pie one UI beta for the S9+

Poweramp has always worked very fine for me but I've encountered this weird issue, it looks like Hi Res audio is broken but in player menu it says playing in Hi-Res

What I meant was : could you show us with a screenshot that  the wired headset tab in the high res settings has vanished.

You said some time ago that you couldn't see it.

6 hours ago, tukanglistrik said:

This solves one problem I have with Folder Hierarchy, thanks!

However I still have another problem with Folder Hierarchy. I have my albums as individual folders and so prefer to have them shown as Grid (2 albums per row). However after I open the album, the songs are also shown as Grid too. When I change that to List - Compact view, the albums view also changes to compact view too. Do you know if there's a way to get around this? This doesn't happen in Folder view.

I don't know if there is a way. Might need to be a feature request.

4 hours ago, blaubär said:

What I meant was : could you show us with a screenshot that  the wired headset tab in the high res settings has vanished.

You said some time ago that you couldn't see it.

I actually did that but I guess the image is too small as I've put multiple screenshots in it.

Here you have a larger shot

Screenshot_20181208-213141_Poweramp.jpg

Hi maxmp

I can only choose between OpenSL ES Output and Audiotrack Output. Where is the hi res output?

I also have a feature request. Maybe it is already possible but I don't see it.

Would it be possible to add an option, when the queue list has finished, the songs get removed from that list? 

And is it possible, when I shuffle all my songs, to see the whole playlist in the shuffled order they are going to be played with? And also be able to rearrange them if needed.

Thank you.

Oh yeah, I have a pixel 2 XL with a Hidizs sonata HD DAC cable II

Screenshot_20181208-215154.png

10 hours ago, Mvensjip said:

I actually did that but I guess the image is too small as I've put multiple screenshots in it.

Here you have a larger shot

Screenshot_20181208-213141_Poweramp.jpg

Ok, thank you, got it.

You say you are on the android pie one UI beta test with your S9+ - is there anybody here who uses an s9+ and is not on this beta test ? Does high res work there ?

It would seem that Samsung hasn't yet implemented its UHQA ( ultra high quality audio ) for the pie beta test.

Can you look into the smartphone settings whether there is an UHQ upscaler option ?

119201881114.jpg

Archived