Poweramp Build 812

maxmp

6 hours ago, luce said:

Dear Max,

thank you for improving the app again and again!

I’ve got a question concerning the alternative layout: I understand that more space is needed for the additional two lines below the cover art so that the album cover has to be smaller than in the normal layout.

Though what I don’t understand is why the button bar (with visualization, sleep timer, repeat and shuffle options) is not in the same position as in the normal layout. It is further up on the screen, leaving unused space below.

To me it would make sense to leave the lower part of the player interface (”settings sector“ including button bar, wavebar and navbar) as compact as in the normal layout and linked to the bottom edge of the screen so that there is more space left for the ”title sector“ (including album art, album title & song title) linked to the top edge.

This would look much better on 16:9 screens while also working well for 18:9 ones.

Best regards,

Lucas

CollageMaker_20181127_224945211.jpg

+1 been thinking the same

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, djdarko said:

Strange, the PlayStore and the app "about" section both say v3-build-812-play here.

Wait, you're looking at the Unlocker which was updated today (strange date though). Also, interesting to note that the Unlocker now has a beta test?

Doh, rookie mistake, I guess I'm still new here... ;)

The main app is still showing as 588 / 7 April 2016 on my phone (6.0.1 ROM) but I see "Varies with device" in my Google Play account on my PC (latest date 6 Dec 2018, so it must be 812)

Andre

@maxmp you're a God! Well, almost 😁Not sure what you did and I still think it's too good to be true since your change log doesn't mention anything on this topic, but right now... I'm listening to gapless playback on build 812 on most of the track transitions. It's still not perfect. Every now and then a slight gap is noticeable, but most of the time it pays fine.

@eserim @Kingog can you confirm this?

If this somehow changes with time, I'll let you know and maybe this info will only be useful for further development, but right now... Couldn't be happier with this update. Hope you find a way to fine tune it to perfect gapless playback. Thnx Max!

@AllCoreListener per track presets can be mass assigned to current played (sub)category songs, e.g. album, folder, playlist, etc. (Though assignment is still per actual song file, not per caregory or playlist entry - preset will be applied for the song no matter what category it played later from.)

As for playlists, Poweramp can see its exported playlists provided that their parent folder is in selected Music Folders (and playlist songs are within such folders too).

48 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@luce you have unusual layout, I guess your device lies about its sw dp screen sizes (tweaked/tuned somehow), or otherwise has unusual dp dimension, so wrong layout is picked by player.

I guess 1080x1920 is a usual dp dimension (correct me if I’m wrong), nor is my device tweaked or tuned.

It seems it is actually lying... 😭

Is there any way to check this?

Screenshot_20181207-122322.png

You need to be specific about your device, android/rom, display scaling/dpi/sw dp values (if non default), as I test on hundred+ of devices, at least 10 huaweis included - stock ROMs no tweaks, so Poweramp is tuned for these.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

You need to be specific about your device, android/rom, display scaling/dpi/sw dp values (if non default), as I test on hundred+ of devices, at least 10 huaweis included - stock ROMs no tweaks, so Poweramp is tuned for these.

I have a Huawei Mate 9,

Stock operating system: Android 7.0, EMUI 5.0 (see screenshot)

Using default dp values, no scaling

”Energy saving through reduced screen resolution“ turned off

So the phone is as you get it from stock in cental Europe, not rooted, no changes, no tweaks.

Is one of your 10 tested Huaweis a Mate 9? If so, which Android/EMUI Version does it use? Could the problem be solved by updating the Android/EMUI Version?

Regards,

Lucas

CollageMaker_20181207_162044476~01.jpg

44 minutes ago, luce said:

*screenshot*

hey Lucas, i hope this does not come over as rude, but i'd recommend blacking out your imei nr. in screenshots published online as this number is unique to your device.

best,

Bin

24 minutes ago, Bin said:

hey Lucas, i hope this does not come over as rude, but i'd recommend blacking out your imei nr. in screenshots published online as this number is unique to your device.

best,

Bin

Hey Bin, 

this was not rude at all :) thank you!

(Changed)...

Best,

Lucas

42 minutes ago, lightspectra said:

Just upgraded to v3, just one question: is there a way to go immediately to my music folder when I press the library button on the bottom left? This is what I get in the attached picture, but I want to automatically go into that "Music" folder without having to tap it.

Screenshot_20181207-100740_Poweramp.jpg

+1 as a feature request. V2 has this option.

@rsdpn When Poweramp is paused, it removes itself from foreground and that removes notification. This is by design, not sure why you think this is some kind of issue.
As for always keep notification option, while it generally works, it doesn't work for case when output is changed - let me add possible support for this scenario in TODO list.

11 minutes ago, Rabangus said:

I know I'm going to be mocked for this, and probably rightly so, but where on earth do you set per track equaliser? I'm in build 812 and have spent about 20mins looking everywhere...

Quite a bit of steps but I hope you'll figure out with the screenshot below.

Screenshot_20181208-031401.jpg

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

@rsdpn When Poweramp is paused, it removes itself from foreground and that removes notification. This is by design, not sure why you think this is some kind of issue.
As for always keep notification option, while it generally works, it doesn't work for case when output is changed - let me add possible support for this scenario in TODO list.

Disconnecting the headset while music is playing is a very common use case. It also sometimes happens accidentally. This is why most apps auto-pause the audio when this happens. However, just about any Android music player I've used handles this by keeping a notification going, so that playback can be quickly resumed once the headset is reconnected. Only Poweramp doesn't do this.

Ok, now that the star rating system and per song assignable eq presets are back, I have made the upgrade from 709 to 812 and I AM STUNNED!  A truly magnificent product.  Everything I do with PA works great. Even the "New Playlist Manager" app star rating backup and restore function works perfectly.  All of my assigned per song eq presets flowed perfectly. The only thing I would like to see down the road is to place the song artist/album information anywhere but on the album cover. 

Max: just incredible! Thanks!

Edit: I just found the alt view on the album info - nice!

I haven't been able to use this enough, as I have just surprisingly stumbled upon the v3 release through the liscense update, that had it mentioned. And so far a good surprise, new design looks neat, there are just a few touches that need to be done imo, to perfect it.

I also find the Trackname placement suboptimal, with the option it is better, but having it somehow with full cover would be nicer. The play buttons imo also need an update as they don't go seamless with the rest of the design, the pro option looks even like a copy of the old v2.

Other than that, I am still testing, but I also liked that quite a few things got better organized like the settings, menu, etc. with no loss of functionality.

Archived