Poweramp

I feel a little singled out, I'm using a Chromebook but despite my beta tester status it still downloads good ol' 2.0 from the Play Store.

There won't be an Intel build of v3 as Intel have stopped supporting mobile platforms. You should be able to install the latest version from the website though, which should work on all current devices.

Andre

Ok, but Chromebooks?  Are we just going to forget about them?

The website version still won't work on my Chromebook if there isn't going to be an Intel build...

Poweramp v3 (arm) works just fine on intel (Android  5.0+) devices (via emulation which is very good).

As for Chromebook - never tested - does it install at all? 

I get 2.0 from the play store, have yet to try downloading it from the website, but I'll try that now.  I'll quote you.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp v3 (arm) works just fine on intel (Android  5.0+) devices (via emulation which is very good).

As for Chromebook - never tested - does it install at all? 

Welp,  just realized I don't have access to developer mode on my Chromebook and I need that to sideload apps.  Anyway, perhaps it just needs to be marked as compatible or something?  I am fairly certain that this emulation is available on Chromebooks just as it is on phones...

When I install from the Play Store it installs and runs fine but it's like, v2.0.

The Play Store has some criteria that triggers whether v3 or v2 should be served to any particular device and/or ROM version. To bypass that, you'd need to be able to install the APK file from the Downloads tab at the top of the page here.

Andre