Automatic position marker albumbs

volker_l

I would like to have a position marker functionality I would like to use for long albums like audio books.

Let's assume that I am just in the middle of an audio book, let's say it is in the middle of track 33. Now, I want to make a break from listening to that audio book and I start listening a different album instead. 

Next time, when I want to proceed with the audio book, I don't want to search the position at which I stopped earlier. Instead, I would like that Poweramp automatically jumps to the earlier position in track 33. 

Please enhance Poweramp by a functionality which stores the position for each album.

I would also like to have a button which allows the user to reset this position marker.

4 hours ago, volker_l said:

I would like to have a position marker functionality I would like to use for long albums like audio books.

What, you mean like Settings > Library > Store/Restore Per Track Progress ? :)

The track duration for it to be activated is adjustable using the control below the toggle switch. If you can't see it, make sure you are on the latest PA update (currently build 811).

Andre

H

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

What, you mean like Settings > Library > Store/Restore Per Track Progress ? :)

The track duration for it to be activated is adjustable using the control below the toggle switch. If you can't see it, make sure you are on the latest PA update (currently build 811).

Andre

Hello Andre,

thank you for your response. I am aware of this functionality and it works as long as you don't change the album.  But what I am missing is that Poweramp should remember the position of a track and not forget it even when you listen to a different track in between. 

As of now, Poweramp forgets the track position as soon as you switch to a different track.

Regards,

Volker.

4 minutes ago, volker_l said:

thank you for your response. I am aware of this functionality and it works as long as you don't change the album.olker.

No, it is a fairly new feature and it stores the playback position for longer tracks permanently in the database, you can return to them days or weeks later after playing other stuff in the meantime or even rebooting your device. Try it.

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, it is a fairly new feature and it stores the playback position for longer tracks permanently in the database, you can return to them days or weeks later after playing other stuff in the meantime or even rebooting your device. Try it.

Andre

Hi Andre, I've tried it again. It works for tracks, but not for albums. I stopped in the middle of track 25 from my album, then jumped to a different album and played some tracks. I went back to my first album, but Poweramp id not automatically jump to track 25, instead it started again with track 1. I navigated manually to track 25. Here, Poweramp remembered last position.

So this recognition of position works per track but not per album.

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, correct, it is designed to help with audiobooks/podcasts/radioshows/etc (basically any track over your pre-defined length anyway).

Andre

Andre, as I wrote, it works for individual tracks of an album but not for the entire album. One has to remember the track number within the album where he/she has stopped playing last time. An album contains of more than one track. Poweramp remembers the position per track, but not per album.  Current poweramps's functionalities don't include yet what I suggested.

Or do I really oversee any other setting and the functionality is already there ?

Regards,

Volker.

Archived