Can't scan music folder. Empty library. Folder size limit.

Destrukt127

I figured out, that beyond a certain folder size, Poweramp cannot detect the music files. Resulting in incomplete library, with many songs missing. (The Search function was malfunctioning too.) The maximum folder size seems to be somewher between 17GB and 41GB.

I had this problem with a 41GB music folder on SD memory card. In the 41GB folder, the files were organized in subfolders by artist. So the subfolders were not so big, but still caused problem. I managed to solve all problems, when i split this big folder into 3 smaller folders, and put them into the root directory of the SD card.

Finding a solution took me a year. I didn't know what causes the problem. I thought the app is buggy, and i waited for a fix. I was ready to ditch the app. If the issue was really caused by too big folder size, it would be useful to get a warning message in the app, when users are trying to add an oversized folder.

My top level music folder is currently 35GB, and I've had it larger with no issues. Some people have 128GB or even larger SD Cards I believe. Obviously no individual subfolder contains too much though (the largest single folder I have is for individual Singles, and it contains 700+ songs / around 4GB) 

Andre

Archived