Hi Res - Other Output Device

AndewJ

Hi. Currently trialling beta 810, with stock Note 9 exynos. Looking for a full featured app with hi res output for flac 24/96 files.

Works perfectly for wired headphones, and app is ideal

My main use for playback is when phone is docked- sound is passed though hdmi to a stereo receiver (basically usb c to hdmi cable). Phone uses the standard Open SL ES Output when connected and reports 16/48 playback (it shows 'Other Ouput Devices' being used.

Is there a way to play through Open SL ES Hi Res Output. There is no option within this for Other Output Devices. I have this working in a couple of other apps but they lack the richness of Poweramp functionality 

Thanks

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

Hdmi is usually limited to 48khz. If this is usb dac, then build 811 better recognizes such DACs and updating to 811 may help.

Hi,  If I have Neutron or UAPP, when I put the phone on the dock, the apps recognise the usb device and switch over to Hi Res output. There doesn't seem to be a recognition  of the USB in this case and Poweramp stays with 16/48 output. I retested with build 811 but no success. I checked to make sure the usb wasn't being controlled/used by another app (neutron/uapp). 

Thanks

Archived