Poweramp Build 811

maxmp

5 minutes ago, picturepatil said:

Amazing Update
Please try to develop a UI where the Song Name, Artist Name & Album Name are mentioned in separate lines n not like the current one having Artist Name & Album Name in a single line separated by a " - "
Sample image

73c6610efaa0879a89b1bc181e8aafae.png

Your proposition is good, but he would need to change the labeling in the overall UI design, as they are meant to transition from screen to screen. Also, having 3 lines across the artwork would obscure it even more than it is now. I still think that a fade in/out of the titles would remedy that, assuming fading is even technically possible.

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15358-title-fading/

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, 

thanks for this great version. It may be my listening bias, but since this version I think that the sound is a little bit smoother and less grainy that I perceived with the some of previous versions.

I use Sox, 95.4 (or 90.5 passband), modified-e-weighted dither, standard 16/48 headphone output on Moto G5S (Android 7.1.1)

Well, I am a little bummed that I can't use Hi Res without blowing my bluetooth headphones. Here is the bug with it.

I have an s7 edge snapdragon with android 8.0 oreo. I set bluetooth to Hi Res output, and if I pause via bluetooth headphones, and then as soon as I hit the main function button to play music again, then BOOOOOOOOOOM 100% volume from lower volume, and about to kill my ears and headphones. Turning DVC off does the same damn thing. So I am never ever using Hi Res again for that reason until it is actually fixed. Damn if I am buying new headphones because of that.

Otherwise, thanks Max, and love the app.

1 hour ago, AllCoreListener said:

Well, I am a little bummed that I can't use Hi Res without blowing my bluetooth headphones.

No idea about the volume booming problem, but maybe I'm out of the loop, but doesn't using Bluetooth degrade the audio signal? I would think it would defeat the purpose of using high res or lossless audio at all.

1 hour ago, AllCoreListener said:

Otherwise, thanks Max, and love the app.

Glad to see you are satisfied with the app at this point, it is pretty bad ass afterall.

1 hour ago, djdarko said:

No idea about the volume booming problem, but maybe I'm out of the loop, but doesn't using Bluetooth degrade the audio signal? I would think it would defeat the purpose of using high res or lossless audio at all.

Glad to see you are satisfied with the app at this point, it is pretty bad ass afterall.

As long as it sounds better to me, then that is all that matters for bluetooth with apt-x. Kind of pointless, to use apt-x and and it does up to 24/48khz..

26 minutes ago, AllCoreListener said:

As long as it sounds better to me, then that is all that matters for bluetooth with apt-x. Kind of pointless, to use apt-x and and it does up to 24/48khz..

True, I think that apt-x is supposed to be closer to lossless than normal older bluetooth. I've been meaning to do a recording test with my high res sampler to check exactly how bluetooth affects the frequencies, I've been too lazy to actually do it though.

- Minor problems in Power-amp 811 builds.
Thank you, Max.
1. Poweramp can not be switched by clicking widget.
(Button operation is not abnormal.)
2. Do not perform hi-res operation occasionally.
At this time, if the application is forcibly terminated and then executed, it operates as 16-> 24bit.
3. When playing YouTube or playing a video on a web page
Your music will not stop, but your app will die.

- 811빌드에서 사소한문제.
맥스 항상 감사드립니다.
1. 위젯을 클릭하여도 파워앰프 전환이 안됨.
(버튼 동작은 이상 없습니다.)
2. 가끔씩 hi-res 동작을 안합니다.
이 때 앱을 강제 종료 후 실행하면 16->24bit로 동작합니다.
3. 유튜브재생을 하거나 웹페이지에서 동영상이 재생되는 경우
음악이 멈추는 것이 아니라 앱이 죽어버립니다.

===============

Xiaomi mi mix // android 7.0 // Snapdragon 821 // Buzz launcher

translate. google.

2 hours ago, djdarko said:

True, I think that apt-x is supposed to be closer to lossless than normal older bluetooth. I've been meaning to do a recording test with my high res sampler to check exactly how bluetooth affects the frequencies, I've been too lazy to actually do it though.

When I turn on my bluetooth and hi res with Poweramp it actually says apt-x and at 24/96 through Poweramp. So the headphones I use go higher than what qualcomm says.

17 hours ago, djdarko said:

Your proposition is good, but he would need to change the labeling in the overall UI design, as they are meant to transition from screen to screen. Also, having 3 lines across the artwork would obscure it even more than it is now. I still think that a fade in/out of the titles would remedy that, assuming fading is even technically possible.

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15358-title-fading/

No Buddy. I use Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 which thankfully supports the Hi-Res Audio output too. Here i am attaching the image of the UI which i have currently. It has a Full Size Album Art with the Song info below it as you can see in the pic. So my suggestion was if those Repeat/Shuffle icons row could have been moved above on the album art with the Fading option, a 3rd row could be accommodated below the Artist Info for the Album info which currently comes immediately after the Artist names just separated by a "-" . If the developer has reached till here, just a small change for accommodating the Album info in the 3rd line won't be a big issue. I hope you understood my concern :)

Poweramp.jpg

19 minutes ago, picturepatil said:

No Buddy. I use Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 which thankfully supports the Hi-Res Audio output too.

I have no idea how that is relevant to the UI.

20 minutes ago, picturepatil said:

If the developer has reached till here, just a small change for accommodating the Album info in the 3rd line won't be a big issue. I hope you understood my concern :)

I see, but wouldn't he need to also change the listing here (below) to 3 lines each to match? The UI has transition effects which move the labels between screens. @maxmp

Screenshot_2018-12-04-03-35-36.thumb.png.c11490489dd711317d1bc90420a40736.png

1 hour ago, djdarko said:

I have no idea how that is relevant to the UI.

I see, but wouldn't he need to also change the listing here (below) to 3 lines each to match? The UI has transition effects which move the labels between screens. @maxmp

Screenshot_2018-12-04-03-35-36.thumb.png.c11490489dd711317d1bc90420a40736.png

The listing here is fine. But if changes can be made on the main player screen then it would be fine. Anyways the current UI which i had shared is also good enough. As far as the name of the song & other details don't overlap the album cover, its a great UI for me.

2 hours ago, picturepatil said:

If the developer has reached till here, just a small change for accommodating the Album info in the 3rd line won't be a big issue.

At the moment, 2 lines just barely fit some wide screens (no problem with the room for labels on longer 18:9 screens, though), so 3rd line won't fit easily there (or will cover more album art).

Also, due to transitions, these 3 lines will propagate everywhere - 3 lines will be required in lists/grids, headers, menus, etc. This is breaking change to skins as well, nevertheless added to backlog.

3 minutes ago, maxmp said:

At the moment, 2 lines just barely fit some wide screens (no problem with the room for labels on longer 18:9 screens, though), so 3rd line won't fit easily there (or will cover more album art).

Also, due to transitions, these 3 lines will propagate everywhere - 3 lines will be required in lists/grids, headers, menus, etc. This is breaking change to skins as well, nevertheless added to backlog.

what if we had just one line, and the text scrolls throught the info ? like when i use winamp on my pc, you can customize what appears on the line etc

is that something hard to implement ? 

2 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Max, trimming down/decreasing the track info (title etc.) and their background sizes would help. The cover art already tells what Album we are on :)

20 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Ok. But like v2 had the 2nd line moving from right to left to show the entire info of Artist names n album name n stopped when the entire name of the album was displayed, that feature will be added to this version later ? I dunno how to explain it properly.

1 hour ago, Absinthequ said:

Just have a skin to get rid of that whole row of buttons. I never use visualization,  timer, or shuffle. I'm sure not many people do. 

I also have no use for these features, so I'd go along with this suggestion. Although judging by some of the posts I've read I'd say that they appear to be essential to a considerable number of others.

No it was just 3 guys talking a lot about it. lol j/k

My wife doesn't use those features either. So there's a +1 haha. But that's why it would be nice as a skin or a toggle on/off as an option, for the people who don't use any of that. The shuffle button is in the library everywhere you look also. Seems like maybe you could toggle it in the other areas it already exists. Not sure what the difference is or what's possible as I never use it. Maybe as part of the UI it's permanently stuck there. Sometimes I accidentally hit the repeat or shuffle and don't realize it until it plays a song or list it shouldn't. It's more of an annoyance for me than anything and now taking up precious album cover space lol.

Archived