Poweramp Build 811

maxmp

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, djdarko said:

I don't think its possible, as V3 was built with Android 5.0 Lollipop without backwards compatibility.

I see.

I have heard a Xposed framework that is backward compatible.

But it's better to make money to buy a new phone.

Thanks so much!

46 minutes ago, Nishimura said:

Oh...

It's so sad.

But I hope that will come true!

Thanks much!

(My English is ng)

Yea it's kinda sad but you can still use the first alpha V3 804 build it will support kikat & you'll get new hi res audio engine milkdrop visualisation etc.

V3 Alpha 703/704 is as stable as v2

Note: skin will no longer work on this version

7 minutes ago, Prosenjit said:

Yea it's kinda sad but you can still use the first alpha V3 804 build it will support kikat & you'll get new hi res audio engine milkdrop visualisation etc.

V3 Alpha 804 is as stable as v2

Note: skin will no longer work on this version

But I need skin XD

Thanks so much

1 hour ago, Nishimura said:

Android 4.4 support plz!

Just to confirm what others have said, this will never happen as the new v3 Material Design style user interface is built using library features that were not available before Android 5.0.

The final test release using the old interface was build 709 (still available from the Downloads tab above) but as has been stated, although the audio functions work fine there was no skin support as it was only an interim user-interface.

If you really need skins, you either need to get an Android 5+ device (are there any third-party ROMs around for your current device if you root it?) or use Poweramp v2 and its old skins, which will remain available 'as is' for users of legacy Android 4.x devices and below. 

Andre

6 hours ago, djdarko said:

It's basically a bookmark feature for long  tracks/audiobooks.

I'm so pleased this one has been added, I waste so much time trying to re-find my place in two-hour podcasts in the car when I happen to have listened to something else in the meantime.

I did wonder whether a third option might be useful for such long tracks too (Start at Beginning, Restore Previous Position, or Prompt User) but I guess it's pretty trivial to just press the current-playback counter to return to the start of the track if you want to.

One thing that would be very handy though is to add an option to exclude those types of track from Shuffle modes. When happily listening to Shuffled music, you almost certainly don't want some really long podcast to suddenly pop up in the middle (or indeed pop up at all in shuffled playback in fact). I would suggest an extra tickbox to completely skip any such long files from Shuffled playback modes.

Andre

16 hours ago, maxmp said:

@givevmethedownload OnePlus 5 + Hi Res works just fine (stock Android 8 ROM). 

I have investigated it further and I believe I have an interesting case for you. So, when I activate it, the music stays on "play" but it doesn't move more than 1 second, without a sound, which might be the expected behaviour of a phone without support (?).

So, funny thing is, if I go to settings, audio, advanced and turn on/off DVC (do the opposite of what it was) or settings, audio, output, hi-res, wired and turn on/off the "No DVC", everything starts working, audio output indicates that it's streaming at 24/48kHz.  Another interesting fact, should I click on the DVC setting that I changed in order for it to work, it stops working once again. Everytime I remove the headphones and reconnect them, or when I restart the app, in order for this to work, I have to click on either of the DVC options and it'll start working.

Let me know if you want any logs to try and see this further.

@maxmp Thanks for the constant updates, it keeps getting better!

There's one nagging UI issue. I choose to hide the status bar at the top. Usually in other apps if I would like to see the status bar then I just swipe from the top (e.g. to check remaining battery %). I also can display notifications by swiping down once more after the status bar is shown.

The problem is if the status bar is still hidden and I swipe down from the top to display it, Poweramp also thinks I want to display the folder contents (same swipe down motion). Is it possible to only enable this swipe down motion not from the very top, but let's say from about 3/4 of the album art height?

Also is it possible to also hide navigation bar at the bottom? In other apps I can display it by swiping up from the bottom (at least on Samsung devices).

The reason I chose to buy (Pirate life) Poweramp was because it was worth it and it was the only player that supported reading AAC tags. And hell, now it doesn't. I don't understand why it doesn't read aac metadata anymore. Please someone explain to me! @maxmp

Edit: I found another issue. When moving to v3, the album arts I had downloaded on v2 weren't displayed anymore. It's a definite hassle to fetch a few hundred album art all over again. 

Poweramps shuffle still baffles me after all these years. I don't quite understand what each one does..

I play music by genre, and would just like to shuffle a specific genre of music. Is there any way to do that?

Shuffle all songs simply shuffles all of the music on my phone (as anticipated)

The other shuffle categories just seem to shuffle songs by album, and will not move on until said album is complete..

Is there just a simple way, to shuffle all songs in an entire genre without playing other genres?

@Duarian You can go to the "Library -> Genres -> whatever genre" page and hit the shuffle button on the top left. Alternatively, you can try adding those songs of the same genre to queue, then just shuffle the whole queue. Max added the option to choose if you wanted the queue to ignore shuffle or not.

35 minutes ago, Duarian said:

I play music by genre, and would just like to shuffle a specific genre of music. Is there any way to do that?

Start playing a song from within a library 'Genre' type song list. Normally with Shuffle Off you would hear all songs in that genre in order, as that is the current playback category (or "list" type). If you tap the Shuffle icon on the player screen to select what used to be called "Shuffle Songs, Lists in Order" but is now simply "Shuffle Just Songs", then  the current genre will be played in a random order, then once all the songs in the current genre have been played it will move on to the next genre and do the same.

Andre

Well fooey that delete songs in the playlist bug is back.   😡 🤬🤬   I looked at some tag/info's on some songs cancelled out of them and got in the shower.   then as soon as i got wet the music stopped.   I had to get out of the shower dripping all over the floor to grab the phone and see what's up.   I was back at all songs and the playlist had no songs in it.  It seems like every time I hold down on a song and then go to tags/info and closing out of it it causes the playlist to zero out.      forcing me to have to plug into MusicBee to resync.   As if that's not bad enough,  Musicbee is also buggy and it's a crapshoot if i can sync without error message requiring me to close the program and relaunch it or other problems.   

@maxmp Doing great work on the app, thank you!

I feel like there is still some kind of problem with the artwork rendering quality. It's not as good as it was in V2.

Check out these comparisons below (using 24 bit RGB option)

Screenshot_Neutron_20181202-011449.thumb.png.526e44dfeade9af2bf1b0a1400aea331.pngScreenshot_Poweramp_20181202-011353.thumb.png.b4fa53d87d7b7b591a70221be1548f0b.png

It is especially noticeable on lower screen resolutions seen below:

Screenshot_2018-12-02-01-04-39.thumb.png.d4855f9d220423148035d0cd049e566b.pngScreenshot_2018-12-02-01-04-52.thumb.png.da7310e1eeeb2d0eb75bd67e902a404f.png

Archived