Poweramp Build 810

maxmp

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@djdarko Thanks for the report, will be fixed asap.

@opreax The bottom "meta" info line includes the ">> next track info", it's not bugged)

@Mrmahdi As for additional skin options - some will be added, but I can't add too many as number of possible combinations + device screen sizes becomes too much to be able to test that. Skin authors can do that (or some separate, focused on specific changes like very small labels, skin). The best way here is publishing free sample sources which then skin authors can publish as APKs.

@Mr. Make Believe Re: a-z scrolling in folders hierarchy can't be applied (at least current linear a-z), as you have folders on top and files on bottom in one list, each with own sorting, thus it requires at least 2 dynamic a-z + a-z bars, etc. But a-z sorting will definitely improve (e.g. localized a-z planned, where possible).

@Prosenjit Settings / Visualizations / Scaled Bars For Faded Controls (uncheck)

@Menelas You have wide screen, but cover still should be a rectangle and minimum heights for controls should be maintained. This is why cover is smaller. 

There is no enough screen estate, please use normal layout for larger album art.

(The original Poweramp v3 layout is specifically designed for large album art. Despite slightly covered by some controls/labels, it's the best for various screen sizes and aspect ratios. The alternative layout looks best on longer 18:9 screens).

@dipanjan maity There is currently no support for square layouts.

2 hours ago, Menelas said:

Hey @maxmp thanks for the good works.

There is a resizing problem there, I had it with a 3rd party skin too and thought it was skin related, but I have it too with your last change.

Plenty of screen real estate lost imho, check the screenshot:

Screenshot_20181127-121245.png

it is to keep aspect ratio of the album cover, else would be stretched

3 hours ago, JoseLoma said:

I would like compatibility with streaming applications such as Mixcloud to be possible.

https://www.mixcloud.com/developers/

The audio streams are not available through the Mixcloud API. There are two reasons for this.

Firstly, we need to know what has been listened to so that we can report usage, pay royalties and provide features such as 'Suggested Shows'.Secondly, Mixcloud needs to pay the bills! We can't give away the audio for free outside of mixcloud.com simply because it costs us to host and stream the files and pay royalties.

Hey Max, just updated to a test build for the first time and it's a great update! However, I'm having an issue with the Poweramp lock screen enabled. If I turn off the screen with the power button or let the screen sleep on it's own, then use the power button to turn on the screen, the Poweramp lock screen is only visible (and usable) for about 5 seconds before it kicks me back to the standard Android lock screen. This occurs even if I'm in some menu on the Poweramp lock screen, so it makes it nearly impossible to use. Is this a legit bug or do I have some settings possibly overriding something?

I'm currently on a Pixel XL with Android 9 (Pie?). I've got a lock screen with a PIN and fingerprints set up. I've also got "Modify System Settings" set to Allowed for Poweramp.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Mr_SeLeNiO said:

it is to keep aspect ratio of the album cover, else would be stretched

I think the OP's point was that there is quite a bit of underutilised space in the lower half of the screen that could be tightened up to allow more space for the artwork when using the app in Alternative mode. The waveseek bar and buttons for example could be half their present height, and the two counters on the left and right could be placed on the same line as the metadata.

Andre

11 hours ago, maxmp said:

• new Library / Lists / Click Restarts Track option

@maxmp kindly fix. Enabled or disabled the features does the same. It should not reshuffle the list and go back to 1/xxx. Not good if you intently want to restart the song when in the list. You'll be hearing the same songs over and over. Please keep the new function when Disabled only.

@maxmpThanks, but it seems that the theme files have problems because my device is unable to install most of the themes, but some themes are installed without problems. This problem is seen on Android 6.0, and there is no problem with the above Android, developers The themes are not able to correct this big problem. I am grateful that the tutorials for creating the theme are checked. Google Polly does not make any mistakes and it seems that this problem is from some files in the themes.

18 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I think the OP's point was that there is quite a bit of underutilised space in the lower half of the screen that could be tightened up to allow more space for the artwork when using the app in Alternative mode. The waveseek bar and buttons for example could be half their present height, and the two counters on the left and right could be placed on the same line as the metadata.

Andre

Yeah, the screen can be better used in my opinion too.

@maxmp I have an alternative skin idea that would get that cover art bigger. 

I never ever use any of those 4 buttons right below the title. The visualizer, timer, shuffle, etc. I would also be willing to lose the track count in the middle. That whole row could be turned off and make cover art much bigger.

A lot of people who never use any of that would probably prefer a simple skin without all that anyways and larger album art. 

Just an idea.  =}

13 hours ago, maxmp said:

• new Library / Lists / Click Restarts Track option

I was about to say this isn't working for me, but I found it is an option in Settings > Library > Lists. That'll teach me to read your posts more carefully.

One thing I have noticed though is that when you choose to view the current song in a different library category (e.g. when listening in Folders mode and you select Albums category view instead), the currently playing song is no longer highlighted within the new view, making it harder to see what is currently playing and tap on it to change mode.

Andre

Archived