(FREE) Poweramp v3 skin default dark

Andrew0

@Andrew0 It doesn’t open anything, it doesn’t react at all. Also, Poweramp doesn’t recognise it (screenshots 1 and 2).

It tried to bypass the Huawei UI by using Nova Launcher (screenshot 3) and Smart Launcher (4) – with the same result: green icon, no reaction.

Mine is a Huawei Mate 9 with Android 7.0 and EMUI 5.0 (Huawei’s user interface) like you get it from stock, no root, no changes, no tweaks.

Regards, Lucas

Screenshot_20181204-190301.png

Screenshot_20181204-184356.png

Screenshot_20181204-210342.png

Screenshot_20181205-105543.png

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andrew0 said:

@luce Could you please test this app and see if it works? First uninstall the app you downloaded from play store and then install this apk file.

dark-default.apk

@Andrew0I'm sorry but the problem is still going on and I think this problem is only about the owners of the Huawei devices from Android 7 and before, and I do not see this in version 8 if the device I use is from the version Android 6 uses the problem and I'm not running the program.
 Interestingly, there is no problem with several other themes like sample skin and material 2 skin, and it's easy to run

Screenshot_2018-12-19-03-22-18.png

Screenshot_2018-12-19-03-23-59.png

4 hours ago, Andrew0 said:

@luce Could you please test this app and see if it works? First uninstall the app you downloaded from play store and then install this apk file.

dark-default.apk

I’m sorry it doesn’t work.

Before installing, the apk file doesn’t show the correct icon like other apps do (screenshot 1). It seems the app is not recognised correctly from the start.

While and after installing it looks like on screenshots 2 and 3.

Best, Lucas

Screenshot_20181219-032117.png

Screenshot_20181219-031712.png

Screenshot_20181219-032641.png

9 hours ago, Andrew0 said:

@MadagascarAdam  By looking at your device I think making the album art bigger wont help, as it would make the play buttons so small that  they will not be shown properly. Doing more changes on the layout is really hard as it should be tested on many devices with different screen sizes. Thats why that new layout is experimental.

@luce Can you tell me please what happens when you click on the app Icon? does it open anything?

Regards

Well, obviously making the album art bigger (and having workable buttons) on my device's display isn't *technically* impossible... because the old Poweramp v2 worked great with full-size borderless album art.  I used this skin (Material Skin for Poweramp v2)  and it looked exactly like this on my device:

Poweramp2Material.thumb.png.6913528f3ca0a81b889b064f8644984f.png

I'm not suggesting your skin needs to look exactly like this or anything (if I wanted to stick with only this I'd just downgrade again)...   but as far as album art size goes, being able to see the basic track info and have basic controls... well, this is ideal.  It obviously fits on my device without making anything too small, and honestly the buttons and other aspects *could* be smaller and still work out just great.

All I'm saying is it's not explicitly a device issue, it's a format issue.  You're the one who knows how to make skins (and you're doing a great job of it so far), so I have no idea how easy it is to tweak that stuff with the new Poweramp v3.  But I know that device-wise, it's certainly *possible* to make full-size album art, have track info, basic controls, etc., all fit quite comfortably on the screen of my device.  (Which, as I wrote in a previous post maybe a week ago, is a Moto G5 with 5" 1920x1080 screen - so it's high resolution, decent-size screen, etc.   But even that *shouldn't* be an issue... because this same look from Poweramp v2 also worked on my former Moto G2 which had only 1280x720 resolution.)  So, it's a format issue related to v3, but *maybe* with your understanding of skins you could tweak it around a bit so that as-large-as-possible album art could make a comeback?

Either way, I'm very impressed with your efforts you're putting into this and your quick response to users such as myself.  It's really an impressive job you're doing for a product you're still offering for free.  And honestly, if it weren't for your efforts here, I'd probably have downgraded to v2 (even though I really don't like downgrading once I've updated something).  So, a big thank you to all you've done so far and are continuing to do!

@Mrmahdi @luce

Thanks for testing.. It is definitely a problem related to huawei devices.. I'll research more..

@andrewilley

It may happen when I change anything on the options.. Sorry for that, sadly I can't do anything about it as it is on app development level and not skin dev. 

@MadagascarAdam

You are welcome :)

Technically almost everything is possible, it is also possible make the layout look like v2.. It is a problem of time.. As the smallest change on any layout must be tested and programmed to work on different screen sizes and pixel densities. Sadly I don't have so much free time for that 😕

Best Regards. 

34 minutes ago, sethnet said:

Hi @Andrew0

Great job! Finally I can use the alternative layout with a full-size album art. 

Could you add the "text color" option on this skin like you did on the gold skin?

Hi @sethnet:  Do you really have *full* size album art?  Or just not quite as small as before?  I had an example from the new "experimental" alternative layout and it's better than before (thanks to Andrew's work) but not yet full size.  I'm just curious if it worked for you full size.  And if so, what's your display and system you're using?

Here's my new (better) experimental alternative layout from Andrew's latest update - still not full size, but better:

Screenshot_20181218-194911-poweramp2.png

15 hours ago, MadagascarAdam said:

Hi @sethnet:  Do you really have *full* size album art?  Or just not quite as small as before?  I had an example from the new "experimental" alternative layout and it's better than before (thanks to Andrew's work) but not yet full size.  I'm just curious if it worked for you full size.  And if so, what's your display and system you're using?

Here's my new (better) experimental alternative layout from Andrew's latest update - still not full size, but better:

Screenshot_20181218-194911-poweramp2.png

You are right. It is not full size only better than before. And... It's weird, with the "fixed" alternative layout is small as before. 

Huawei Mate 10. Android 9.

Screenshot_2018-12-20-04-16-50.png

On Mon Dec 17 2018 at 5:12 PM, andrewilley said:

I posted the settings I'm currently using about a page ago, but you may prefer to play around to achieve your own look (and the layout you'll see also depends on screen size, DPI, etc):

Andre

Thank you.

@brandonluciano824 @sethnet

The "Fixed" Alternative Layout is intended to be for people to which the Alternative Layout shows a small album art.. By looking at your screenshots you shouldn't be using the experimental option.

A full width option doesn't exist.. Yet.. 

@zeeya

I would say thats a bug.. But I cant fix it at skin level. It has to be fixed at app level (to which I dont have access). I will try to make as less updates as possible.. 

Completely trivial visual point here I know, but when you get a chance could you check on the vertical alignment of the counters and the metadata line? The metadata is slightly higher than the two counters, and for some reason my latent OCD is kicking in about it. :) (It's noticeable on many of the screenshots here)

image.png

Andre

On 12/20/2018 at 10:24 AM, andrewilley said:

Completely trivial visual point here I know, but when you get a chance could you check on the vertical alignment of the counters and the metadata line? The metadata is slightly higher than the two counters, and for some reason my latent OCD is kicking in about it. :) (It's noticeable on many of the screenshots here)

image.png

Andre

Yeah you are right.. I'll try to fix it... :)

Archived