(FREE) Poweramp v3 skin default dark

Andrew0

50 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

Right now I do not have other requests. I'll just wait for new features, if any. Ah, one thing though, have a toggle to make the main player "flat". Our friends minar and gcantoni's Material2 has this option and I find it nice!

The best of both worlds would be awesome. Having the minimalistic flat look of the Material2 skin with, the thinner waves and minimalistic icons combined with the options and layout of Andrew's skin would be perfect. Than all we need is a selection of different (smaller and minimalistic) play and seek buttons and it's too good to be true 😄  

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/26/2018 at 4:59 AM, invaderzim said:

@Andrew0 just one thing though when album art is white or light grey, can the controls and album/track info change to black or darker for them to be visible enough? Can PA determine the AA is white that it will automatically switch to black?

Screenshot_20181126-025558.jpg

The background sliders in PA settings is for adjusting for this.

I just saw a posting in the main 810 build thread which included the below positional example, which would be even more perfect for adding your simple thin seekbar (in the gap just below the buttons) and thus keeping an upper waveseek, the five pro buttons, and a simple linear seekbar all on one screen and clearly separated:

image.png

Andre

3 hours ago, pauldamo said:

The background sliders in PA settings is for adjusting for this.

Nah! I have been tweaking that already but thanks for chiming in. What I really want is to invert (white vs black, vice versa) the coloration of the controls/functions in which Andrew mentioned a deeper understanding of the app, hence, not possible, probably in the near future.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I just saw a posting in the main 810 build thread which included the below positional example, which would be even more perfect for adding your simple thin seekbar (in the gap just below the buttons) and thus keeping an upper waveseek, the five pro buttons, and a simple linear seekbar all on one screen and clearly separated:

image.png

Andre

I'm curious though, what is the purpose of having 2 seek bars when functionality wise, either of the two does the same job. Or is it about visual satisfaction? No offense. Really curious...

2 hours ago, invaderzim said:

I'm curious though, what is the purpose of having 2 seek bars when functionality wise, either of the two does the same job. Or is it about visual satisfaction? No offense. Really curious...

They do two different things:

The lower narrow traditional seekbar provides a convenient start-to-finish view of the whole track, and the ability to visualise exactly how far through the track you currently are. You can also move linearly (albeit in rather coarse jumps for longer tracks) to a new playback position.

The new style waveseek facility provides the ability to move in small and controlled increments backwards and forwards. This is very useful if you are listening to a long track (for example a two hour podcast or concert) and want to nudge back a few seconds to re-listen to something, or skip past a few minutes of adverts, for example. However it is not very good for moving large distances, such as to near the start or end of a track which takes several swipes, nor for seeing visually roughly how far through a track you are.

The combination of having both methods available at once is very powerful.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

They do two different things:

The lower narrow traditional seekbar provides a convenient start-to-finish view of the whole track, and the ability to visualise exactly how far through the track you currently are. You can also move linearly (albeit in rather coarse increments for longer tracks) to a new playback position.

The new style waveseek facility provides the ability to move in small and controlled increments backwards and forwards. This is very useful if you are listening to a long track (for example a two hour podcast or concert) and want to nudge back a few seconds to re-listen to something, or skip past a few minutes of adverts, for example. However it is not very good for moving large distances, such as to near the start of end of a track, which takes several swipes, nor for seeing visually roughly how far through a track you are.

The combination of having both methods available at once is very powerful.

Andre

Right on! Now, that's a good addition to this skin. Thanks Andre for explaining.

On 11/28/2018 at 2:28 AM, Andrew0 said:

@Andrew0 How do you activate the half waveseek?

You don't know about the half waveseek bar that means it is something unintentional or might be a visual glitch I'm not sure

I absolutely love this design and it's not interfering with other options of the skin. It looks gorgeous with my personal gradient settings

Please don't disable this & it also works with your latest update

4 minutes ago, null said:

I have a question before falling in love: Do we get non-square covers, tall or wide, cropped on this skin? I don't want to fall back on my old workaround of making transparent PNGs for this.

I could be wrong, but I think the cover artwork is provided from PA's own database of images, so ratios will be whatever PA supplies to the skin. If so, that question is still something you need to take up with Max for inclusion within the core app. Personally I tend to agree that rectangular covers should not be cropped into square ratio boxes - for example I have a number of source movie soundtracks for which vertical poster artwork is embedded in the file rather than there being a nice square CD cover.

Andre

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I think the cover artwork is provided from PA's own database of images, so ratios will be whatever PA supplies to the skin

[looks at skin]

***k.

Welp, good enough, and I already gave up. Thank you for the skin, much better than before!

Screenshot_20181127-225758.png

OMG my UI is awful why is that?

Too much spaces... Cover is adjusted awful...

My device Nexus 5 5 inch display 1080... Expanded escreen with no navbar.

Any way to solve this? I think is happen with default PA also...

Thats too ugly...

Screenshot_20181128-022509.png

1 minute ago, LFB said:

OMG my UI is awful why is that?

It's because it's not adapted properly to your phone screen size, only to small screens…

This is not an isolated case either because I think I've seen it elsewhere in this forum!

Just a couple of minor comments that I noticed last night:
image.png

1) The top of the play icon is being cropped by the panel which contains the shuffle/repeat/etc icons. I'd suggest allowing the two to overlap transparently instead, as there is actually no clash of the actual content, just the placeholder panels.

2) The position-count and total-time boxes should match the rest of the interface in terms of style (i.e. should be grey not black in the above case).

3) Also, the count boxes should be left- and right-justified so as to be lined up nearer to the edge of the screen (probably aligned to the edge of the widest element of the interface, in this case the Visualisation and Shuffle icons). Not sure whether the position of the metadata line can be dynamic, based on the changing width of the current timer content, but it's quite possible that both timers could easily contain up to five digits.

Andre

8 hours ago, invaderzim said:

@Andrew0 Awesome update! 

The audio/track info should not be transparent when tapping long on the metadata line for it to be readable.

Screenshot_20181128-111455.jpg

Should be the same as Info/Tags below.

Screenshot_20181128-111507.jpg

This skin is becoming more perfect! 👌Thank you!

+1

Also the help screen has white text on white background

1708902494_device-2018-11-28-182453copy.thumb.jpg.f63de1f44c277682f1f834d068ac0fbb.jpg1298903027_device-2018-11-28-182530copy.thumb.jpg.58873f29502e1abf7c4083682e3a3829.jpg

@invaderzim Fixed the transparent background.

@andrewilley position should be fixed now, can you confirm this? as you have a smaller phone than me

@Prosenjit Can't fix the problem on the help screen. I have to ask max for fix as I can't reference that screen.

UPDATE
New option added:
* track elapsed time and track duration time background can be now set: "transparent", "semi transparent" or "solid"

I will take a look to the other things on this days. Enjoy :)

1 hour ago, Andrew0 said:

@andrewilley position should be fixed now, can you confirm this? as you have a smaller phone than me:)

Unfortunately, it went the other way and got quite a bit worse. There's plenty of space for the buttons and seekbar, but the panel above it seems to be cropping the top off them for some reason:

image.png

Transparency of the counters is fine now by the way. This is becoming a very flexible and configurable skin indeed.

Andre

First of all, I love this skin. However, I have an issue with the size of the album cover of songs. The device is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (1440x2560).

The no skin default original alternate layout artwork size comes up properly.

The skin no alternate layout shows proper sized artwork also but it doesn't when picking the alternate layout.

Basically I want the first picture with the seekbar instead of the waveseek without the album artwork being scaled down.

Default Poweramp Skin Alternate Layout

Original_Alternate_Layout.jpg

Skin Alternate Layout

Skin_Alternate_Layout.jpg

Skin No Alternate Layout

Skin_No_Alternate_Layout.jpg

Basically I want the first picture with the seekbar instead of the waveseek without the album artwork being scaled down.

Archived