Auto resume not function every time after update to v3

vincomp

I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Android 8.1).  Before update to v3 build 808, when I plug in the wired headphones, Poweramp will play music automatically in all situations.

However, after update to the said build, the auto resume function not start every time.

I have checked "Resume on wired headset” and ”Keep service” options on in Poweramp menu.  Poweramp is also included in the white list of power saving of android.

Is there anything I have missed to have auto resume start every time? Thanks for any reply in advance!

Thank you for your reply @clever__man!

Before updating, even if I launch other media app (e.g. watch youtube) then inserted the plug of my wired earphone, Poweramp would automatically launch.

After the update, I found this little problem occurs inconsistently.  Sometimes the auto resume works, sometimes not.

After viewing your reply, I tried the following: 1.Play music in Poweramp 2. Stop music 3.Watch YouTube clips 4. Plug out my earphone  5. Plug in my earphone

Poweramp will auto resume my last song occasionally, but not every time.

Feeling a little bit confused what's wrong.😅

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 1:16 PM, vincomp said:

Thank you for your reply @clever__man!

Before updating, even if I launch other media app (e.g. watch youtube) then inserted the plug of my wired earphone, Poweramp would automatically launch.

After the update, I found this little problem occurs inconsistently.  Sometimes the auto resume works, sometimes not.

After viewing your reply, I tried the following: 1.Play music in Poweramp 2. Stop music 3.Watch YouTube clips 4. Plug out my earphone  5. Plug in my earphone

Poweramp will auto resume my last song occasionally, but not every time.

Feeling a little bit confused what's wrong.😅

This is weird  and i am facing this issue too ...  Previous version did not have such problem, no matter what other application was played. If there is no active application(youtube.. etc) on screen,
removing and inserting the headphone used to auto resume the Poweramp in V2.
I guess its a miss in V3......

34 minutes ago, harshson said:

This is weird  and i am facing this issue too ...  Previous version did not have such problem, no matter what other application was played. If there is no active application(youtube.. etc) on screen,
removing and inserting the headphone used to auto resume the Poweramp in V2.
I guess its a miss in V3......

Thank you for letting me know that I'm not facing this issue alone!

Since my 1st post, I observed quite sometime to see when will v3's auto resume work. It seems that auto resume would work if I just quit the app / stop music for a short period of time (even if I switch to other media player (e.g. YouTube/ music player) in the meantime).

However, if Poweramp left idle for a longer time, auto resume would not work.

In previous version, the auto resume would work no matter the situation.  I quite missed this auto resume function.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having exactly the same issues. It works fine if I used PA recently. After an undefined period of time PA won't start when I plug in the headphones. It doesn't seem to be an Android thing since it worked with PA v2 perfectly. I've excluded Poweramp from the powersavings function on my S8 to no avail.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:13 PM, jwvoorn said:

It doesn't seem to be an Android thing since it worked with PA v2 perfectly.

PA v3 builded with API 26 (Google rules for new apps) and it has many limitations for background operations. Try to enable PA service in the app settings, disable power control for PA in the Syatem settings.

PA v2 builded with lower API and has no such limitation but can't be updated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 11:49 PM, clever_man said:

Try to enable PA service in the app settings, disable power control for PA in the Syatem settings. 

Great.  Now how do you do that?  Because I've already scoured my phone (Motorola Z2 Play), and if there is a setting I can access, I've probably already tried it to no avail.

EDIT:  After digging around, I figured out how to do it for mine:

1.  Go to Settings.
2.  Select Battery.
3.  Click the Menu (three vertical dots at upper right).
4.  Select Battery Optimization.
5.  Click the bar at the top and select All Apps.
6.  Scroll down and select Poweramp.
7.  Change the setting so that it is not optimized.
8.  Done.

Archived