Reduction of volume after 809 update, and the return of last song played mismatch bug

avsquare

Using this on Huawei Mate 20

Was pleased to note the 809 update enabled Hi-Res (24/192) for the Huawei Mate 20 Series, but when I enabled it, the volume sharply dropped compared to the normal 16/48 output option.

Also, one of the old bugs returned - some times when I relaunched the app, the song displayed at the bottom of the app is not the last song I played. When I press the play button beside the song showed at the bottom, it plays a different song instead.

Unfortunately, on Mate 20 series, it seems Ringtone volume also affects hi-res output.

The song in miniplayer can be in desync during fast initial scan when database is rapidly changing. It will normalize immediately after scan ends. Poweramp doesn't have background services to scan songs, so scan happenson Poweramp start or while Poweramp is active. Initial scan can be disabled as well via Library / Scanner / Initial Scan option.

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

Unfortunately, on Mate 20 series, it seems Ringtone volume also affects hi-res output.

The song in miniplayer can be in desync during fast initial scan when database is rapidly changing. It will normalize immediately after scan ends. Poweramp doesn't have background services to scan songs, so scan happenson Poweramp start or while Poweramp is active. Initial scan can be disabled as well via Library / Scanner / Initial Scan option.

Noted on the library scan.

As for the volume issue, will this be fixed in upcoming versions? Thanks.

Archived