My thoughts on New UI , it's good but confused.

faytuu

As a fan of Poweramp, got some thoughts on new UI (Android 8, V3 update from google play.)

1.the bar when playing is so large that I press it everytime, a bit annoying. 

2.Can we just make the library more easy to use,  let say, make a category as default(user choose), I want folder view as default library view. That would help user changing album/folder more quickly. 

3.The bottom on the most right side, why would be a  botton lead to setting ? It's not a usually choice for me, I mean, setting is a one time deal, almost.

I always a "one hand can do everything" fan, above are my thoughts.

1. the bar size is really dependent on screen size (height) as cover is always rectangle, but some comfortable max height is also defined (unless you're on device with "strange" dpi to screen size ratio).

There is option of Fixed waveseek in skin settings + other skins optionally implement plain seekbar.

2. Option to make first press on Library button (first nav bar button) to navigate to specific category (e.g. Folders) is planned. Second press will navigate to top library.

3. If you mean hamburger like button - it gives access to navigation items not fitting the navbar. Settings page is one of those.

(Settings actually can be very very frequently needed (esp. audio and related), that's why in some parts of UI there are direct "gear" shortcut icons. Also that expandable area will contain assignable settings shortcuts in the future - but all that is regarding settings.)

19 minutes ago, maxmp said:

1. the bar size is really dependent on screen size (height) as cover is always rectangle, but some comfortable max height is also defined (unless you're on device with "strange" dpi to screen size ratio).

There is option of Fixed waveseek in skin settings + other skins optionally implement plain seekbar.

2. Option to make first press on Library button (first nav bar button) to navigate to specific category (e.g. Folders) is planned. Second press will navigate to top library.

3. If you mean hamburger like button - it gives access to navigation items not fitting the navbar. Settings page is one of those.

(Settings actually can be very very frequently needed (esp. audio and related), that's why in some parts of UI there are direct "gear" shortcut icons. Also that expandable area will contain assignable settings shortcuts in the future - but all that is regarding settings.)

Thanks for reply.

I found and try the static seekbar option(in skin option), it still show as wavebar when playing. 

And I remember v2,  the playing section that I can press somewhere navigate to library, I think it's a good designing for me.

I'm looking forward for the planning default library changing.

Thanks again.

11 hours ago, AllCoreListener said:

People are weird when it comes to new technology, they rather have the new stay old. ??????

New UI is NOT new technology, we have quite a bunch of other players(retro, power audio,  stellio, etc) to make the comparation.

I haven't seen anyone hold a negative attitude toward those new features (themselves, not related bugs) like hi-res output.

On Mon Nov 19 2018 at 7:11 AM, AllCoreListener said:

People are weird when it comes to new technology, they rather have the new stay old. ??????

Just the new UI are so Confused, hard to remember the shortcut where and how to lead.

Archived