App auto call-out on play headset button.

9d2

On first builds, when you connected a headset (wired or bluetooth) and pushed the "play" button, if Poweramp was the default music player, the app opened automatically and started to play music.

Now, sometimes, if you push play nothing happens. You have to unlock the phone and open the app. Then it works fine.

It would be great to have that again.

Generally, system will start the latest music app, but some app will override that (e.g. youtube) and they won't do anything on resume play. This also heavily depends on Android version, Poweramp build, Poweramp audio output, etc.

This behavior changes like in any major Android version + OEM adds own quirks, as well as target SDK changes a lot (higher target is more restrictive to the app, Poweramp has highest now).

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, Max.

I've been researching over there and I've found that the problem is in the "Secure settings": When I type on the adb shell "adb shell settings get secure media_button_receiver" the answer is "com.android.mediacenter", which is the Huawei stock music app.

Do you know any way to change the "secure settings" to set PA as the default media button receiver?

Many thanks!

I've managed to change the secure settings to "com.maxmpz.audioplayer/com.maxmpz.audioplayer.player.PlayerMediaButtonReceiver".

Can you confirm to me that "com.maxmpz.audioplayer/com.maxmpz.audioplayer.player.PlayerMediaButtonReceiver" is what I have to set? It isn't working now.

v3-build-813-play

Phone: LYA-L29

Merry Xmas!

No, it doesn't.

It seems that on the latest EMUIs Huawei redirects always the media button events to their own music player, so when your car connects with your phone, the stock music player starts and overrides PA (and any other music player).

It is annoying for many people (like me) and they managed to redirect the media_button_receiver on the secure settings to other package (normally tasker).

I'm trying to redirect it to PA, but I really don't know the name of the package.

I've set one line I've grabbed from the internet, but it seems to be from V2,and it doesn't work.

Have a great weekend!

Archived