Jump to content

Poweramp Build 809


maxmp
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, djdarko said:

I think they want an artist image to show for the artist folder, so there is no mp3/file there to embed anything.

I wonder if the new change makes it refer to the same files as non folder hierarchy images.

@Razgriz Check this out:

 

That's exactly what we want. V2 worked like this, so @maxmp implemented it on build 795 on request of some of us.

The thing is, it did work perfect after build 795 until build 809 was released.

 added support for in-folder images for folders without tracks (i.e. various root folders in Folders Hierarchy). Rescan is needed to pickup these images

This feature doesn't work anymore. Kindly asking Max to re-add this feature.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

That's exactly what we want. V2 worked like this, so @maxmp implemented it on build 795 on request of some of us.

The thing is, it did work perfect after build 795 until build 809 was released.

 added support for in-folder images for folders without tracks (i.e. various root folders in Folders Hierarchy). Rescan is needed to pickup these images

This feature doesn't work anymore. Kindly asking Max to re-add this feature.

Thanks for clarifying. Also, I tested the method I posted above, and it only works for the normal Artists list, not for the hierarchy folders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

How many times are people going to ask about hi rez on a phone speaker?  I can't believe people actually think a phone speaker will sound good enough to tell the difference in hi res.    Yet i had ignorant girls tell me their phone speakers has good bass when suggesting them get a decent bluetooth speaker for music.  

Chill.. For me, I did hear the difference though, that's why I asked. Only asking though, since I'm still a noob. I only think if there's any possibility for a noticeable cleaner output, even through a phone speaker, why not? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alfin said:

I only think if there's any possibility for a noticeable cleaner output, even through a phone speaker, why not? 

It might be interesting to investigate what exactly Neutron does when it processes high res for the speaker. Perhaps it adds other optimizations as well. And has anybody ever analysed whether the "cleaner" output is actually better ? And is it high res at all ? Probably not, given the constraints of the hardware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@maxmp I don't know if this is bug but music files who have number first and are not tagged, PA will not display number. 

 

Example: If I have song from 21 Savage (rapper) that are not tagged, PA will display his name as Savage.

 

Also, every time when I listen to the Astroworld (album) from Travis Scott (rapper), PA mute sound of song that are called 5% TINT so I must restart whole song to unmute it but if I right now select this song to play, audio will not be muted, so this only happens when I listen album from the start. Album is tagged.

 

This bug has been in all v3 versions (for v2 I'm not sure because album has been released 3 months ago when I had v3, not v2 anymore).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Prekratic said:

Also, every time when I listen to the Astroworld (album) from Travis Scott (rapper), PA mute sound of song that are called 5% TINT so I must restart whole song to unmute it but if I right now select this song to play, audio will not be muted, so this only happens when I listen album from the start. Album is tagged.

Does it mute that track if you start with playing the track before (Wake Up), and let it play into 5% Tint?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Prekratic Re: song muting - what happens if you change volume when such track is "muted"? Also what output do you use and what is your device + Android version / ROM?

As for digits, a lot of tracks in the wild have filenames like 01-some track.mp3. Such numbers on start of (untagged) track are recognized as track numbers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Prekratic said:

Thank you.

Ok, I just listened to all tracks up to 5% Tint, I started the album by tapping on track 1 (Stargazing) from the album track list, and listened to all without pausing.

No problems here.

The file name was:

09 - 5% Tint.flac

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Prekratic Re: song muting - what happens if you change volume when such track is "muted"? Also what output do you use and what is your device + Android version / ROM?

As for digits, a lot of tracks in the wild have filenames like 01-some track.mp3. Such numbers on start of (untagged) track are recognized as track numbers.

When I change volume nothing happens, track is muted until I restart it.

 

For output I frequently use headphones. My device is SM-A500FU (Samsung Galaxy A5 2015), Android 7.1 / Xtreme OS v3.1 (costum rom).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, djdarko said:

Ok, I just listened to all tracks up to 5% Tint, I started the album by tapping on track 1 (Stargazing) from the album track list, and listened to all without pausing.

No problems here.

The file name was:

09 - 5% Tint.flac

 

Here's my files.

UPDATE: File info in Poweramp instead in Solid Explorer*

 

Screenshot_20181120-212741.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, it's b-a-a-a-c-k! This is Build 809, Galaxy Note 9. I am actually playing In A Glass House by Gentle Giant as displayed in main area, but PA is showing (Wanna Get To Know You) That Good! by Shania Twain as the current song in the bottom area. As PA plays through the tracks in the playing album, it displays an entirely different, apparently random song in the "now playing" bottom area. If I long-press the "now playing" song title, PA does correctly bring me back to the correct playing album. I can even change albums and play them, but the "now playing" song is some random thing.

 I do not know exactly how I get this situation to happen in the first place. However, once it's happening, this might be a clue... If I do a song search and then tap that song to play it, the "now playing" song will be correct. I.e. if I tap the song's image to bring up the category list (all songs), the "now playing" song is correct. I can tap other songs in that category and they will display the correct "now playing" song. Yet, if I play a song from a playlist, the "now playing" song will now be wrong again.

Screenshot_20181119-185546_Poweramp.jpg

  •  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • maxmp unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • maxmp locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...