Poweramp Build 809

maxmp

18 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Quote unfortunately, all my LG devices either stuck on 6.0 or below or updated to 8.0 (g6/g7/v30) - so I can't test / reproduce that issue.

Some logs captured right after switching to Hi-Res output may help to diagnose remotely.

I am unrooted but can I nevertheless capture a log? If so, how? 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@maxmpIs it possible to publish a theme with this feature. The sample skin layer is very good, but if the static waveseek + seekbar in the sample skin alternative layout is placed in the top theme, the best theme for the current version is created or you can have a transparent feature Put the navbars in the second theme to complete this theme. Because of this, I will choose the first theme, and if this is completed, I will definitely use the second theme.

@maxmpThe Notification always disappears for me, if music is paused and headphone cable is plugged/unplugged. The notification immediately dies.

I have both Keep Notification and Always Keep Notification enabled, and I've tried enabling Keep Service as well. It still happens. None of my other music player apps have this issue.

Thanks.

On 11/22/2018 at 4:54 AM, maxmp said:

@Quote unfortunately, all my LG devices either stuck on 6.0 or below or updated to 8.0 (g6/g7/v30) - so I can't test / reproduce that issue.

Some logs captured right after switching to Hi-Res output may help to diagnose remotely.

There is a log from my LG V10 android 7. Perhaps it will help

alogcat.2018-11-25-02-58-03+0100.txt

@maxmp so i paused Poweramp to make a video with the camera and then clicked play and the playlist went back to the beginning of the playlist.   every time i tried to go back to where i was it would switch back to the first song on the playlist and i tried many songs with the same results.   but i could skip to the next song and play the playlist in order.    I didn't have shuffle on.   but it sounds like the same bug that when shuffle is on and it starts playing the beginning of the playlist in order.   I had to force close to get it to work right again.    so annoying.  I thought that bug was finally fixed.    

I just wanted to let Max MP know that as of a recent build (change log says 808 but I don't know when I noticed it) my OnePlus 5T with Oxygen OS 5.1.7 (Android 8.1) properly plays HiRes through the headphones instead of the speaker. Thanks so much and keep up the great work!

@maxmp This is still an issue with the h current release, seems it's the only thing that you haven't addressed, it's all ONE ALBUM, just has various Artist.. unless you literally go into the actual folder that those songs are in, it shows up like in the photo as a separate album for each artist which is super annoying. Hoping this is fixed eventually as it's the only bug/problem I've come across

Screenshot_20181125-151021.png

15 minutes ago, thesleezking said:

@maxmp This is still an issue with the h current release, seems it's the only thing that you haven't addressed, it's all ONE ALBUM, just has various Artist.. unless you literally go into the actual folder that those songs are in, it shows up like in the photo as a separate album for each artist which is super annoying. Hoping this is fixed eventually as it's the only bug/problem I've come across

It's interesting to know how Max will come up to address this as I also struggle with having a single folder with Various Artists. Been jumping to Libraries when you want to play an album full of VAs. Then, Album Artists so I can play in order or shuffle all the Artists' songs/albums. Anyway, every Library/Category has its own features and purposes. Doing a Playlist also helps.

13 hours ago, NickIst said:

It has been already released. V3 build 808

We will see when we uninstall beta and get off beta if it is install via play store with out beta. Anyone tried it yet, because I do not want to go through all that just to go back to beta again. Also, why would someone on v2 ask for it to be released if it was and never ever updated to v3 automatically on play store without being on beta? It should if it was released final.

Plus, the images are still v2 on play store. If it was v3 shouldn't it be images of v3?

6 hours ago, thesleezking said:

Not sure what category you're in? but Definitely some bugs with the album artist tags causing these issues. I'm wondering if this is because you have no "album artist" tag? 

Poweramp appears to prefer to sort albums by the "album artist" tag. If your files are tagged with the correct "album artist" tag (various artists for example for compilations) then Poweramp will group it as one album in "albums" and "album artist" category.

Where Poweramp goes haywire is in the "artist" and "genre" category. Poweramp will group the songs by artist but will separate the songs because of the "album artist" tag. So if you have an album that has the same "artist" tag and the same "album" tag but a totally different "album artist" tag for each song then it will list multiple versions of the same album. 

Here's an example below of an album that is not a compilation album,  but it has a few songs that have a album artist tag that is different,  because they are solo songs. Because the "album artist" can't be seen,  it looks like duplicates.

Screenshot_20181125-211203.png

2 hours ago, AllCoreListener said:

Just tried the leap of faith of going out of beta and no it is still v2 588, and no final of v3. Great, and now to go back to beta just because of that waste of uninstall. That is what I get for listening to someone on here.

Max has already said that V3 is in a staged roll-out phase, try taking responsibility for your own actions.

There isn't a lot to accomplish by going out of beta anyway, you would have only gone from version 809 to 808.

6 hours ago, AllCoreListener said:

Just tried the leap of faith of going out of beta and no it is still v2 588, and no final of v3.

As has been stated before, it is a Google staged release. When the v3 roll-out hits your market's Play Store, you should see it update automatically.

Of course more recent beta versions will still override the main market release if you have the beta channel enabled. 

Andre

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As has been stated before, it is a Google staged release. When the v3 roll-out hits your market's Play Store, you should see it update automatically.

Of course more recent beta versions will still override the main market release if you have the beta channel enabled. 

Andre

Sorry, but I am not going to stick on v2 for a while because of that, and I really can't stand v2 despite what others complain about v3. V2 is fugly to me.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:23 PM, Absinthequ said:

Not sure what category you're in? but Definitely some bugs with the album artist tags causing these issues. I'm wondering if this is because you have no "album artist" tag? 

Poweramp appears to prefer to sort albums by the "album artist" tag. If your files are tagged with the correct "album artist" tag (various artists for example for compilations) then Poweramp will group it as one album in "albums" and "album artist" category.

Where Poweramp goes haywire is in the "artist" and "genre" category. Poweramp will group the songs by artist but will separate the songs because of the "album artist" tag. So if you have an album that has the same "artist" tag and the same "album" tag but a totally different "album artist" tag for each song then it will list multiple versions of the same album. 

Here's an example below of an album that is not a compilation album,  but it has a few songs that have a album artist tag that is different,  because they are solo songs. Because the "album artist" can't be seen,  it looks like duplicates.

Screenshot_20181125-211203.png

It's exactly the same. I'm going for this example "Genre > Top 40 >" and then they come out like that but i know for sure each artist and "album artist" is listed correctly for each track and i haven't changed those files from when i wasv on V2, mad annoying

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No one asked you to. You can install v3 any time you like, either as a download from here or using Google beta programme. No reason to go back to v2. 

Andre

I am just like the other one asking for final and that is not final if it is not available. So it is either stick to v2 or stick to beta of v3. I live in USA (Utah) for exact, and that should not be held off just because of play store. So the only option is no final of v3. Keep saying what your saying but this should be not a waiting game. Plus, like the other said. I can't stand buggy software and prefer to take v3 final over beta any day. On my account it shows update November 15th, and that should be version 809 as final but installs as v2 instead.

USA must be last in the country stage roll out. That is what Samsung does with their roll outs too.

Archived