Poweramp Build 809

maxmp

Is there any way to make the "Album Artist" tag override the "Artist" tags in "Artist" view?

For example, I have "A Star Is Born" Soundtrack by "Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper".

Each song is tagged with different artists, "Cast", "Lady Gaga", etc.

I would prefer to have all the songs under artist "Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper", is there any way to do that without re-editing the tags?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, djdarko said:

Is there any way to make the "Album Artist" tag override the "Artist" tags in "Artist" view?

For example, I have "A Star Is Born" Soundtrack by "Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper".

Each song is tagged with different artists, "Cast", "Lady Gaga", etc.

I would prefer to have all the songs under artist "Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper", is there any way to do that without re-editing the tags?

Did you try to activate "Album Artists" in "List Options" in the library and use that ?

Myself I cannot check whether it works because my album artists tags are always set to artist.

@Dicky Herlambang in terms of output bit depth, both float and 24bit packed are the same (the only difference for output is lack of dithering or unknown dithering for floats).

@Absinthequ album artist is shown for tracks (in any category). The albums category itself bound to usual artists at the moment - this is matter of category organization, not displaying, so it can’t be changed easily. There is a separate Album Artist category (enabled via library 3-dots menu).

Hi, I've encountered two issues in this build. I'm on Android 8, HTC 10. Stock OS. 

1. I am still experiencing too low volume with High Res output, even with DVC off it still seems a bit too low. Actually, not a bit, very different! Like at without high res output, with DVC on, volume is a bit below 50%, compared to High Res DVC off, I need to go up to 75-80% to even get close.  DVC on I need to turn volume up to roughly 95%. All which turn into a problem if I start anything else than Poweramp, where my eardrums are blown away!

My current workaround is to up the Replay Gain preamp and system volume sufficiently. All my songs have RG info. However the next sound beep when you press the next song button on the headset is very loud as a result. However, this brings me to the next problem.

2. Pressing the play/pause and next song buttons on my home screen (KWLP app/background with just media play triggers attached.) Triggers the same beep as when you play/pause or go to next track using those buttons on a headset. This is new behavior from the other builds. At least as far as I can remember. (EDIT: This happens even when my headset isn't plugged in. So i can hear the sound even when on speakers...)

2 hours ago, blaubär said:

Did you try to activate "Album Artists" in "List Options" in the library and use that ?

Myself I cannot check whether it works because my album artists tags are always set to artist.

Yes, I tested that, it doesn't seem to affect the artist listings.

13 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Dicky Herlambang in terms of output bit depth, both float and 24bit packed are the same (the only difference for output is lack of dithering or unknown dithering for floats).

@Absinthequ album artist is shown for tracks (in any category). The albums category itself bound to usual artists at the moment - this is matter of category organization, not displaying, so it can’t be changed easily. There is a separate Album Artist category (enabled via library 3-dots menu).

I think you fixed most of the complaint we have about the Album Artist change from v2 to v3, so thank you for that. The problem I still see isn't major one but it still bugs the crap out me, if I went to "Artists" and clicked on "2pac" for example, I would see albums listed this way in V2:

2pac - Me Against The World
Thug Life - Volume One
2pac - Gridlock'd Soundtrack
Makaveli - The Don Killuminati The 7 Day Theory
Makaveli & Dillinger - Don't Go To Sleep EP
2pac + Outlawz - Still I Rise

Now I see this:

2pac - Me Against The World
2pac - Volume One
Various Artists - Gridlock'd Soundtrack
2pac - The Don Killuminati The 7 Day Theory
2pac - Don't Go To Sleep EP
2pac - Still I Rise

We lost all the detail in the sorting. It's not until we click on an album that it shows us the tags we want to see for individual tracks. If you go to "Album Artists" category or "Albums by Artist", then it separates these albums as completely different artists and are spread far apart. So these categories are unusable to me in most instances. Maybe this isn't an easy fix, but I wanted explain with an example of how this is bothersome and why we liked it how it was in V2 so much.

V3 is so much better of a player and that is why we complain so much. We can't go back and we can't switch to a new player. Only minor details keeping it from being perfect for some of us.

I think the option should be Album Artist tag should always be shown EVERYWHERE if exists. You can still group albums by "artist" tag, but they show "album artist" tag when looking at the list of albums under that artist. If that's possible.

Thank you @maxmp for your hard work and consideration of our requests.

On 11/15/2018 at 2:22 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-v3-build-808-uni.apk
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build 808:
• Hi-Res + DVC support for Pie + Qualcomm devices (up to 192khz)
• Hi-Res + DVC now shouldn\'t force speaker on some Qualcomm devices (Note: Xiaomis + Hi-Res still may fail if speakerphone is used e.g. for ringtone volume change while Poweramp plays)
• improved resuming after call
• new Look and Feel / Notifications / Notification Type option
• improved Volume Panel behavior
• improved double press on << >> BT buttons
• fixed Album Artists label in place of Album
• translation updates - big thanks to all our Crowdin translators!
• bug fixes

Poweramp is the no1 music player ,we all know, it has everything beautiful from ui to audio engine but one major thing it lacks is Advance backup and restore functionality... please add features to back up everything like

songs rating,  custom album art, visualiser rating, settings, custom playlist etc

2 hours ago, Asim said:

no1 music player ,we all know, it has everything beautiful from ui to audio engine but one major thing it lacks is Advance backup and restore functionality... please add features to back up everything like

songs rating,  custom album art, visualiser rating, settings, custom playlist etc 

You could export settings and then backup the app directory

Screenshot_20181116-184543_My Files.jpg

Tnx a lot guys. Recently after build 709, no updates worked on my phone.  They even didn't open. But build 808 has solve the problem. Now i can enjoy my favorite music player again, with the latest version. 😊

But still got some problems. It can't delete files. !!

Every time i want to delete a file, ask for Sd card Grant access.  And i did so,  but still can't delete.  Again the song appears.  I did the circle many times, but the problem still there. !! Can u plz solve this?

I am using Oppo F1s, Os android 5.1. Anyway,  tnx again. 

IMG_20181117_030340.jpg

2 hours ago, Matinul Haque said:

Tnx a lot guys. Recently after build 709, no updates worked on my phone.  They even didn't open. But build 808 has solve the problem. Now i can enjoy my favorite music player again, with the latest version. 😊

But still got some problems. It can't delete files. !!

Every time i want to delete a file, ask for Sd card Grant access.  And i did so,  but still can't delete.  Again the song appears.  I did the circle many times, but the problem still there. !! Can u plz solve this?

I am using Oppo F1s, Os android 5.1. Anyway,  tnx again. 

Some tweaks were done for 5.0 Android + permissions in next build. Still, some ROMs have bug in permission system, not allowing deletion from sdcards (e.g. Android 5.0 Meizu Flyme ROMs).

7 hours ago, maxmp said:

Some tweaks were done for 5.0 Android + permissions in next build. Still, some ROMs have bug in permission system, not allowing deletion from sdcards (e.g. Android 5.0 Meizu Flyme ROMs).

Tnx sir for replying so soon.Can it be solved in next update? If my phn Rom is ok?  Coz,  till build 709, everything was ok,  but after 709 no updates were working but at last built 808 got me back, with this permission grant problem. I think it can be solved by you guys,  coz it didn't happen before, i did delete songs freely and fairly by this option,  so i loved this option. 

Looking forward to solve this problem.  Tnx guys. 

Thanks Max for the update. There are still some issues with Hi-Res + DVC on the LG G7 (Android 8.0) that I would like to report.

1. With Hi-Fi Quad DAC enabled, the phone automatically has 75 levels of volume, but Poweramp doesn't detect this and still thinks it's the system default (16). Volume controls becomes kinda wonky when that happens. But when DVC  is disabled, the audio control is fine.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvmXkQrknOZehOtfiYA7j8hAH7jWJg (Video with no sound)

2. Games still mute out audio that is playing from Poweramp. (With DVC disabled this doesn't happen). It doesn't pause the music player. For some reason only Brawl Stars is fine (not detected as a game by Game Tools)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvmXkQrknOZehOteg751eRGgCZfGtA (Video)

3. With OpenSL ES Output + DVC enabled + Hi-Fi Quad DAC, there is this weird volume effect when trying to change the volume, similar issue with 1. Changing the volume is distracting enough that I don't use OpenSL ES Output and use Hi-Res with all the issues above with DVC.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvmXkQrknOZehOtd8pr5X9n6hlwxbA (Video)

@Kidsnd274 1. Right, LG approach to extra volume levels is to make it invisible to apps and send 16-level based volume only :) Many other devices have more-than-16 levels, but only LG selected the path which totally obscures these new levels. Specific solution is required for LGs and it's planned.

2. This heavily depends on: - audio focus settings, - actual audio focus API implementation in other app (some don't implement it - no way to know other play plays something due to security, etc.), - Poweramp selected output + DVC mode. In some output + DVC combinations sound subsystem may mute or change Poweramp volume.

3. Try Hi-Res output + DVC. On this device, on volume change it will somewhat jump each xx steps instead of smooth 76 volume levels, but otherwise it will be OK.

Also, selecting Volume Levels in Poweramp Audio tweaks settings will make that selected number of levels permanently enabled for PA, despite DAC settings, etc.

Archived