Poweramp Weakness: Episode 3

I'm a Shuffle guy. And believe me when I say Poweramp shuffle mode is not powerful as Google Play Music shuffle mode. Its not. 

I don't know what algorithm do they use to circulate and randomize all songs without repeating same song accidentally. That's what true shuffle mode is! 

But unfortunately we lack this in Poweramp.

I hope in the future, this issue is addressed. Because I have to listen same song... I have like over 600 songs, Poweramp can't entirely use them. Suppose I play with the song named A.mp3 and start shuffling songs, I will get the same pattern of next songs. Which is freaking annoying and disappointing! ?

Thanks for the post, but Poweramp won’t repeat songs in one shuffle session - its the same category (eg playlist or even all songs category) with one field filled with random value and sorted by that.

Shuffle session can be reset and songs will be reshuffled, latest builds do that as rarely as possible.

Clicking the song in lists, or changing shuffle modes start new shuffle session.

Ok, for example we have a folder with subfolders, how can we shuffle the categories of the folder but playing the songs in order?

The actual shuffle button plays random categories and songs in random order, how do we do the same but songs in order?

On 11/8/2018 at 1:08 AM, maxmp said:

Thanks for the post, but Poweramp won’t repeat songs in one shuffle session - its the same category (eg playlist or even all songs category) with one field filled with random value and sorted by that.

Shuffle session can be reset and songs will be reshuffled, latest builds do that as rarely as possible.

Clicking the song in lists, or changing shuffle modes start new shuffle session.

U seems very confident, it seems I have to trust you.

On 11/8/2018 at 5:29 AM, Gonzafed said:

Ok, for example we have a folder with subfolders, how can we shuffle the categories of the folder but playing the songs in order?

The actual shuffle button plays random categories and songs in random order, how do we do the same but songs in order?

While playing anything from target folder, long press shuffle (main screen shuffle button) to select Shuffle Categories.

This plays songs in order.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

While playing anything from target folder, long press shuffle (main screen shuffle button) to select Shuffle Categories.

It does play them in order, but when it jumps to the next category it goes to any list in your whole music library.

In Poweramp v2 we could do this kind of reproduction that stays inside a specific subfolder, without going anyplace different.

20 hours ago, maxmp said:

Excuse me for asking - but what exactly is a "category" ?

Does is mean "any subdivision of the currently chosen list option" ?

So in the context of folders it means a subfolder, with artists it means album ?

Does it have a meaning if there is no subdivision, for example if I play all songs or a directory without subdirectories ?

2 hours ago, blaubär said:

Excuse me for asking - but what exactly is a "category" ?

'Category' is another term for what used to be referred to as 'List' - i.e. the currently chosen playback grouping level (such as Folders, Albums, Artists, Playlists, All Songs, etc). There was often confusion with new users between the general term 'List' and the more specifically defined 'Playlist', so I think Max just wants to migrate to using the term Category instead. Unless anyone can think of a better term anyway ('Group' might be another idea?)

Andre

Archived