Poweramp

Solved the menu icon However, the 

com.maxmpz.audioplayer:ItemTrackMenu

is used on the main albumart where I set background transparent BUT also in another scenes where you select a category such as genres, rock

In my view this level should also display ItemTrackMenu as in the other Library scenes where the background is set

An example is shown in the rhs screenshot

genres_duo.png

It turns out the icons shown above each individual library category (eg all songs, albums etc) is the same icon as the icons shown in the library top view. 

Remains

1. the search icon

- it does not have the same style applied as other icons in Poweramp ( com.maxmpz.audioplayer:colorIconPrimary)

- went through all the xml files and did not find any reference to it

- at the category level eg Genre, Rock, it changes to white but  no icon style  com.maxmpz.audioplayer:colorIconPrimary

2. the different style of the ItemTrackMenuItem also at the eg Genre, Rock level

@maxmp can you confirm/comment on the 2 points above

library.png

@flyingdutchman Search icon style has the same definition as other (header) icons.

You can redefine its background on multiple levels:

- you can change icon style itself:

<style name="SampleSkin" parent="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:style/Base_ActivityTheme_Default">
	<item name="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:ItemHeaderSearchButton">@style/ItemHeaderSearchButton</item>
</style>
<style name="ItemHeaderSearchButton" parent="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:ItemHeaderSearchButton">
	<item name="android:background">@drawable/ripple_button</item>
</style>

- or you can change the color which is used in the button drawables (colorBgInverse) - this will change all the appropriate backgrounds as well:

<item name="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:colorBgInverse">#00f</item>

On 9/29/2019 at 1:46 PM, maxmp said:

@flyingdutchman Search icon style has the same definition as other (header) icons.

You can redefine its background on multiple levels:

- you can change icon style itself:

<style name="SampleSkin" parent="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:style/Base_ActivityTheme_Default">
	<item name="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:ItemHeaderSearchButton">@style/ItemHeaderSearchButton</item>
</style>
<style name="ItemHeaderSearchButton" parent="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:ItemHeaderSearchButton">
	<item name="android:background">@drawable/ripple_button</item>
</style>

- or you can change the color which is used in the button drawables (colorBgInverse) - this will change all the appropriate backgrounds as well:

<item name="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:colorBgInverse">#00f</item>

@maxmp, still struggling to find the artifacts for the lowest level. (see screenshot with arrow) I think I understand the naming, indicating certain levels and that I am dealing with ItemText... In Itemtext.xml  you indicate the levels

Special:    
    - header
    - scene_top_header
    - scene_search_header
    - menu
    == +4

Total: 6

I have overridden 

<item name="ItemTextMenu">@style/ItemTextMenu</item>
        <item name="ItemTextMenu_scene_menu">@style/ItemTextMenu_scene_menu</item>
        <item name="ItemTextMenu_scene_header">@style/ItemTextMenu_scene_header</item>
        <item name="ItemTextMenu_scene_search_header">@style/ItemTextMenu_scene_search_header</item>
        <item name="ItemTextMenu_scene_top_header">@style/ItemTextMenu_scene_top_header</item>
but to no avail.

I would really appreciate your help with this one.

menu.png

@maxmp I checked all artifacts with Menu references but was unable to find the menu showing at the lowest level. Can you give me a hint please ?

ItemTextAAImage_scene_item_menu
ItemTextTitle_scene_item_menu
ItemTextLine2_scene_item_menu
ItemTextMenu
ItemTextMenu_scene_menu
ItemTextMenu_scene_search_header
ItemTextMenu_scene_header
ItemTextMenu_scene_top_header
ItemTextHeaderSelectButton_scene_menu

ItemTrackCatImage_scene_item_menu  ( error: resource com.maxmpz.audioplayer:style/ItemTrackCatImage_scene_item_menu not found. )

I believe I finally resolved it. This style had the effect of showing the default black circle with 3 dots. By removing it it seems all is now behaving as expected

<style name="yaps_ItemTrackMenu_hide" parent="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:ItemTrackMenu">
    <item name="android:visibility">invisible</item>

</style>

Ok, thanks for the info.

The default theme is spread over multiple files. Usually those named like "styles-x.xml" where x is a style prefix, e.g. styles-top.xml for "TopPlay" style. But it's just easier to do a files search over (reference resource) xmls to find definition/references.