Poweramp
9d2

No album advance on BT double-click

Hi there!

I am a very frecuent user of Poweramp. I've moved from a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F) to a Huawei Mate 20 pro (LYA-L29).

On this new model, a double-click on the forward button of a bluetooth headset (the car, in my case), doesn't move the track to the next list. Only advances two tracks on the same list.

This is very frustrating, because if you want to go two albums forward while you are driving, you have to pass almost 30 track one by one.

The double click tag is marked on the settings.

This happens on V2 and on V3. I am currently using v3-build-804-uni (Full version).

I checked that functionality and double click actually never did any category changes. Added to backlog - probably this feature will be added with the actions-assignable-to-media-buttons milestone.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

I checked that functionality and double click actually never did any category changes

It always has for me when I'm using the car control buttons (still does as far as I know, it did a couple of builds ago anyway).

Andre

Long click is only handled for << and >> buttons. Though some bt devices refuse to send long clicks and send seek commands.

At the previous terminal, if you push the >> BT button twice, Poweramp jumped to the next list, like if you have pushed the advanced button of >>>.

Now it doesn't do that.

Yeah, I looked further and seems like Android often doesn't report the button source from BT headsets (the button presses look the same as from e.g. lockscreen). Should be fixed in the next build.

For what it's worth, I checked again today and double-clicking on my car stereo's track control does indeed still trigger a List change (e.g. next or prev album) in PA on my Android 6.0.1 Galaxy Note 3.

Andre

Yes.

It has clearly something to do with the android version.

The same build (any build, indeed) worked for me under Android 6. But now, under EMUI 9 over Android 9, it doesn't work.

I have installed the latest build and now it works fine.

For me this post is closed and fixed.

Thank you for such a fast response and solution!