Title fading

djdarko

Would it be difficult to add a fade in/out effect for the titles across the artwork?

My suggestion is to fade in the titles when the artwork is touched (gestured).

Swipe Up (on artwork) gesture can be used to show the titles when they are hidden because it has no real function.

The titles would fade out after 2 or 3 seconds being idle.

You could add it as an option within the skin called "title fading".

There are plans to add skin option to move titles below cover (the same way it’s done in Sample skin), thus such hiding probably won’t be needed.

Also swipe up action is reserved for the additional actions like category change (similar to Chrome page down + left / right / center gestures).

1 minute ago, maxmp said:

There are plans to add skin option to move titles below cover (the same way it’s done in Sample skin), thus such hiding probably won’t be needed.

Also swipe up action is reserved for the additional actions like category change (similar to Chrome page down + left / right / center gestures).

Thanks for the reply Max! Another idea would be to change the tap/hold art actions to do this, since those have the same function as down swipe (taking you to the list) and tapping the 3 dots on the art (info display) respectively.

Just throwing out ideas, I'm looking forward new versions.

12 hours ago, maxmp said:

+1 on this! Really hope Max this would be added. So to make PA slim and use the builtin skins. I do not like having so much skins on my PA.

On 11/3/2018 at 11:48 PM, invaderzim said:

+1 on this! Really hope Max this would be added. So to make PA slim and use the builtin skins. I do not like having so much skins on my PA.

Me neither, I uninstalled all skins and am using the default myself. I don't even mind the titles being across the art, I just think it would add even more flare with a fade out effect added.

I think it would be a lot more accepted by the masses when V3 goes public.

A related featured would be to make the titles across the albums view only appear while your finger is touching the screen, the titles could disappear when your finger is released.

567310685_Screenshot_2018-11-05-18-44-26(1).thumb.jpg.b92e682ec1fa37a2be33fc1f163fc654.jpg

On 11/4/2018 at 9:36 PM, djdarko said:

Me neither, I uninstalled all skins and am using the default myself. I don't even mind the titles being across the art, I just think it would add even more flare with a fade out effect added.

I think it would be a lot more accepted by the masses when V3 goes public.

A related featured would be to make the titles across the albums view only appear while your finger is touching the screen, the titles could disappear when your finger is released.

567310685_Screenshot_2018-11-05-18-44-26(1).thumb.jpg.b92e682ec1fa37a2be33fc1f163fc654.jpg

Mastodon.??

On 11/4/2018 at 1:09 AM, maxmp said:

Hi Max, please include us in your next build. TIA.

9 hours ago, invaderzim said:

Hi Max, please include us in your next build. TIA.

It would be progressive if he includes it, but a title fading option would still be preferred (for me), because it would keep the UI aesthetics that Max originally designed while having un-obscured cover art - the best of both worlds!

Also, when moving the titles below the art, the player generally needs to scale the size of the art down, making it too small, and leaving margins on the sides.

As for the swipe up thing, there can be other ways to quickly display the titles without changing songs, for example a slight nudge, or expand gesture (using two fingers) across the art could do it.

Archived