Poweramp
Madhav Nemani

Volume Issue on Bluetooth over Hi Res Output on MIUI

Music plays at maximum volume on bluetooth device when Hi Res Output is enabled. It stays at the highest level even when Android media volume is reduced to minimum. I observed this bug only on MIUI. My friend running Android One device has not encountered the problem even though he has the same version of Poweramp.

I am running Poweramp v3 802 play build(beta)(latest on play store as of 22nd OCT)

Device: Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 running MIUI 10.

Thanks for the report. Probably something related to MIUI10 @ Pie, as it works OK on MIUI10 @ Android8.

Do you use non-default number of volume levels in Poweramp?

Sorry, I was on MIUI 10 Oreo based ROM. And no I did not use any different volume levels just DVC and Hi Res output. By the way I changed to Lineage OS and I didn't face the issue on it with the same settings.

Hello. I have exactly the same problem, I am running android 8.0 on Sony Xperia XZ2 compact. 

I have tried a couple of wireless headsets that I owned and all have this problem. Strangely, if I toggle the DVC on/ off while Poweramp is playing the music with my headset connected(doesn't matter if it's on of off, just have to change it to the other way once), then this fix the problem temporarily. However, every time you reconnect the bluetooth headset, the same volume problem occurs again. This happens no matter DVC is on or off, and I am using default number of volume levels. This only happens on hi-res output as far as I am aware.

I think this may only happen on specific devices? I have also tested this on my older Xperia X also running android 8.0 and this bug does not happen.

17 hours ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the report. Probably something related to MIUI10 @ Pie, as it works OK on MIUI10 @ Android8.

Do you use non-default number of volume levels in Poweramp?

As someone else commented here too the issue is probably with HiRes and DVC enabled together. Please fix it in the next Poweramp beta update