(814) Car bluetooth reports incorrect track numbers

Yttersta

Hello!

Devices tested: Huawei P9, Mate 9, and HTC 10

Folder structure used, album track count and track information are correct in track metadata and/or cue sheets.

Test Example: An album of (let's say) 10 songs. When the first track is being played, Poweramp reports 2/10. When the penultimate (9th) track is being played, Poweramp reports 10/10. When the last track (actual 10th) is being played it fails to display track counter in car display and simply shows "Track: " instead of "Track: 10/10"

Track numbers in my car did not work at all until v3 release in any of the devices aforementioned. I have realised the issue at beta 797, and it has been persistent since.

Edit: Photos added

IMG_20181023_160732.jpg

Screenshot_20181023-160716.jpg

Screenshot_20181027-112857.jpg

On 10/22/2018 at 9:24 AM, Yttersta said:

Test Example: An album of (let's say) 10 songs. When the first track is being played, Poweramp reports 2/10. When the penultimate (9th) track is being played, Poweramp reports 10/10. When the last track (actual 10th) is being played it fails to display track counter in car display and simply shows "Track: " instead of "Track: 10/10"

Hmm Never noticed before recently but I see the same thing. I have a Kenwood head unit in one car that only shows track run-time but I've just acquired a 2nd car with a modern (3 year old) head unit (well, I say modern, but the OS is a re-worked android 4.x!). Now this  shows all the correct song title/artist/album but, like yours, shows the incorrect track number. Not sure if it's a BT bug or generic PA bug. But not got around to testing other players yet.

• 2 weeks later...

With mine, I have 8000+ songs on my phone which I always have on 'shuffle all songs'. The numbers say things like '3/8000' and increment by 1 for each song. Not checked to see if the numbering persists over a reboot or anything like that though as, for me anyway, I'm not usually that interested in which track number it is.

• 1 month later...

Still no fix at version 814, I'm updating the OP accordingly. I have tested this to be a persistent bug in nearly every car I have been to and with all phones I have at hand that are at or above Android 6.

At least an admission of the bug actually existing and is under work would be most welcome at this point.

Archived