Poweramp
MaxBax

Space character in search disappears

I have been struggling with this problem since the first builds of Poweramp v3 I guess, I'm not entirely sure.

Basically, when searching, if you type a space character immediately after a word, the space itself gets deleted.

If you wait for a second it works fine but obviously this is not the intended behaviour.

Don't know if this could help but I am using Google Keyboard on a Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android 8.1

On 10/29/2018 at 4:03 PM, MaxBax said:

I can't be the only one facing this issue, right? ?

I don't use the search function so I've never noticed before now.

I tested to confirm it does delete the space when you hit it quickly after tying a word.

Specifically, it happens when I type more than 1 letter. If I type 1 letter then space, it works correctly.

This little bug has been mentioned before, I assumed it had been corrected by now but I guess it slipped through. @maxmp could you maybe correct this when you get a chance?

Andre

On 11/27/2018 at 9:37 AM, andrewilley said:

This little bug has been mentioned before, I assumed it had been corrected by now but I guess it slipped through. @maxmp could you maybe correct this when you get a chance?

Andre

I got Poweramp v3 Build 812 but still no sign of a fix

Been 2 months and I'm still waiting for a fix

Is it really that hard to fix? I don't think so

It really ruins my user experience 

Sorry, not possible to reproduce (even on the same Xiaomi A1 @ 8.1). Do you use some non-stock keyboard?

On 12/22/2018 at 12:58 PM, maxmp said:

Sorry, not possible to reproduce (even on the same Xiaomi A1 @ 8.1). Do you use some non-stock keyboard?

It's google keyboard, I'll try to make a video to show it

EDIT: here's a link https://streamable.com/gphr6

Merry Christmas by the way, thank you for this beautiful app

Tested with my phone. No issue with space when rapid searching or typing. Im using Android 8.1 with 3rd party keyboard. User may need to reconfig google keyboard.

It should also be noted that I factory reset my phone less than a week ago but it still doesn't work correctly, will try messing around with google keyboard settings

Tried messing around in gboard settings with no luck and since I can replicate the issue with Swiftkey I'm assuming it's not related to the keyboard

11 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Have you tried uninstalling SwiftKey to see if that may be related to the problem?

I installed swiftkey just to check with another keyboard, but the problem is still there, I already uninstalled it