Poweramp Build 807 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

Can we have an automatic update feature for non Play Store licenses of the app?

I feel like I am pirating for all the manual APK downloading and installing I am doing :$

A way to convert your license to Play Store would also be acceptable.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, 4sure said:

Good sounding and beautiful player ever! Thanks very much!

On my LG G3, Android 5.1, build 802 works perfectly with Hi-Res output. Some improvements are highly recommended:

1. If a playlist has tracks of different sample rate, i.e. 44.1KHZ, 96KHZ, and so on, we have no choice to avoid resamlper, because we have to select sample rate manually. Suppose we select 44.1KHZ manually in the menu and our track has 192KHZ. All we have here will be a downsampling to 44.1KHZ, while our hardware may have native capability of sample rate from 44.1KHZ to 192KHZ. Do we have to select sample rate manually before each track begins to avoid resampler? Can we be comfortable with this? The solution might be to also give automatic mode in the same menu where we select sample rate. Please guide me if I am wrong.
  2. In the same manu where we select sample rate, as well as in the Output option (in Hi-Res Output), KHZ is written as khz, violating uniformity with the Home Screen. This is pretty a cosmetic issue, may well be ignored out.

Thanks again for making such a good audio player!

Does anybody have any experience with the avoiding of resampling ?

The idea seems plausilbe - why scale up a 44.1 kHz mp3 to 48 kHz or higher ?

Does anybody hear a difference ?

Should this use less power ? Or is the default android "audiotrack output" still better optimized ?

11 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

well the bugs are still not fixed with the 802.   still jumping to the first song in playlist but the same "time" in the song after connecting to bluetooth quite often.   and when shuffle is on it breaks and have to be turned off and back on as well.   I am surprised I'm the only one having this problem.   

I have it too

3 hours ago, kam333 said:

#MeToo! 

Just to clarify: Jumping to the first song in playlist when returning to the app after not using it for an hour or more.

I see it when I connect to the car Bluetooth in the morning. Then when I get to work with my Bluetooth headset. I leave that on all day so I also see it after returning to the app after a hour or more. Then when I jump in the car to head home I see it again when switching to the car. Can't say for sure it's every time but I have noticed it is a lot.

17 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

well the bugs are still not fixed with the 802.   still jumping to the first song in playlist but the same "time" in the song after connecting to bluetooth quite often.   and when shuffle is on it breaks and have to be turned off and back on as well.   I am surprised I'm the only one having this problem.   

I have it too. The only response that I ever received was on September 12 when @maxmp told me this:

"Poweramp saves track position on pause, track itself - on track change.  If you're getting non-recent track / position - Poweramp had no chance to save at all - it was killed or crashed (you'll get suggestion to send error)."

Problem is that I never receive errors or crash reports or anything. I have no idea what could be causing it. I don't think it's something that I'm doing wrong as I haven't changed a thing. The only change was Poweramp.

14 hours ago, blaubär said:

Does anybody have any experience with the avoiding of resampling ?

The idea seems plausilbe - why scale up a 44.1 kHz mp3 to 48 kHz or higher ?

Does anybody hear a difference ?

Should this use less power ? Or is the default android "audiotrack output" still better optimized ?

That's one of the proposals for further development in another thread as soon as v3 steady is released. Native playback.

15 hours ago, Pofuduk said:

Can we have an automatic update feature for non Play Store licenses of the app?

You can subscribe to the beta updates in Google Play, use the Google link in the first post. That way you will get beta updates as well as general release ones. Sometimes they will be a little behind the versions on the forum though if Max wants to test things out here first.

Andre

9 hours ago, blaubär said:

You CAN define and use equalizer settings. Use the "Save" Button.

Screenshot_20181025-050534_Poweramp.jpg

Ok!
But I can switch from equalization to a specific song or a folder? In Version 2 this was possible. Where are the options for:
- Folder
- Music

Version 3 only these:  see attached image

Screenshot_2018-10-25-09-49-27-515_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

52 minutes ago, McFit said:

Since the last update an old issue is back. 

When i start Poweramp and chose a song, it switch back to the first song in the list after ~30 seconds. 

That issue is related to what we was talking about several posts before yours.    That happens to me all the time.   usually when it connects to bluetooth after not being used for awhile.   But sometimes right after disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth.   

20 hours ago, kam333 said:

#MeToo! 

Just to clarify: Jumping to the first song in playlist when returning to the app after not using it for an hour or more. 

not neccessarily not using it for an hour or more.   I got in the car and left but came back because i forgot something.   went in the house for a few seconds got back in the car and as i was pulling out of the driveway it changed back to the first song in the playlist.  but in the middle of the song I guess the same time code the last song was on.

Archived