Poweramp Build 807 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

@maxmp

6 hours ago, djdarko said:

I will test if my other devices have the same problem.

I now tested on my Nexus 7 (2nd Gen) (Lineage 15.1)

Same result:

Another strange thing I noticed, if you tap Play then Pause quickly, it will show it then fade/hide it again as before.

So maybe related to the fade effect, or album art contract/expand effect when play/pause is pressed.

Screenshot_Poweramp_20181020-170310.thumb.png.0b3e1d358e187e10f6c03d1e61a939cd.pngScreenshot_Poweramp_20181020-170316.thumb.png.34939f05fac755ebe454ddfe7ffcb226.png

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Thanks for the new release. I've found a new UI issue, the waves are not visible, when you have light album art, see the screenshot.

What still not resolved, as I wrote in the other topic for the previous release (799), the sound mixing (when a notification comes in), or when I adjust the volume makes the sound/music playing distorted (only with Poweramp, not with eg. YouTube), very very annoying, and since this is a basic functionality, please please fix it ASAP! I can send a video, if you like. What's more, the wired headset Hi-Res mode stopped working.

I'm on OnePlus 6, now on Android 9 - it wasn't happening on Android 8.1, I'm so sad, I regret I've upgraded :(

Thanks, antivirtel

Screenshot_20181020-180632.jpg

7 minutes ago, antivirtel said:

I've found a new UI issue, the waves are not visible, when you have light album art, see the screenshot.

That is not a new issue, we've been reporting on that for months.

A temporary fix:

Settings > Background > Background Intensity = 85%

37 minutes ago, djdarko said:

That is not a new issue, we've been reporting on that for months.

A temporary fix:

Settings > Background > Background Intensity = 85%

Or use alternative skin black sample with no blur background, is always black so you see them ok. In latest build works again.

I'd like to inform that the bug with hierarchy folder sorting has been resolved it seems. Folders remain in alphabetical order. I even deleted an entire subfolder, rescanned to make sure the listing was gone, and copied it back over and re scanned again. After doing this it appeared in the correct order. I even did again, and i was surprised to see the folder appear instantaneously without having to rescan. Good stuff. Would still appreciate an option to select folder specific sorting, but this will definitely do. Will definitely keep a look out for any other issues.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:17 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-v3-build-801-uni.apk
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build 801:
• fixed crash due to the translation bug in Spanish
• fixed notification colorize issue for some devices

Build 800:
• website purchase doesn't require Google services anymore
• bug fixes

I just encountered a minor problem with 801 : when I play the ( here appended ) song the player doesn't stop at the end but instead resumes playing from the beginning, then stops after some seconds. Perhaps another problem with the determinations of duration of song ?

I use artist / album, the song is the last one in the album, there is a picture embedded in the song, and i've chosen another picture for the album (here appended), which is the one shown by the player.

Screenshot_20181021-082108_Poweramp.jpg

You Can Depend On Me (mono).mp3

Dexter Gordon - Daddy Plays The Horn.jpg

The physical (hardware/capacitive) 'Menu' button still does not work on 801. I've been reporting this since around build 790.

Does it work for other people, as I can't believe it's related to my system as I've tried it on several devices (all Samsung though)?

Andre

59 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The physical (hardware/capacitive) 'Menu' button still does not work on 801. I've been reporting this since around build 790.

Does it work for other people, as I can't believe it's related to my system as I've tried it on several devices (all Samsung though)?

Andre

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, hardware Menu button also not working - I'm pressing it and nothing happens. In other apps button opens menu [wow]

29 minutes ago, Zankes said:

So no one answered my question. Is there way to disable album art completely from this view?

Older version had it but on 800 I don't see the option in the menu. Will it come back as an option?

There is currently no way to disable it from the player screen.

@maxmp is the only one who can answer if the option will come back.

In Album view, the tag under the album name is not the album artist, rather it is the shortest artist name in the album. Please fix this so that in album view we see the album artist tag below the album name for each album.

1.jpg

3.jpg

1 hour ago, ZKRT said:

In Album view, the tag under the album name is not the album artist, rather it is the shortest artist name in the album. Please fix this so that in album view we see the album artist tag below the album name for each album.

Currently, this is by design as some unified (across all categories) representation of track is needed.
As PA animates same track everywhere, it can't change e.g. Artist label during such transitions => as it looks like broken animation.

As you can navigate e.g. from Album Artists (imagine, PA shows album artists tag there) => Main Screen => menu Artist. Now you have usual Artist songs list for given track, but tag visually mismatches the artist.

This will be polished soon in some builds right after release (there will be an option to force either album artist tag if available, or use old approach).

3 hours ago, djdarko said:

There is currently no way to disable it from the player screen.

@maxmp is the only one who can answer if the option will come back.

There is no such option. But as it requested frequently it will be added, probably.

I only need to know what exactly do you want to see in place of Album Art? Default image (zigzag)?

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

There is just no menu now. 

For main screen, it can be track context menu (though, there can be 2+ tracks on the screen during animation or swipe - OK, I can disable it when 2 tracks shown).

As for other screens, the only other option is to show that Settings / Changelog / Help panel. But then there is inconsistency in menu button depending on screen.

33 minutes ago, maxmp said:

There is just no menu now. 

For main screen, it can be track context menu (though, there can be 2+ tracks on the screen during animation or swipe - OK, I can disable it when 2 tracks shown).

As for other screens, the only other option is to show that Settings / Changelog / Help panel. But then there is inconsistency in menu button depending on screen.

I think just showing the settings/changelog/help menu anytime the button is pressed is the best option.

8 hours ago, blaubär said:

I just encountered a minor problem with 801 : when I play the ( here appended ) song the player doesn't stop at the end but instead resumes playing from the beginning, then stops after some seconds. Perhaps another problem with the determinations of duration of song ?

I use artist / album, the song is the last one in the album, there is a picture embedded in the song, and i've chosen another picture for the album (here appended), which is the one shown by the player.

Screenshot_20181021-082108_Poweramp.jpg

You Can Depend On Me (mono).mp3

Dexter Gordon - Daddy Plays The Horn.jpg

And another one : after the last song in the album the player didn't stop, but restarted the song just played, then stopped after some seconds. I then restarted the last song to see whether this would be reproducible - it was, sort of : The player now notified me that it had finished the list, the play-Button appeared (so far correct ), but then it resumed the last song and didn't stop. The static seek bar showed progress in its first bar, which repeatedly switched on and off.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:17 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-v3-build-801-uni.apk
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build 801:
• fixed crash due to the translation bug in Spanish
• fixed notification colorize issue for some devices

Build 800:
• website purchase doesn't require Google services anymore
• bug fixes

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global

Screenshot_2018-10-21-12-22-31-749_com-compressed.jpg

Archived