Poweramp Build 807 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp-v3-build-806-uni.apk
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build 806:
• WavPack updated to v5, includes WV DSD support (you may need to do a full rescan)
• DSD512/1024 now supported
• Queue now always ignores any shuffle and repeat modes
• new Library / Lists / A-Z Scroll option
• new Look and Feel / Player UI / Album Artist Label option
• better BT handling for some Android 9 devices (Pixels, Xiaomis, Sonys)
• Show On Lock Screen option now shows warning regarding e.g. Xiaomi lock screen permission
• translation updates - big thanks to all our Crowdin translators!

Why Persian language removed

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost cried when had seen the WavPack line c':

Although it's been working nice with high quality compression files (-hh) it doesn't seem to work with files that has extra processing (-x1~6) yet, which still isn't added to the library but can be opened externally with file explorers. But that was a really good step forward already!

The DSD playback seem to be working flawlessly, including the WavPack files that contains a DSD stream on them ?

Thanks Max '3'

1 hour ago, monkeybutt said:

YAAASSSSS!!!! FINALLY

No, now the only way to shuffle all albums of an artist is making a playlist and it is like 10 steps to do, and I have over 400 artists. This is stupid when alpha before beta and beta release candidate, used to be 3 steps. Used to be Library>Artist>The Artist>Shuffle and work. Now, it is without queue, Library>Artist>The Artist>Long Press Album>All>Playlist>Create Playlist>back to Library>Playlist>the Playlist>shuffle. That would take forever for 400+ artists. Yes, it is a Monkey Butt way to do it now.

Actually, Monkey Butt is easier to deal with than shuffling all albums of an artist now.

Guess, I am just not going to do it anymore.

30 minutes ago, AllCoreListener said:

Guess, I am just not going to do it anymore.

Are you trying to play full albums in random order, or all songs by the artist in random order?

If the latter, couldn't you just set the player to "shuffle songs", then go to "all artist songs" and play a random track from the list? This will result in shuffling all songs.

From what I just tested, this seems to have the same result as the 10 step process you described.

5 minutes ago, djdarko said:

Are you trying to play full albums in random order, or all songs by the artist in random order?

If the latter, couldn't you just set the player to "shuffle songs", then go to "all artist songs" and play a random track from the list? This will result in shuffling all songs.

All of albums from the artist in random order, and used to be like I said before Library>Artist>The Artist> and just tap shuffle and would work. Has not been this way since Alpha.

When I have full studio albums of an artist discography, the new way is the longest hassle ever.

1 minute ago, AllCoreListener said:

All of albums from the artist in random order, and used to be like I said before Library>Artist>The Artist> and just tap shuffle and would work. Has not been this way since Alpha.

OK, so full albums with their songs in order, but the albums played in random order?

If Max were to implement "Shuffle (random sort)" into "List Options: Artist Albums" that would do the trick. Not sure if that would result in other problems though.

9 minutes ago, djdarko said:

OK, so full albums with their songs in order, but the albums played in random order?

If Max were to implement "Shuffle (random sort)" into "List Options: Artist Albums" that would do the trick. Not sure if that would result in other problems though.

You know how selecting All Songs in library tapping shuffle works? It did the same under Artist under the Artist selected then tap shuffle, with all albums under the Artist. It shuffle all albums with songs different random order in Alpha but newer releases it was removed. I guess, I am going to repeat it in different detail ways before I can actually get what used to be there back or just not say anymore and deal without the option to do it again, because things that I would like to use is usually ignored, except the scrobbling is the only thing I ask is going to be dealt with, and rest ignored.

9 minutes ago, AllCoreListener said:

You know how selecting All Songs in library tapping shuffle works? It did the same under Artist under the Artist selected then tap shuffle, with all albums under the Artist. It shuffle all albums with songs different random order in Alpha but newer releases it was removed. I guess, I am going to repeat it in different detail ways before I can actually get what used to be there back.

OK, sorry for the confusion.

I hope I understand now. You mean whole albums with their tracks out of order, but played together?

Album Y (6,9,2,8,1,3,7,10,5,4)

Album A (9,2,8,1,3,7,10,5,4,6)

Album Z (2,8,1,3,7,10,5,4,6,9)

11 minutes ago, djdarko said:

OK, sorry for the confusion.

I hope I understand now. You mean whole albums with their tracks out of order, but played together?

Album Y (6,9,2,8,1,3,7,10,5,4)

Album A (9,2,8,1,3,7,10,5,4,6)

Album Z (2,8,1,3,7,10,5,4,6,9)

Exactly, but it is gone and not coming back because usually when I ask for something, it never happens. Raises hands in, Oh well. I guess the scrobbling is the one time deal for me. Not sure why it was removed in the first place.

13 minutes ago, AllCoreListener said:

Exactly, but it is gone and not coming back because usually when I ask for something, it never happens. Raises hands in, Oh well. I guess the scrobbling is the one time deal for me. Not sure why it was removed in the first place.

A slight improvisation in case it doesn't come back would be to set the player to "advance list" and "shuffle songs", then just play the first album in the list.

The album order will be based on your list settings, but it's the closest/simplest thing I can think of.

20 minutes ago, djdarko said:

A slight improvisation in case it doesn't come back would be to set the player to "advance list" and "shuffle songs", then just play the first album in the list.

The album order will be based on your list settings, but it's the closest/simplest thing I can think of.

How exactly do I do that?

Nevermind, set to list in list options then tap shuffle should work. I will try it and see if it works.

Nope, it still plays one album in order and stops after it.

Don't understand the point of having a shuffle button all over the app under different sections of library that do not work at all but only All Songs works.

10 minutes ago, djdarko said:

It's working correctly here. Are your settings set like this?

2121674860_Capture_2018-11-09-17-35-23.thumb.png.46d1e8b009294ab062d7b17008d39a76.pngScreenshot_2018-11-09-17-38-28.thumb.png.31f8b1586f1201d908da3e23fdceca46.png

Nope, but will try that.

Edit: keeps doing the same thing. I will go to library>artist>the artist>tap shuffle and I have the repeat (advanced list) of the same as you shown there with shuffle, and still selects one album out of the artist and in order and ends at the end with no shuffling at all. I skip with swiping to the left to get through the songs and it just stops at the end song of album.

If I use the press and hold album and select all, queue was taken away from shuffling from this last release, and only option next is playlist, and I already said that takes too long for over 400 artists.

I actually had it advanced list and shuffle songs/category but I changed it to shuffle songs, and started with one song from album then swiped and went to another album and continued with in order of next album and stayed in order with no shuffling. First album with one song, then rest were in order of all albums.

Tired of trying, and going to give up.

I think if I want to listen to a discography just play it with tapping play and let it play through all albums in order because there is just no other way.

I noticed after all that you asked me to do it added stuff into the queue without me putting it there. I usually, most of the time just go into all songs, and then tap shuffle songs and just listen that way but I am now thinking after the removal of the discography shuffling of an artist removed, then this is going to be removed too. Just because I like to listen to music shuffled. I am going to be the last and only one liking it, and it will be taken away.

6 hours ago, maxmp said:

Album artist label is shown instead of Artist (if album artist tag exists for the track) (this is the description to that option and it's hard to add something else to it).

Ok found the option. However when enabled it behave strangely possibly because I choose to display artist before album name. It now displays Album Artist - Artist, which most likely are the same. Isn't that supposed to show Album Artist - Album Name? 

33 minutes ago, AllCoreListener said:

library>artist>the artist>tap shuffle

Enable the buttons I showed earlier, then:

library>artist>the artist>

Then click into the first album in the list, and select a random song.

If you have the track number displayed, it will say 1/??

Even though that isn't track 1 of the album it will show it as track 1, this is the first indicator that it's working correctly, then you can test and swipe through songs, at the end of the album it should play through the to next album and mix the tracks just as the first album.

45 minutes ago, djdarko said:

Enable the buttons I showed earlier, then:

library>artist>the artist>

Then click into the first album in the list, and select a random song.

If you have the track number displayed, it will say 1/??

Even though that isn't track 1 of the album it will show it as track 1, this is the first indicator that it's working correctly, then you can test and swipe through songs, at the end of the album it should play through the to next album and mix the tracks just as the first album.

Just did exactly what you just wrote and first album shows only one album and first track as 1 like you said, then swiped through and it stayed only on that album only and ended when at the end. Do not know why it won't work for me. S7 Edge Oreo.

Every time I select shuffle button it automatically goes back to shuffle songs/category after it was advanced list and shuffle songs and only plays in order of that first album and ends at last song of album.

Edit: no matter how many ways I even try, it just does not randomize the albums in an artist.

2 hours ago, tukanglistrik said:

Ok found the option. However when enabled it behave strangely possibly because I choose to display artist before album name. It now displays Album Artist - Artist, which most likely are the same. Isn't that supposed to show Album Artist - Album Name? 

Super super happy maxmp added this album artists option!! Don't know if it's working correctly everywhere...

One of main places I want to see it isn't working. If I go to the library and artists/ or albums/ I still see the albums listed by "artist" tag. Once I click an album I see the album artist tag and if I play the song I see it. But not when viewing the album lists. Which is where I want it the most. 

Look at the "unite" album on My screenshots below and they show what you and I both said. Artist is (hed)p.e. and album artist is Jahred

Screenshot_20181109-221124.png

Screenshot_20181109-221131.png

6 hours ago, AllCoreListener said:

No, now the only way to shuffle all albums of an artist is making a playlist and it is like 10 steps to do, and I have over 400 artists.

Are your songs have an Album Artist tag? If yes, in the Library menu > List Options > tick Album Artist. It will now appear in the list. Tap on AA and it will show you the Artists' albums. Tap on one and it will present you all of the Albums. Tap on All Album Artists Songs. Play 1 song and set Shuffle Songs.

Hope this is what you want. I usually play this way having all the albums shuffled.

Screenshot_20181110-133336.jpg

Archived