Jump to content

Poweramp Build 807 (Release Candidate)


maxmp
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Dan Todo said:

The web site unlocker that I'l have been using for some years now, it's not working with v.804 . I'm back on 803 which works perfect on my HTC.So it's not a complain, it's just for you guys to know that something it's wrong.

The last build you can unlock with website unlocker is 588... 

Build 803 is no different in this regard.

Please use Settings / Already purchased / Website.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: play update and license - this was not changed. Play version can’t be unlocked with website purchase - this is strictly enforced Play rule.

Though, once unlocked with website version, you can install Play version over website one and website license state will be kept.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018/10/20 at 6:17 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-v3-build-804-uni.apk
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build 804:
• tweaks for Xiaomi / BT / Hi-Res output volume issue
• tweaks to reduce current list state resets
• this build resets website license status, but website purchase survives firmware updates better now

Build 803:
• fixed click on resume
• disabled Xing replay gain tag support, as it interferes with "usual" RG tags
• tweaks to reduce sudden "stop" on track end
• tweaks to avoid crash on some Oppo devices

 

Build 802:
• support for MusicFX on MIUI
• visualization state is saved more frequently
• folders hierarchy shuffle improvements
• hardware menu button expands navbar
• fixed widget color selection on smaller screens

Build 801:
• fixed crash due to the translation bug in Spanish
• fixed notification colorize issue for some devices

Build 800:
• website purchase doesn't require Google services anymore
• bug fixes

 

hahah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2018 at 6:36 AM, Mr. Make Believe said:

Hi Max, Thnx for the updates. Maybe my latest testresults can be interesting for you to make gapless playback work better (If it needs fixing since that is the question, let me explain).

I've been testing different files since @mr_space sent me a couple of files that play gapless on his setup. He uses the same phone, some OS, etc. and runs his files with Poweramp from a SD card. The funny thing is, his files play gapless on my phone from SD as well. He uses XLD (mac) to encode, while I use CDEX (Windows). Both use the Lame encoder. The audio info shows that my files and his files are both gapless. Still there seems to be a difference in the files. His files have a lower bitrate, so I re-encoded some of my files in lower bitrate with CDEX to see if that makes a difference but bitrate and filesize doesn't seem to be the issue. So; same setup, same encoder, differnet results. 

Somehow, CDEX seems to fail in making the files truelly gapless. While I find this really strange since it uses the same encoder (LAME, I tried different versions) the fact that mr_space's files did play gapless encouraged me to try different ripping software. So I installed EAC with the latest LAME codec and re-encoded some of my files. And... the magic medicine worked. The newly encoded files ripped straight from CD with EAC using the latest version of LAME are being played gapless with Poweramp, while the files ripped straight from CD with CDEX using the latest version of LAME are not.

Still I hope you can fix this @maxmp with re-adding the "remove silence" function Poweramp used to have. Gapless worked fine with my old files on V2 by increasing the buffer and activating the "remove silence" feature. The "remoce silence" feature isn't avaialble in V3. If this can't be fixed within Poweramp, I'm affrraid I have to re-encode the albums that need gapless playback in my library. With over 1100 albums containing a lot of prog, that's a hell of a job which by all means I don't look forward to.     

@eserim This might be interesting to you too.    

Did you ever test the gapless playback of the ripped .wav files from cdex?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@maxmp

Would it be difficult to add a fade in/out effect for the titles across the artwork? Trigger them on when changing tracks, going to the list, up swipe, slight nudge, or coming back to the player screen. Fade them after 2 or 3 seconds.

Does anyone else want this feature?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, djdarko said:

@maxmp

Would it be difficult to add a fade in/out effect for the titles across the artwork? Trigger them on when changing tracks, going to the list, up swipe, slight nudge, or coming back to the player screen. Fade them after 2 or 3 seconds.

Does anyone else want this feature?

In V2 this is how it worked. The stars rating will appear when you tap on the album art but due to tapping the album art in V3 will take you to the song list, not sure how this will be implemented.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, invaderzim said:

In V2 this is how it worked. The stars rating will appear when you tap on the album art but due to tapping the album art in V3 will take you to the song list, not sure how this will be implemented.

I tried to explain it in the previous post. It would be timed on/off when changing tracks. You can trigger it by slight nudging the artwork or up swipe which have no other effect. (Other than slight moving/bouncing the artwork).

The main option for this effect would be in the settings. It would not work at all like the star rating from V2.

It would be an option within the skin settings to avoid breaking compatibility with other skins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, djdarko said:

I tried to explain it in the previous post. It would be timed on/off when changing tracks. You can trigger it by slight nudging the artwork or up swipe which have no other effect. (Other than slight moving/bouncing the artwork).

The main option for this effect would be in the settings. It would not work at all like the star rating from V2.

Nice one! ?

I would prefers your idea than the current situation.

It seems that not even one people like that titles on the AlbumArt pic, not even one!

I guess @maxmp didn't find where to easily put those outside the albumart pic yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

I switched to EAC hoping that was the solution, but it isn't. I will check what happens with the *.wav files after the weekend and let you know.

But, I thought you said that EAC did work to make them gapless?

On 10/22/2018 at 6:36 AM, Mr. Make Believe said:

So I installed EAC with the latest LAME codec and re-encoded some of my files. And... the magic medicine worked. The newly encoded files ripped straight from CD with EAC using the latest version of LAME are being played gapless with Poweramp, while the files ripped straight from CD with CDEX using the latest version of LAME are not.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

My Axon 7 received the Oreo update today.

Now there is a problem, no more Hi Res output.

It is only 16bit 48kHz. Have the app already reinstalled but nothing helps.

 

Screenshot_2018-11-02-20-11-49.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-02-20-13-16.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-02-20-13-53.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-02-20-14-19.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-02-20-14-26.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-02-20-15-21.jpg

 

Same here. Hi Res  playing is downsampled to 16bit 48 Khz after Oreo update.  I tried  other Hi-Res music players, they have no problem. Hope Poweramp will be fixed on next version.    

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pwamps said:

 

Same here. Hi Res  playing is downsampled to 16bit 48 Khz after Oreo update.  I tried  other Hi-Res music players, they have no problem. Hope Poweramp will be fixed on next version.    

 

I have the comparison with the Neutron Player while indicating 24bit 192kHz.

But if I compare blind then I can hear no difference.

Therefore, I assume the other player Hi Res playback display but in reality do not spend more than 16bit 48kHz that what Poweramp displays as output.

Something went wrong with the AKM DAC implementation.

The sound quality sounds standard and no longer premium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

i have some heavy  bass beat  distortions on my new bluetooth speaker. i thought the old one was blown. i have my music  ran through MP3Gain on the PC.  Do i need to use the Replay gain on Poweramp for it to use the Mp3Gain settings?

What EQ settings are you using? Remember that the EQ can be set to automatically choose a preset based on the connection type (aux, bluetooth, phone speaker, etc.) You might consider adjusting it to sound good and save it as the Bluetooth preset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • maxmp locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...