Poweramp Build 807 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

4 hours ago, hdaiforever said:

Good evening,

I paid for version 802, what should I pay for the 803 update?
Do we keep the same settings of the old skin where we have to redo everything?
What is the procedure for updating?

Sorry, I start with PA.

Thank you.

No, you didn't paid for PA, you paid for the unlocker, and V3 updates are free (otherwise, Max wouldn't be posting apk's here) 

So, if you didn't buy the unlocker in the play store, you can update the app using the apk's, and yes, you'll be able to keep your current settings. 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/21/2018 at 9:25 AM, djdarko said:

That is not a new issue, we've been reporting on that for months.

A temporary fix:

Settings > Background > Background Intensity = 85%

that's what the background settings are for, not a temporary fix, it's not as if it's a bug or something.

1 hour ago, pauldamo said:

that's what the background settings are for, not a temporary fix, it's not as if it's a bug or something.

So you think it's intentional that white album covers make the controls impossible to see? If it wasn't a bug you wouldn't be able to set those settings above a certain amount.

On 10/29/2018 at 5:54 AM, Xeltos said:

I really wish that the option to directly play a song via long press in the list mode and not going to the player. Because then I have to return to the list and find my position. Especially when I am listening to recently added songs. As they are not alphanumeric. 

The option is already there... 

Settings>Library>Lists>List Item Click Action... Choose "Play and Stay In List" 

When I was on 799 every now and then I would see this bug.

The name of the song that is playing is incorrect. It shows the song that was playing earlier. 

I just downloaded 803, and am trying to recreate this.

Did anyone see a similar issue in any of the builds. 

I am on OP5T 8.1.1

Hi Max, 

Thousand thanks for bring us the amazing player. I am using rooted LG V20 with 3rd party kernel (mk2000) . Hi-Res output is not available in build 803.

I try to hack the build.prop to make the hi-res option show up for wired headset. but it will popup failed message when  playback. Any idea on this? I can upload the properties files if needed. 

Just to bring to your notice, wavpack(.wv) files are not working properly in this release, just like its predecessor. It was working until the 796 release atleast. Thank you, and thanks again for you efforts Max. 

1 hour ago, gaurav.nema said:

When I was on 799 every now and then I would see this bug.

The name of the song that is playing is incorrect. It shows the song that was playing earlier. 

I just downloaded 803, and am trying to recreate this.

Did anyone see a similar issue in any of the builds. 

I am on OP5T 8.1.1

I've seen this before but it was a while ago.... Like a month or two. I generally stay in the latest build so I just assumed that it was ironed out in one of them. 

On 10/22/2018 at 6:36 AM, Mr. Make Believe said:

Hi Max, Thnx for the updates. Maybe my latest testresults can be interesting for you to make gapless playback work better (If it needs fixing since that is the question, let me explain).

I've been testing different files since @mr_space sent me a couple of files that play gapless on his setup. He uses the same phone, some OS, etc. and runs his files with Poweramp from a SD card. The funny thing is, his files play gapless on my phone from SD as well. He uses XLD (mac) to encode, while I use CDEX (Windows). Both use the Lame encoder. The audio info shows that my files and his files are both gapless. Still there seems to be a difference in the files. His files have a lower bitrate, so I re-encoded some of my files in lower bitrate with CDEX to see if that makes a difference but bitrate and filesize doesn't seem to be the issue. So; same setup, same encoder, differnet results. 

Somehow, CDEX seems to fail in making the files truelly gapless. While I find this really strange since it uses the same encoder (LAME, I tried different versions) the fact that mr_space's files did play gapless encouraged me to try different ripping software. So I installed EAC with the latest LAME codec and re-encoded some of my files. And... the magic medicine worked. The newly encoded files ripped straight from CD with EAC using the latest version of LAME are being played gapless with Poweramp, while the files ripped straight from CD with CDEX using the latest version of LAME are not.

Still I hope you can fix this @maxmp with re-adding the "remove silence" function Poweramp used to have. Gapless worked fine with my old files on V2 by increasing the buffer and activating the "remove silence" feature. The "remoce silence" feature isn't avaialble in V3. If this can't be fixed within Poweramp, I'm affrraid I have to re-encode the albums that need gapless playback in my library. With over 1100 albums containing a lot of prog, that's a hell of a job which by all means I don't look forward to.     

@eserim This might be interesting to you too.    

This sums it up for me, too.  Is V3 somehow not compatible with the 'cut silence' feature?  There is no way I will re-encode most of my albums to accommodate for V3 that no longer supports a gapless playback experience.

1 hour ago, Salpal said:

I've seen this before but it was a while ago.... Like a month or two. I generally stay in the latest build so I just assumed that it was ironed out in one of them. 

Yeah, 803 is pretty good. I did not find that issue here.

Thanks for the reply

I have to ask something about latest version and i don't know if it's a bug or not. 

My all mp3 files have album arts embedded in them and i can see all album arts on media players on Pc and other media players on Android. But with Poweramp after i do full rescan library i can't see album arts of some songs. When i'm playing song album art looks empty. But if i press three dots under empty album art and select 'album cover' => it shows and empty album cover on left and the correct album cover on right. If i select the album cover it works as intended.

My question is why Poweramp not using default embeded album cover arts on some songs ? Why i have to select them manually? Its not happening all songs only some of them.

Edit : I did some tests => I just looked my huge music library and i jast saw songs of artist named X doesnt show album cover arts. I erased all my library and i just uploaded songs of this X artist and did a full rescan => Album arts of this artist correctly loaded. 

I think somehow if you have a huge music library on your phone, just some of random songs or artists covert arts not loading automatically. You have to select them manually with 'three dots button'. 

Is this fixable? Did anyone else had same problem?

On 10/20/2018 at 12:17 AM, maxmp said:

• tweaks to reduce sudden "stop" on track end

Just experienced bug from previous versions : playing artist / album, no repeat, after end of last song player told that list was finished, then last song restarted automatically and unexpectedly. Static Seekbar progressed a bit from beginning, then back to zero, and repeated that. Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0, 44.1 kHz 270 KBPS mp3 length 7 min 45 sec embedded album art, OPENSL ES OUTPUT 16-BIT 48 KHZ

4 hours ago, Kingog said:

This sums it up for me, too.  Is V3 somehow not compatible with the 'cut silence' feature?  There is no way I will re-encode most of my albums to accommodate for V3 that no longer supports a gapless playback experience.

It will take at least a year to check which albums need gapless an re-encode those.

I have to rectify my post you quoted. I bought the new Haken album and encoded it with eac and it does not play gapless. I wonder if XLD gives better results.

5 hours ago, Kingog said:

I'm afraid it is a feature whose absence means I may have to move.  I know improvements have been promised, but back when I first bought PA, it was one of the few, maybe only, that offered true gapless.

Now, alas as my phone seems to have "issues" with lots of other players that say they do, I'm left with either PA2 (still very good) or GMMP - v3 is in Alpha and looks very nice.  So it is a bit of a race to see which player I will finally end up as my daily player.

I need a little help. My sister just bought the app and entered beta, she updated it and while she was asking me to help her with things like choosing the folders, we ended up seeing that in her Samsung phone the WhatsApp folder doesn't show all the options like it does in mine, so when she unmarks WhatsApp in folder selection, everything disappears. Is this normal or is it a bug? Thanks and I'm sorry if this isn't the place. P.S in my Moto, I can click WhatsApp and choose among Voices, Audio, Videos, etc

37 minutes ago, Nhyphk said:

I need a little help. My sister just bought the app and entered beta, she updated it and while she was asking me to help her with things like choosing the folders, we ended up seeing that in her Samsung phone the WhatsApp folder doesn't show all the options like it does in mine, so when she unmarks WhatsApp in folder selection, everything disappears. Is this normal or is it a bug? Thanks and I'm sorry if this isn't the place. P.S in my Moto, I can click WhatsApp and choose among Voices, Audio, Videos, etc

I'm not super familiar with WhatsApp, but are you saying that she can't select her music folder(s) if she de-selects the WhatsApp folder?

If your WhatsApp has sub-folders it could simply mean that you have done something which triggered the WhatsApp to auto create those folders/files while she has not done so.

4 hours ago, eserim said:

I'm afraid it is a feature whose absence means I may have to move.  I know improvements have been promised, but back when I first bought PA, it was one of the few, maybe only, that offered true gapless.

Now, alas as my phone seems to have "issues" with lots of other players that say they do, I'm left with either PA2 (still very good) or GMMP - v3 is in Alpha and looks very nice.  So it is a bit of a race to see which player I will finally end up as my daily player.

Hopefully Max will re-implement the "cut silence" feature. But, in the meantime if you have the means, I would suggest to either re-encode your favorite albums to a true gapless format (ogg, opus, flac etc.) or encode to Single File + CUE.   I speak from experience after re-encoding 1000+ albums after I realized that AAC isn't true gapless.

Archived