Poweramp Build 807 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

Today it has happened after only a few minutes of not playing anything. Probably less than 10 or 15. 

The one time it happened I went into the playlist to jump back to the song I was playing before it started over and it kept going back to the first song no matter what song I chose.  I had swipe to the next track before it let me go into the playlist and choose a different song. 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

Today it has happened after only a few minutes of not playing anything. Probably less than 10 or 15. 

The one time it happened I went into the playlist to jump back to the song I was playing before it started over and it kept going back to the first song no matter what song I chose.  I had swipe to the next track before it let me go into the playlist and choose a different song. 

Yeah when i try to beat it at its game and select a song then when it does it's thing it still switches back to the first song.   Even if i go to a different playlist.   can't remember if it stays on the same playlist as i only tried it that one time.   

I'm finding that it doesn't happen at all if I reconnect within minutes. For instance, I tested it earlier today by leaving my car which automatically pauses it and then going straight to my room and starting up my bt speaker. It connected and auto started exactly where it left off in my car. 

Then I waited an hour and reconnected in my car and it started from the very beginning of the playlist, no shuffle.

I just sat here for 10 minutes trying to get it to happen and it won't. I guarantee that when I drive to work tomorrow morning, it's going to restart.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:37 AM, hypomaniac-eric said:

well the bugs are still not fixed with the 802.   still jumping to the first song in playlist but the same "time" in the song after connecting to bluetooth quite often.   and when shuffle is on it breaks and have to be turned off and back on as well.   I am surprised I'm the only one having this problem.   

I have that problem too on my P20 pro everytime I open PA, when it was closed and not only with BT. 

I can reproduce this issue, when I closed PA manually via taskmanager and re open it. 

34 minutes ago, Salpal said:

I'm finding that it doesn't happen at all if I reconnect within minutes. For instance, I tested it earlier today by leaving my car which automatically pauses it and then going straight to my room and starting up my bt speaker. It connected and auto started exactly where it left off in my car. 

Then I waited an hour and reconnected in my car and it started from the very beginning of the playlist, no shuffle.

I just sat here for 10 minutes trying to get it to happen and it won't. I guarantee that when I drive to work tomorrow morning, it's going to restart.

Has anyone tried it with shuffle or have shuffle quit working when this happens?  I find i have to turn shuffle off and back on again to get it to work.

36 minutes ago, Salpal said:

Try to close PA with taskmanager and re open it. 

is this normal? when hi-res output is selected for wired headset then direct volume control is enabled.. playback is directed to speaker..

and when dvc is disabled it is playing back normally in wired headset but the quality of sound is somehow reduced.

im using 802 build.

1 hour ago, redlith said:

is this normal? when hi-res output is selected for wired headset then direct volume control is enabled.. playback is directed to speaker..

and when dvc is disabled it is playing back normally in wired headset but the quality of sound is somehow reduced.

im using 802 build.

Yeah I'm having the same issue. With DVC enabled I have weird bugs on my phone. The volume indicator doesn't show for volume control apps and when i enter games, the sound gets cut (it gets cut, not paused). Currently, I just disable DVC and endure the significantly lowered volume. I'm using an LG G7.

1 hour ago, redlith said:

im using 802 build.

15 minutes ago, Kidsnd274 said:

Yeah I'm having the same issue. With DVC enabled I have weird bugs on my phone. The volume indicator doesn't show for volume control apps and when i enter games, the sound gets cut (it gets cut, not paused). Currently, I just disable DVC and endure the significantly lowered volume. I'm using an LG G7.

if you guys have Tasker, you can auto turn on/off do not disturbe mode with this:

https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=AS35m8l%2FTG5rH0nc3dkUf0velJg1WfGzFJGHG97Zz0lrjOjHn6zHg8Var6FcUlUHhN%2Byy8k%3D&id=Profile%3APowerAmp+State#

2 hours ago, redlith said:

im using 802 build.

1 hour ago, Kidsnd274 said:

Max replied to this in one of the older version threads. It's a firmware issue specific to the device you are using with DVC and that he is looking into it but no guarantee it can be resolved if I remember right was the reply

Hi, terribly sorry for not reporting this issue earlier, but busy life and an amazing ability to forget does wonders. 

I have an issue with the High Quality output on my HTC 10. Wired headset. This issue seemed to start back in the build where you let us select between Float32 and 24 bit. (Or something like that). Using the 32 option, my low quality YouTube music would crackle at some songs. And I figured that swapping to 24 but solved it, though the audio jumped a bit in volume. Just a bit though. However after some time, say a day, probably after Poweramp idles, standby or shutdown, however it works. But starting up, sound would be extremely low, so low that when you turn up the volume to normal levels, the next song beep when you used the headset buttons are even a bit too loud to be comfortable. And literally anything apart from Poweramp will blow your eardrums away.

I found a workaround, toggling the 32 and 24 setting back to 32 and then to 24 would turn it back for a while. But navigating to the settings everyday was a hassle so I just had to live with the slight crackling.  Now on never versions the option to swap between 32 and 24 is gone, and I thought that would be it, because for a very long time, it worked just fine. But then it abruptly didn't. And now it's permanently low volume on the high quality outout. To the point you can barely hear it when you swap to it at normal volume. I've tried toggling most of the stuff I could think we're relevant or related, but so far to no avail. The issue has persisted on at least 3 versions, is I am sure I had this on a build or two before the 800 release candidates. I am  on 802 now, and the issues has remained between installations. I am not sure if I have tried a clean install though. I'd prefer not to since I got my settings. 

I'm sorry for not reporting it way earlier..

17 hours ago, redlith said:

im using 802 build.

15 hours ago, Kidsnd274 said:

I have an LG G7 too and very rarely I face this problem. When it happens I just restart my phone and them it works again. At this exact moment the last reboot I did on my phone was around 500 hours ago and didn't had faced this problem again yet. As I said it's rare to happen here...

3 hours ago, Mazlum said:

Poweramp 44.1khz> 48khz

I want to use the actual sampling values.

I want to use the sample rate as 44.1.

How is it done?

Settings -> Audio ->  output

Choose "OpenSL ES Hi-Res output"

Activate the slider for the device that you are using. Then open the settings for this device. You'll find that you can change "Sample Rate". Change it to 44.1 kHz.

Check that it works while you're playing music: use the information bar below the seekbar - tap to skip the information, it should tell you at some point that you're using "Opensl es hi-res output 24-bit 44.1 kHz".

On 10/25/2018 at 6:11 AM, Vovihor said:

Songs from the sd card are not deleted. Although the resolution of the Poweramp gets. In version 702,703 they are deleted.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 pro android 5.

Same issue with Oneplus X and Android 6. App requests Access rights for the SD Card which were granted but the Song has not been deleted. For the next song to be deleted the access rights are requested again.

4 hours ago, Mazlum said:

Poweramp 44.1khz> 48khz

I want to use the actual sampling values.

I want to use the sample rate as 44.1.

How is it done?

While you can force Poweramp to set output to 44.1khz (for Hi-Res Output), most devices don't support that (most qualcomm devices), only few (s series/note) samsungs @ exinos, few other devices. Usually it's resamples back to 48khz anyways.

9 hours ago, blaubär said:

What about exporting / importing settings ?

I believe that would defeat the purpose of the clean install. It's very likely that error is in a setting somewhere, even if not possible to change by the user. However you do have a point, I could always do a clean install, remove the app and then see if it works and if it still works after restoring the settings. 

I'll try it eventually if maxmp doesn't respond on it. There's also a second minor issue with reinstalling. All my auto downloaded song covers will have to be redownloaded :P However there is no guarantee the issue is fixed or can't randomly occur again later. So for now, its posted in case anyone else have the problem or at least to see if anything can be done. 

It's not a huge problem, and am in no rush to fix it. Poweramp is great even without hi res audio.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:56 PM, hypomaniac-eric said:

That issue is related to what we was talking about several posts before yours.    That happens to me all the time.   usually when it connects to bluetooth after not being used for awhile.   But sometimes right after disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth.   

This issue came up first in build 796 or so.. In the last two builds there was no issue for me. 

No duck does not even work on regular output now. Still have to adjust volume on other outputs. Resume playback after call, and notifications, option does not work anymore. Have to manually tap play.

I uninstalled and reinstalled from playstore 802. Those just even selected in options do not work anymore.

I am also tempted to just stop using my bluetooth headphones as bluetooth and use aux cable instead. Drainage on phone is almost 30% in 3 and half hours on phone with Poweramp. I do not use even a quarter of that on wired. Still think bluetooth is nice without the wires but damn, if I am going to use up more phone battery for it. I still think bluetooth is way behind on the way it should work after many, many, years.

Poweramp is running at 12% of battery. That is high. Highest out of all everything else running on the phone. I will continue to use bluetooth for a while longer but if this continues at high battery usage, I will either go wired with same headphones or go to another app because that is too high. I can charge my headphones once every 7 and half days at 4 hours a day, to just under 2 days on phone. Over 2 days on phone when Poweramp used wired. Poweramp used wired, highest Poweramp drained at 6%, which is half or less of what bluetooth used with Poweramp.

8 hours ago, maxmp said:

While you can force Poweramp to set output to 44.1khz (for Hi-Res Output), most devices don't support that (most qualcomm devices), only few (s series/note) samsungs @ exinos, few other devices. Usually it's resamples back to 48khz anyways.

Would the user be able to see via the information bar whether it works ? My S7 tells me that  - is this correct or does it only mean that I have forced PA ?

Archived