Poweramp Build 807 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

Hello,

I installed powerapm RC 807, but it also have issue with lock screen.

I enebled it in settings but it doesn't works. Instead lock screen usual interface displayed (sometimes not).

I already reported the same issue in september for 797 version but I don't received any response.

I used Motorola Google Nexus 6 with Android 7.1.1.

Please fill free to request additional info for analysis.

P.S. Please attach screenshot of lock screen, I don't know how it should looks.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, anh.tt said:

Does clicking the album art always go back to All Songs now? That's kinda inconvenient.

No, it goes to whatever your currently playing song and category might be. If you are listening in Folders mode for example it will go to the current folder with the playing track highlighted in the middle.

Of course if you are playing in All Songs mode anyway, then that's the category view that you will be taken to.

Personally, I find it a bit too easy to catch by accident, which can be annoying. I'd prefer if it was a long-press feature rather than changing by just putting your finger anywhere on the upper half of the screen.

Andre

51 minutes ago, eserim said:

Edit - Black Player works with gapless without an issue as well.  Adding to the the list of working software on my device.

Gapless is a absolute must for me personally. Without, there are just to many albums in my library which I can't listen to without being annoyed by the gapps. 

Other than this issue, Poweramp is the only musicplayer that does all the other stuff I want in a musiplayer. The competition just isn't good enough. I do believe Max will solve this issue. There's just somthing strange happening with gapless playback and it looks like it can be solved since Poweramp is capable of playing gapless, it just doesn't do so 100% of the time. 

Everytime I come across some behaviour of Poweramp regarding gapless I inform Max about this through PM hoping the info is usefull and will help solve this bug. I do believe it's a bug since Poweramp is gapless compatible, but it doesn't work 100% of the time.

Last message I sent to Max was about Poweramp's behaviour while casting to a chromecast when mirroring my phone through Google Home. Poweramp plays perfectly gapless every first run of gapless MP3's when I mirror my phone through Google home to a Chromecast and even through headphones after I disconnected the Chromecast and plug in my headphones. From that moment Poweramp plays everything perfectly gapless even when selecting new gapless songs that weren't loaded by Poeramp before after the last reboot.

So Poweramp is capable of playing gapless. It's just buggy and Max will probably fix it. If he doesn't I probably downgrade back to V2. Black Player was ok, but I read after the last update folder view doesn't behave as it should anymore. Haven't tested it, but I'm a folder view user.

Hello! The problem has long been on my two devices with a V3 output, namely, the tracks from the memory card are not deleted. Certainly provided access, formatted the memory but to no avail. Although deleting files from internal memory without any problems. I ask for help in solving the problem. Thank!

Google translator

44 minutes ago, alternativer0ck said:

Hello! The problem has long been on my two devices with a V3 output, namely, the tracks from the memory card are not deleted. Certainly provided access, formatted the memory but to no avail. Although deleting files from internal memory without any problems. I

If you look in your Android settings, Apps, Poweramp > App Permissions > (menu) All Permissions , do you see "Modify or delete the contents of your SD Card" listed?

Andre

4 hours ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

.... Black Player was ok, but I read after the last update folder view doesn't behave as it should anymore. Haven't tested it, but I'm a folder view user.

Correction - Black Player has a few issues - just listening to Misplaced Childhood - very few gaps in original - and once in whole CD there was a noticeable gap.

It'll be a bugger to track down - this bug seems to be device related - but not totally 

23 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

Try it on the AudioTrack driver, worked for me.

OpenSL Hi Res only outputs Hi Res if you connect USB C headphone. It does not work with the adapter, for whatever reason.

Thanks for the advice, but I tried different Output options and same result for me.....even using different type-C DAC :(

5 hours ago, Chuchu_UCMN said:

Audio stutters when increasing the volume. Is this a known bug or is it just me? I use the OnePlus 6 btw. Other than that it's dope. Keep up the amazing work. 

Are you on Pie? This is very interesting issue caused by some system DSP/filter which is always active on Qualcomm Pie audio implementation. It fails for some sounds, esp. in bass area (can be heard as light clicks) or during volume changes. I can say this very specific kind of artifacts are usually associated with fixed integer DSP math and lack of resolution in filter feedback loop - some sounds require a lot of resolution (basses or signal from ramping volume which is very low frequency as well).

Poweramp generally can't avoid these, as this DSP is processing after Poweramp outputs signal.

But the next 808 build supports Hi-Res + DVC for Pie, and 192khz (or even 48khz on Hi-Res output) frequency disables this DSP -  no any artifacts on volume changes or due to the basses when Poweramp Hi-Res is enabled.

Functional requirements: I hope to support lyric scroll display and lock screen lyrics display

Hello, max, I am a user of the miui Chinese version. Most Chinese users are accustomed to watching the lyrics while listening to music, and also have the habit of watching music lock screens with lyrics.

There is Android native music media control in miui, qq music of China Tencent Group and miui music of Xiaomi Group support this feature, hope to support as early as possible

BY Google Translator.

——————————————————

功能需求:希望能支持歌词滚动展示和锁屏歌词展示

你好,max,我是miui中国版的用户。中国用户大多习惯于边听音乐边看歌词,也有看带歌词的音乐锁屏的习惯。

在miui中有着安卓原生音乐媒体控件,中国腾讯集团旗下的qq音乐和小米集团的miui音乐就支持这一特性,望能尽早支持

谢谢!

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Xiaomi? You need to enable specific Xiaomi lock screen permission in android settings => Apps => Poweramp.

Not on a Xiaomi, but on a ZTE axon 7. App settings are fine. What happens is that if you use Poweramp and then lock your phone, Poweramp stays running on top of the lock screen with full functionality when you try to access the lock screen. When Poweramp runs in the background, it shows the Lockscreen the way it's supposed to.

Thx

33 minutes ago, maxmp said:

I tested Nexus 6 @ 7.1.1 and lock screen works for me, though, it may be suppressed by some secure lockscreens.

I disable lock screen in my device. It works for prev. virsions (e.g. 709).

I tried enable another lock screen type (swipe, graphical key) and then I see lockscreen similar to system lock screen.

Sometime I see usual player screen but with disabled application list button (square android button). See attached screen shots.

Please attach screen shot how lock screen should looks in new power amp version.

I expected somethig similar to lockscreen in Poweramp v2.

1784169444_Screenshot_20181114-2100401.thumb.png.58aa631c140d4943b2ee32fde1305ece.png1981815207_Screenshot_20181114-2105261.thumb.png.61c20c58606ab3e41675bb50fbd82a68.png

11 hours ago, maxmp said:

Xiaomi? You need to enable specific Xiaomi lock screen permission in android settings => Apps => Poweramp.

I'm on xiaomi and I have the same issue... I guess... When I connect my headphones and put the phone in my pocket, I have two kinds of lockscreen, face unlock and fingerprint... And the player changes music, stops playing... The only way to stop this is not having the widget on the lockscreen of my phone... 

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, it goes to whatever your currently playing song and category might be. If you are listening in Folders mode for example it will go to the current folder with the playing track highlighted in the middle.

Of course if you are playing in All Songs mode anyway, then that's the category view that you will be taken to.

Personally, I find it a bit too easy to catch by accident, which can be annoying. I'd prefer if it was a long-press feature rather than changing by just putting your finger anywhere on the upper half of the screen.

Andre

I tried it but it didn't work.

So I was in Recently Played and played a song. When I clicked on the album art it always went back to All Songs. Same for Most Played, Recently Added, or any playlists.

It maybe a bug, I'm not sure. I'm using a Galaxy S8+ G955FD.

EDIT: updated to the 808 and the problem still persists.

4 hours ago, anh.tt said:

So I was in Recently Played and played a song. When I clicked on the album art it always went back to All Songs. Same for Most Played, Recently Added, or any playlists.

The 'Recently' lists might be special cases in that they are dynamic lists, but regular Playlists certainly should not behave that way, tapping on the title should take you to the song in context within the Playlist view.

@maxmp , this is one for the to-do list I suspect.

Andre

Archived