Poweramp Build 807 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

9 hours ago, bgrigor said:

I disabled "Short Audio Focus Change" and it didn't help -- the issue remains that if Google Maps or Samsung Health make an announcement, Poweramp v3 805 keeps playing behind the announcement.

Are you using regular audio output mode or hi-res?

Andre

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/5/2018 at 6:29 PM, maxmp said:

You’re using high gain equalization, but Hi-res + DVC don’t wotk together for Pie.

Either reduce equalization/tone gains and use high resolution output or uses normal output for high equ/tone gains.

Thanks Max for the reply. I've disabled Tone in the Equalizer, hopefully it fixes the problem. Is that what you mean? However, is that a bug, what will be fixed in the future? It was working like this previously, as far as I remember...

What about the OpenSL and the distorted sound problem? That's annoying as hell, eg. when I'm using navigation or just get a notification, please fix it. 

Screenshot_20181108-073756.jpg

Often, I need a specific countdown timer, which cannot be done with a standard timer in the player. Please make a more functional option for choosing the time of the timer, for example, as in the screenshots below, and in the "fall asleep through" field let the remaining time to turn off - instead of the total timer time - earlier you were asked in the comments.

1.jpg

2.jpg

25 minutes ago, fender62 said:

using Poweramp on an android tv box, could we have a exit quit button top right of screen, as when i use the back button on my remote control it takes me up folder view that i use before it closes app plz.

Check that you have got PA set for it to startup in the player screen rather than the Library. Also, you can just use the Home button to exit rather than Back.

Andre

Poweramp-v3-build-806-uni.apk
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build 806:
• WavPack updated to v5, includes WV DSD support (you may need to do a full rescan)
• DSD512/1024 now supported
• Queue now always ignores any shuffle and repeat modes
• new Library / Lists / A-Z Scroll option
• new Look and Feel / Player UI / Album Artist Label option
• better BT handling for some Android 9 devices (Pixels, Xiaomis, Sonys)
• Show On Lock Screen option now shows warning regarding e.g. Xiaomi lock screen permission
• translation updates - big thanks to all our Crowdin translators!

On 11/7/2018 at 11:33 PM, andrewilley said:

Are you using regular audio output mode or hi-res?

Andre

OK, I have tested it (V3 805) with standard audio output ("OpenSL ES Output 16-bit 44.1KHz" on Galaxy Note 9, Android 8.1.0) over Bluetooth. Same result: PA does not pause when Google Maps or Samsung Health make announcements; it just keeps playing in the background so you can't make out what's being said. Perhaps it isn't supposed to pause, but it would be nice if it did when listening to audiobooks and podcasts. Failing that, a button to do a quick 10-second backup might be a useful addition. I will also try 806--maybe the problem has been fixed.

Thanks @maxmp for the 806 update! Can you please elaborate on what's changed with "new Look and Feel / Player UI / Album Artist Label option"? 

I'm still missing the option to sort by Album Artist, previously in v2 I could browse by Genre, then list of albums sorted and grouped by Album Artist. This would also group different artists on compilation albums into one album under "Various Artists". In v3 sorted by Artist, these albums are shown as multiple albums per artist. This is the only last feature I miss from v2.

Thanks for your hard work!

3 minutes ago, tukanglistrik said:

@maxmp

I'm still missing the option to sort by Album Artist, previously in v2 I could browse by Genre, then list of albums sorted and grouped by Album Artist. This would also group different artists on compilation albums into one album under "Various Artists". In v3 sorted by Artist, these albums are shown as multiple albums per artist. This is the only last feature I miss from v2.

In the Library > List Options you can enable Album Artists

26 minutes ago, tukanglistrik said:

Can you please elaborate on what's changed with "new Look and Feel / Player UI / Album Artist Label option"

Album artist label is shown instead of Artist (if album artist tag exists for the track) (this is the description to that option and it's hard to add something else to it).

19 minutes ago, djdarko said:

I'm not sure I understand this one. It looks the same as it did on previous builds?

If enabled, it's the same as previous beta builds (A-Z for title and similar sorts), if disabled, scrollbar is shown instead of A-Z.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 806:
• WavPack updated to v5, includes WV DSD support (you may need to do a full rescan)
• Show On Lock Screen option now shows warning regarding e.g. Xiaomi lock screen permission

What an absolutely awesome update... DSD support. It just keeps getting better, might have to grab a 256gb sdcard at this rate?

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 806:

wow,Big update, that's right thanks max

Archived