Poweramp Build 807 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

3 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@HowlingRevenge there is a bug related to notifications when playback is started outside of player (widget, headset button, etc.). No notification means player can be killed anytime by android. 

The 807 fixes that - to be released tonight.

Yay @maxmp on fire! Thanks for all that active development since the release candidate phase.

You rocks man! ?

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, invaderzim said:

Are your songs have an Album Artist tag? If yes, in the Library menu > List Options > tick Album Artist. It will now appear in the list. Tap on AA and it will show you the Artists' albums. Tap on one and it will present you all of the Albums. Tap on All Album Artists Songs. Play 1 song and set Shuffle Songs.

Hope this is what you want. I usually play this way having all the albums shuffled.

Screenshot_20181110-133336.jpg

That is still more steps than originally.

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The queue was never intended for shuffling all albums by an artist, it is just a temporary break from normal playback to play a single or a few specific tracks. It is not a regular playback mode.

To shuffle all songs by an artist, start any song playing in Artists mode and then select the Shuffle mode as "Shuffle Songs" and each album by that artist will play with the songs in random order.

Andre

That is what I tried for many many times and no it just plays one album and on order as I have many many times said, and end at the end of the album.

On 10/20/2018 at 7:32 AM, dipanjan maity said:

.......Poweramp is not supported multi windows function in most of the galaxy phones...( j7 nxt android 8.1, j7 max android 8.1 and more) ....please fix this in next build bcz it's very usefull function for us...

Screenshot_20181020-072033_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20181020-072012_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20181020-072008_Poweramp.jpg

@max...when it will be fixed?????...pls fix it in next upcoming build(808)

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

@HowlingRevenge there is a bug related to notifications when playback is started outside of player (widget, headset button, etc.). No notification means player can be killed anytime by android. 

The 807 fixes that - to be released tonight.

Looks like it's out now.   Forgetting you're in a different time zone i was like wow it came early.   it's only 12:14pm here :) lol.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:31 AM, AllCoreListener said:

No, now the only way to shuffle all albums of an artist is making a playlist and it is like 10 steps to do, and I have over 400 artists. This is stupid when alpha before beta and beta release candidate, used to be 3 steps. Used to be Library>Artist>The Artist>Shuffle and work. Now, it is without queue, Library>Artist>The Artist>Long Press Album>All>Playlist>Create Playlist>back to Library>Playlist>the Playlist>shuffle. That would take forever for 400+ artists. Yes, it is a Monkey Butt way to do it now.

Actually, Monkey Butt is easier to deal with than shuffling all albums of an artist now.

Guess, I am just not going to do it anymore.

What I mean is the queue is now ignore shuffle is when I create a queue (long press a track > queue, another track > queue), the song is now play the queued songs in order and ignore the shuffle option. I don't see anything that requires involving queue in your 'rant', you want to shuffle the tracks inside shuffled album inside an artist, quite different on what I have in mind.

If I want to play an artist's songs, I just go to artist > the artist > shuffle, and put repeat to "Advance List"... it works for me.

5 hours ago, monkeybutt said:

If I want to play an artist's songs, I just go to artist > the artist > shuffle, and put repeat to "Advance List"... it works for me. 

Does this depend on entering via artist -> the artist -> shuffle ? Should it also work by setting "Shuffle Songs / Categories" and "Repeat List" while playing an album of the artist ?

Edit: didn't work - after the first album it switched not only the album but also the artist.

10 hours ago, blaubär said:

Does this depend on entering via artist -> the artist -> shuffle ? Should it also work by setting "Shuffle Songs / Categories" and "Repeat List" while playing an album of the artist ?

If you have repeat list set, "shuffle songs / categories" will not have a different effect to just "shuffle songs". Also here, if I set if to repeat list it always restarts the list at 2/?? instead of 1/??   I would guess that is a bug.

Edit: I was wrong, the categories shuffle does work, but the album needs to be selected from the full albums list, not artist albums.

14 hours ago, maxmp said:

shuffle button

I could use a thorough description of the shuffling options and what they are expected to do. Especially the shuffling of categories is  a bit mysterious. It doesn't seem to matter whether I play albums or artist->albums, it switches between any albums irrespective of artist. I guess that artist->albums is just another view on albums, and the effective category here is album.

2 minutes ago, saza73 said:

Why did he disappear from the 807 version of the Czech language?

All translation below 60% threshold are currently removed, as all the new texts are not translated and translation is heavily intermixed with English anyway. Translations will be re-added when new texts are translated.

Poweramp translations are available here: https://crowdin.com/project/poweramp-player

1 hour ago, blaubär said:

I could use a thorough description of the shuffling options and what they are expected to do. Especially the shuffling of categories is  a bit mysterious. It doesn't seem to matter whether I play albums or artist->albums, it switches between any albums irrespective of artist. I guess that artist->albums is just another view on albums, and the effective category here is album.

The shuffling category matches the category you're playing your track from. If you initially selected some track via Albums - that will be (all) albums, if you selected via e.g. Artists => some artists => Albums, that will be that artist albums.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:45 PM, andrewilley said:

Does "Settings > Library > Lists > Sort by Filesystem Date/Time" help?

Andre

it only takes date added as reference which gets reset every time you clear data the Poweramp or reinstall it but the date modified is a file based thing that stays within the file which would help detect recently added files acurately every time

Archived