Poweramp Build 807 (Release Candidate)

maxmp

12 hours ago, maxmp said:

• Queue now always ignores any shuffle and repeat modes

Oh... I actually liked being able to use shuffle in the Queue, as it would allow me to make temporary playlists that I could shuffle. I do this all the time.. 

Any chance you could bring it back with an option to enable/disable? 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still have issues with High Res audio + DVC on Oneplus 6 Android P version. Hopefully this will get fixed in the next update. Other than that this is hands down the best music player. ? Have been using this music player from past 3 years and my first recommendation for a high quality music player. 

11 hours ago, AllCoreListener said:

WTH? How the do I shuffle all albums of an artist, if you took it away from queue options?

The queue was never intended for shuffling all albums by an artist, it is just a temporary break from normal playback to play a single or a few specific tracks. It is not a regular playback mode.

To shuffle all songs by an artist, start any song playing in Artists mode and then select the Shuffle mode as "Shuffle Songs" and each album by that artist will play with the songs in random order.

Andre

2 hours ago, xiamutong said:

安卓系统版本能再兼容低一些的吗,比如4.4版本,我很多设备最高只有这个版本,求关注下这个问题

Poweramp v3 will only ever be available for Android 5.0 and above, due to the material design library requirements.

Version 2 (build 588) will remain available as a legacy product for people who for whatever reason can't upgrade beyond KitKat.

Oh, and can people please post in ENGLISH only in these forums, as many users won't got to the bother of translating other messages so you miss out on a lot of possible responses.

Andre 

3 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Unfortunately, Persian (and few others) translation is below 60% on Poweramp Crowdin - these are removed from PA as most new texts are in English anyway.

May i (and others) help for Persian localization in next build ?

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

The queue was never intended for shuffling all albums by an artist, it is just a temporary break from normal playback to play a single or a few specific tracks. It is not a regular playback mode.

To shuffle all songs by an artist, start any song playing in Artists mode and then select the Shuffle mode as "Shuffle Songs" and each album by that artist will play with the songs in random order.

Right, the shuffle songs will do that, but also, I think, it will be a good idea to add either a long press menu or in-settings option for that small shuffle button in category header, so allow preferred shuffle mode directly from lists without extra button hits.

2 hours ago, Shrish said:

Still have issues with High Res audio + DVC on Oneplus 6 Android P version. Hopefully this will get fixed in the next update. Other than that this is hands down the best music player. ? Have been using this music player from past 3 years and my first recommendation for a high quality music player. 

Yes, this is known issue. At this moment, I suggest to use normal output + DVC for high level of equalization/tone, or hi-res + non-DVC for high resolution and pure flat (or very light) equalization/tone.

5 hours ago, lasse said:

Oh... I actually liked being able to use shuffle in the Queue, as it would allow me to make temporary playlists that I could shuffle. I do this all the time.. 

Any chance you could bring it back with an option to enable/disable? 

I second this. I usually add a few Playlists to queue and shuffle them all. Then after those playlists have been played, it goes back to the album I was listening to. An option would be nice.

4 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

It's disappointing that Poweramp doesn't have a cast button.  But you can cast from Google Home and use any player to cast to the speaker.   Not sure about other devices such as a TV. 

It's pretty high on the features to add list. Max is aware of this. I just hope he gets to it in the near future. Mirroring audio with Google home decreases audio quality a lot. The only way to do it in a decent way is to make Poweramp audio cast ready.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

I think, it will be a good idea to add either a long press menu or in-settings option for that small shuffle button in category header

Great idea, long-press on the shuffle icon at the top of the category page to allow choice of different modes (perhaps make that selection sticky, so it is the default if tapped next time?)

Andre

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

Unfortunately, Persian (and few others) translation is below 60% on Poweramp Crowdin - these are removed from PA as most new texts are in English anyway.

@maxmpThank you for participating in the translation of the program in Persian (Farsi). I hope that I will get the translation forms or files sooner to complete the translation.

The translation of the program was to a large extent Finglish (Persian to English). I try to translate into Persian

1 hour ago, misagh97 said:

bug on 806 release : unfortunately pause, no timer no close app. pause automatically. 

I observed the same on my one plus 6t since yesterday's update. Seems that soemtime fail to create a persistent media notification. And then it's kicked out of background by the OS

Archived