Poweramp and android 8 head unit

bettsaj

Thanks.... The reason is I want gapless playback, and the current app in the head unit puts in a 2 second gap in between tracks, which is very annoying when listening to live albums, or albums where the songs link together.

I have found this on YouTube, but it's on an Android 10 unit.

• 4 weeks later...

It works fine on an Android 8 Head Unit.  The only trouble I have is that it will not pause for bt calls or navigation instructions - could be a decider for me as the pre-loaded player and some others I've tried work fine.  My unit is an XTRONS which uses a Rockchip PX5 chipset.

I have a Joying Android 8 car audio head-unit and find that Poweramp works well with most player functions.

There is a caveat though, Poweramp and the Joying head-unit don't handle Bluetooth interruption and resume very well, once interrupted I have to manually close the phone app and then restart Poweramp to resume music playback. Also Poweramp and the head-unit doesn't do key-mapping with steering wheel remote control button systems.

Without support for proper Bluetooth resume and button mapping, I've resorted back to the built-in factory music player.

Archived